The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would've liked to have know what we're doing to ensure that this new cash injection isn't going to be simply pished down the drain like every other cash injection over the past 3 years or so.

That's a decent point actually. I think I saw you there; is there a reason you didn't ask it? 

We’re not fully there yet. Holt needs to be shown the door along with that poisonous p***k Thomson as a matter of urgency. I’ll be completely satisfied when Superfan and Ritchie finally get to f*ck but I’m prepared to be a bit more patient on that front.

That all said, tonight is a good night. The weight I’ve been carrying on my shoulders for the past 2 and a half years has just gotten a whole lot lighter! Well done and thank you to the patrons for such hard work and perseverance. Thanks to you guys, we might finally have our Club back.

I get the impression that if the new board want rid of Holt then he’ll be gone. Sacking Sheerin was an easy decision and one the old board could carry out. Whilst we would argue that sacking Holt is also an easy decision, it does mean changing the model of the club so that decision had to be left to the new board.

So…over to you gents ⏰

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I'll be back to games as soon as Holt is gone. 

Honest to god, that’s just pathetic. You’re just coming up with stuff now to stop you going to games. Who gives a f**k about holt, he’s not even worth talking about now but that’s stopping you going to games even after today’s monumental strides forward? We need to all get on board now furfucksake. 

33 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Honest to god, that’s just pathetic. You’re just coming up with stuff now to stop you going to games. Who gives a f**k about holt, he’s not even worth talking about now but that’s stopping you going to games even after today’s monumental strides forward? We need to all get on board now furfucksake. 

You're perfectly entitled to think that it's a pathetic reason; I'm perfectly entitled to see him as a tie to the old regime that won't have been fully ousted until he's shown the door.

Edit to add: I genuinely crave the unity we are all seeking and I want nothing more than the entire fanbase to get behind the new direction, which I ultimately believe is good for the club. If you survey social media for 5 minutes, you're able to tell that his continued employment is a massive obstacle to this unity. You say "who cares" about him; well, I think quite a lot of people will, especially if he retains a degree of power over recruitment and first-team affairs. Wanting to get behind the new regime does not mean simply uncritically signing away all your concerns, either.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

41 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now that Ronnie Bateman is a Director of the Football Club as well as the events company, then the avenue of an events company Director strolling into the Boardroom when not a Director of the Football Club needs to be shutdown permanently. This seems to be free pass that Andy Thomson uses to come and go as he pleases. 

I believe Andy Thomson would tell you he's also in charge of Falkirk TV and helps out with the club accounts. 

Regardless, if you travel to away games and look at those sitting in the BOD seats you would have seen that he, David White and Ronnie Bateman are frequent guests. I'd assume the three of them must have a relationship if not a friendship given their similar (ish) ages and affiliation to the club. 

For that reason, along with the fact that the other two are now on the BOD, I suspect you may end up disappointed. 

57 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Stuart Adam’s presentation of the FSS was impressive and was very open and honest. I really feel the template is there now for proper meaningful fan ownership but it’s only going to work if people sign up and we have ongoing investing, just under 200 members at present. I think for it to make a tangible difference we are going to need closer to 1000 signing up and paying the £10 a month to achieve both the ongoing investment levels and the required shareholding in the club. That same pitch from tonight needs to somehow be put to out to the wider fan base and not just the 100 or so at tonight’s meeting. More fans need to sign up and actually contribute to making a change as opposed to merely moaning and complaining on online forums.  

Spot on

5 hours ago, Russ said:

This is worse than our performance on Saturday imo.

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Please delete your account.

5 hours ago, Rocco said:

This is Charlie Nicholas levels of banter

5 hours ago, superandy_07 said:

peow7-judge-judy.gif

Just as well none of you are remotely bothered by a 12 year old saying you're shite then.

Guest Back Post Misses

The hard work starts now. Good luck to the new guys who are going into the Boardroom. I know KJ, KG, NS and DW well. They are honest, diligent and hard working people who I am confident will help drive this club forward now. They will be the first to admit they will have a lot to learn but they are smart operators and I am sure will hit the ground running. 

I have not stepped foot in that ground since the day we got relegated. I will be at the Cove game on Saturday and despite the shite we have served up on the pitch I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can’t wait to get back home. Time to get the show on the road. 

7 hours ago, Jarballs said:

Just as well none of you are remotely bothered by a 12 year old saying you're shite then.

In fairness, it was one of the worst posts ever seen.

In fact, it's only eclipsed by the 'at least you're not bothered' one that followed it.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

The hard work starts now. Good luck to the new guys who are going into the Boardroom. I know KJ, KG, NS and DW well. They are honest, diligent and hard working people who I am confident will help drive this club forward now. They will be the first to admit they will have a lot to learn but they are smart operators and I am sure will hit the ground running. 

I have not stepped foot in that ground since the day we got relegated. I will be at the Cove game on Saturday and despite the shite we have served up on the pitch I am like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can’t wait to get back home. Time to get the show on the road. 

Well KJ could see right through Mark Campbell from pretty much Day One so he's already a far smarter operator than that absolute gang that was there then and completely duped by the trampy Kenny Rodgers bearded Keane loving clown 

Good luck  

Edited by Hank von Hell