The Falkirk FC Thread

12 hours ago, Aufc said:

Not wishing him away but I would have thought Ian Murray would surely be near the top of the list of desirable and probably attainable for you

Was thinking about this last night after looking at the odds from McBookie. One of what is barely a handful on the list that I would take.

Should know the league well and can get his side playing nice football at times without being nailed down to one particular style. Not too convinced he would actually leave you lot at the moment though, when is he out of contract?

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. It seems more and more obvious that colborne was simply deans patsy at the Q and A.

Agree with that however he’s a big boy and perfectly able to refuse to say anything he doesn’t agree with. 

The willing sycophants are the other side of the coin to the belligerent egomaniacs that we really need to keep away from the club. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

10 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'll be back to games as soon as Holt is gone. 

We all have our own reasons for having stayed away this season. My biggest reason evaporated last night, so that’s me back in the fold.

1 hour ago, Hank von Hell said:

Well KJ could see right through Mark Campbell from pretty much Day One so he's already a far smarter operator than that absolute gang that was there then and completely duped by the trampy Kenny Rodgers bearded Keane loving clown 

Good luck  

Anyone with an ounce of business experience saw right through Campbell. Astounding that he was indulged to the extent he was.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The hard work starts now. Good luck to the new guys who are going into the Boardroom. I know KJ, KG, NS and DW well. They are honest, diligent and hard working people who I am confident will help drive this club forward now. They will be the first to admit they will have a lot to learn but they are smart operators and I am sure will hit the ground running. 

I have not stepped foot in that ground since the day we got relegated. I will be at the Cove game on Saturday and despite the shite we have served up on the pitch I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can’t wait to get back home. Time to get the show on the road. 

Welcome back, let's hope we can kick off the new regime with a win!

I have not stepped foot in that ground since the day we got relegated. I will be at the Cove game on Saturday and despite the shite we have served up on the pitch I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can’t wait to get back home. Time to get the show on the road. 

Similar situation for me - I've scrounged the odd season ticket when someone wasn't using it and went to a couple of Scottish Cup ties, but aside from that haven't put a penny in since the day that the protests outside the ground made no changes. Bought my half season ticket this morning.

COYB eh

13 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Stuart Adam’s presentation of the FSS was impressive and was very open and honest. I really feel the template is there now for proper meaningful fan ownership but it’s only going to work if people sign up and we have ongoing investing, just under 200 members at present. I think for it to make a tangible difference we are going to need closer to 1000 signing up and paying the £10 a month to achieve both the ongoing investment levels and the required shareholding in the club. That same pitch from tonight needs to somehow be put to out to the wider fan base and not just the 100 or so at tonight’s meeting. More fans need to sign up and actually contribute to making a change as opposed to merely moaning and complaining on online forums.  

He’s also a bit of a looker, I’m told.  

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hopefully a good atmosphere on Saturday. Not that the players really deserve it. But quite a few guys going back who’ve had to suffer shopping every Saturday for 3 years. Poor b*****ds 

Hold on! They got the better end of the deal as they probably spent less than those who did keep going and less suffering 😆

Edited by Blame Me

13 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Stuart Adam’s presentation of the FSS was impressive and was very open and honest. I really feel the template is there now for proper meaningful fan ownership but it’s only going to work if people sign up and we have ongoing investing, just under 200 members at present. I think for it to make a tangible difference we are going to need closer to 1000 signing up and paying the £10 a month to achieve both the ongoing investment levels and the required shareholding in the club. That same pitch from tonight needs to somehow be put to out to the wider fan base and not just the 100 or so at tonight’s meeting. More fans need to sign up and actually contribute to making a change as opposed to merely moaning and complaining on online forums.  

I think FSS might benefit from flyering at games if they haven't already. I've got a few mates who don't use social media much and hadn't heard even about this. Would imagine this issue is more pronounced in older age groups too. 

The hard work starts now. Good luck to the new guys who are going into the Boardroom. I know KJ, KG, NS and DW well. They are honest, diligent and hard working people who I am confident will help drive this club forward now. They will be the first to admit they will have a lot to learn but they are smart operators and I am sure will hit the ground running. 

Surely it should be a given that anyone seeking to lead an organisation can demonstrate that they are honest, diligent and hardworking?

People are elected to a board on the basis that they will then demonstrate a series of qualities including competency and professionalism.

Both Bateman and Wright were part of the group which have poorly led the club through the last 15months.  Folk like Deans are to be labelled as ‘villains who should never darken our doors” whilst these two are now good guys.  Colborn is also now a good guy because he apologised for insulting the fans at the Q&A.  He should have been apologising for the quality of his performance whilst a board member.  And Wright? He actually chairs the AGM.  Of course, they all have something in common.

If I were to be elected as an independent FSS rep to the board I would be asking for an explanation for the basis of Batemans appointment.  Where is the democratic process there?  Would I ask that question if I were an FSS rep who also happened to be a Patron?

Are the credentials he possesses really only at the level of being pals with White and Thomson as mentioned in another post?

Integrity is another very important attribute.  These people need to demonstrate that they possess that quality.

your post smacks of a person who, being a member of a political party, has just won the election.  You believe that everything will now be fantastic.  Do I need to point out the obvious analogy?

Croneyism, as we should all be aware, creates an extraordinary debilitating effect on any organisation.  Lets all hope that is not an accusation that can be levelled at the 6 Patrons on the board.

I do take my hat off to your personal decision making.  I wish I had the sense to avoid sitting in a ground where the view of Grangemouth docks  was preferable to what was taking place on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards, COYB

17 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I think FSS might benefit from flyering at games if they haven't already. I've got a few mates who don't use social media much and hadn't heard even about this. Would imagine this issue is more pronounced in older age groups too. 

Agree with that. We did the other week and will do again. 

8D1F02C9-8250-4FA4-8AE7-4BB12ECB330A.png

2FDA46CC-A28E-49CE-B3CF-19B14CAA0335.png

18 minutes ago, Baxters Wynd said:

Surely it should be a given that anyone seeking to lead an organisation can demonstrate that they are honest, diligent and hardworking?

People are elected to a board on the basis that they will then demonstrate a series of qualities including competency and professionalism.

Both Bateman and Wright were part of the group which have poorly led the club through the last 15months.  Folk like Deans are to be labelled as ‘villains who should never darken our doors” whilst these two are now good guys.  Colborn is also now a good guy because he apologised for insulting the fans at the Q&A.  He should have been apologising for the quality of his performance whilst a board member.  And Wright? He actually chairs the AGM.  Of course, they all have something in common.

If I were to be elected as an independent FSS rep to the board I would be asking for an explanation for the basis of Batemans appointment.  Where is the democratic process there?  Would I ask that question if I were an FSS rep who also happened to be a Patron?

Are the credentials he possesses really only at the level of being pals with White and Thomson as mentioned in another post?

Integrity is another very important attribute.  These people need to demonstrate that they possess that quality.

your post smacks of a person who, being a member of a political party, has just won the election.  You believe that everything will now be fantastic.  Do I need to point out the obvious analogy?

Croneyism, as we should all be aware, creates an extraordinary debilitating effect on any organisation.  Lets all hope that is not an accusation that can be levelled at the 6 Patrons on the board.

I do take my hat off to your personal decision making.  I wish I had the sense to avoid sitting in a ground where the view of Grangemouth docks  was preferable to what was taking place on the pitch.

Onwards and upwards, COYB

You make some good points but, in the case of Wright chairing the meeting, was it not the case of ‘last director standing’?

Regarding Colborn, I think he has resigned and his contribution was to give the Financial Report, which I thought was the correct thing to do as that was his area of responsibility.

Bateman is someone who has done a power of unpaid work for the club over a good number of years and, at the time of the demise of GC, he stepped in and, along with others, kept the ship afloat. As to his becoming a director maybe he is representing the interests of the major shareholders? I don’t know but he is certainly no passenger.

Although not critical, I do think it is unfortunate that the 2 representatives of the FSS also happen to be patrons. I know this is temporary but the optics are not good.

Maybe I’m a forever optimist, but I did leave the AGM with a much better feeling than I expected at the outset.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Grammar

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

All we need now is some good news on the management and player front.

Personally, I haven’t any great ideas other than I still maintain that the signing of Goodwillie, if possible, would be fantastic.

He has an eye for goal but the background to him would damage any positivity surrounding the club in the last 24 hrs and would send the wrong message to supporters, add that to the signing of Rice and his baggage we would be back to square one.

Too many issues in both counts