The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

He has an eye for goal but the background to him would damage any positivity surrounding the club in the last 24 hrs and would send the wrong message to supporters, add that to the signing of Rice and his baggage we would be back to square one.

Too many issues in both counts

You keep banging on about Rice’s baggage, it’s utter nonsense!

Incredibly wishful thinking but I'd combine Holt's salary, Sheerin's salary and some of the January transfer budget to go and get McInnes. He has done it in the lower leagues of Scottish Football previously with St. Johnstone and in my opinion has an eye for a player and incredibly, tactics. Would send a massive statement (sorry) of intent.

Could build in clauses that mean he would be free to speak/move to a bigger club if they came in. This event would indicate that he was doing well with us at that time and we had some sort of building blocks in place for success.

I realise that I am probably deluded with this comment.

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

You keep banging on about Rice’s baggage, it’s utter nonsense!

I think a few folk have, gambling problem being one, also what happens if he has a relapse we are back to looking for a manager again asst taking over until sorts himself out then the comments speaking out against refereeing decisions etc which ended up with fines (money which can be spend elsewhere and have we no paid enough in fines to the SPFL/SFA) and his record isnt exactly stand out (i know who do i propose then).

let them take the applicants see who they are and then take it from there other than that we are stuck on the managerial merry go round with the usual suspects.

Incredibly wishful thinking but I'd combine Holt's salary, Sheerin's salary and some of the January transfer budget to go and get McInnes. He has done it in the lower leagues of Scottish Football previously with St. Johnstone and in my opinion has an eye for a player and incredibly, tactics. Would send a massive statement (sorry) of intent.
Could build in clauses that mean he would be free to speak/move to a bigger club if they came in. This event would indicate that he was doing well with us at that time and we had some sort of building blocks in place for success.
I realise that I am probably deluded with this comment.

A. He wouldn’t come to us
B. Making it easy for him to move on Is hardly encouraging any stability that we desperately need nor likely to move us forward for very long.

All we need now is some good news on the management and player front.
Personally, I haven’t any great ideas other than I still maintain that the signing of Goodwillie, if possible, would be fantastic.

This would be peak Falkirk to finally have some good news and some light at the end of the tunnel to then sign this disgusting rapist.

It would not at all be fantastic to sign him. I’d rather we spent the next 10 years down here than hero worship a piece of shit like Goodwillie to get promoted.

Guest FFC1965
11 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

As a distraction…what would be the best starting XI you could make out of the dozens and dozens of players we’ve had since Hartley’s first summer?

Burgoyne.  Doyle, Dixon, McKenna & McGhee.  Telfer, Longridge, Gomis & Connolly.  Rudden & McManus.  

Not sure how good that midfield would be without the ball mind!  

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I think a few folk have, gambling problem being one, also what happens if he has a relapse we are back to looking for a manager again asst taking over until sorts himself out then the comments speaking out against refereeing decisions etc which ended up with fines (money which can be spend elsewhere and have we no paid enough in fines to the SPFL/SFA) and his record isnt exactly stand out (i know who do i propose then).

let them take the applicants see who they are and then take it from there other than that we are stuck on the managerial merry go round with the usual suspects.

Yes we all know about the gambling problem he had, what else? 

I genuinely don’t know so need you to fill me in. 

Edited by Ecosse83

19 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

As a distraction…what would be the best starting XI you could make out of the dozens and dozens of players we’ve had since Hartley’s first summer?

Burgoyne

Williamson McKenna Dixon Robson

Morrison Telfer Keillor-Dunn Connolly

McManus Rudden

Surprisingly easy once you remove the players that were already there under Houston (McGhee etc) or that Hartley signed in January immediately after he took over (Longridge etc), along with the waves and waves of shite 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 minute ago, FFC1965 said:

Burgoyne.  Doyle, Dixon, McKenna & McGhee.  Telfer, Longridge, Gomis & Connolly.  Rudden & McManus.  

I genuinely can’t remember Burgoyne!  If we don’t include loan players our options up front look a lot poorer…

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Burgoyne

Williamson McKenna Dixon Robson

Morrison Telfer Keillor-Dunn Connolly

McManus Rudden

Surprisingly easy once you remove the players that were already there under Houston (McGhee etc) or that Hartley signed in January immediately after he took over (Longridge etc), along with the waves and waves of shite 

I know this is all theoretical but that is genuinely one of the most lightweight midfields I've ever seen.

5 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Best goalie we have seen at TFS in a long time.

If we had him from the start of that season we’d have been well clear of bottom. Same goes for DKD and Lavery (if he could ever have got fit)

Harry Burgoyne

Lewis Neilson
Jordan McGhee
Paul Dixon

Callumn Morrison
Charlie Telfer
Morgaro Gomis
Deimantas Petravicius

Davis Keillor-Dunn

Zak Rudden
Declan McManus

Well that was fucking depressing. ‘Keeper and strikers were easy enough but the rest f**k me. Not happy with the defence or midfield in the slightest.

1 hour ago, FFC1965 said:

Well, they'd obviously be pish, same as any other midfield! :huh:

19 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

B. Making it easy for him to move on Is hardly encouraging any stability that we desperately need nor likely to move us forward for very long.

We need to start winning. If we did that, got out of this league and he moved on, we'd be a much more appealing job for better managers than we are currently being linked with.

Even a "stable" manager would leave for a bigger club if he was successful.

So am I right in saying that Colin McFarlane and the two Gordons (Wright and Colborn) were hand picked by Deans in August 2020 to join the board because, in his view, the head count was too small? 

Reading between the lines it sounds like the chairman just hiring his mates on to the board to increase his own influence.

Deans, Colborn and McFarlane have thankfully all resigned now. Any word on Wright going too? First priority should be Holt out but I’d also prefer that the last remaining member of the Gary Deans led faction is also chased out the door. 

27 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes we all know about the gambling problem he had, what else? 

I genuinely don’t know so need you to fill me in. 

10k fine for breach of SFA rules on gambling

fine for misconduct

10 game ban for gambling

and say he does have a relapse then what we are back to square one as mentioned i genuinely have nothing against Rice but its wrong appointment wrong time if it was, as he hasnt done anything that stands out other than been in a constant relegation battle to keep accies in the premiership which ended up in failure.

Other than he knows what it means to be a Bairn and knows the club and what the fans want, I just dont see it and i dont think he could change it in the timescale we want/expect.

Saying that the state we are in we need  a start somewhere and it might be the gamble (pardon the pun we need).  Its a project for any manager what Holt has saddled us with to sort out.  i dont see anyone willing to work under Holt

Edited by AL-FFC