The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d hazard a guess they were asked to not appear to allow a constructive meeting to occur.
Anyone there care to tell us what the atmosphere was like?…

Would that not have been the same for colborne though? I reckon they simply shat it and had no interest in facing the music for the farce they have created.  They took the easy option and that should never be forgotten.

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Both Colborn and Wright actually apologised for what happed at the  Q&A as well which is at least something. Deans and Mcfarlane really have shown they’re true colours! 

Exactly. It seems more and more obvious that colborne was simply deans patsy at the Q and A.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Would that not have been the same for colborne though? I reckon they simply shat it and had no interest in facing the music for the farce they have created.  They took the easy option and that should never be forgotten.

Yep, you’re probably right. But if was was wanting to look forward rather than backwards I wouldn’t want them there….

Colborn and Wright may well be apologising now but its not just the Q&A they're culpable for.  They were on the board for the last 12 months up to that point and had ample opportunity to influence Deans, Holt etc.  They didn't and that says a lot about how useful either of them are.   Wright should be standing down with the others.  

Guest Back Post Misses
41 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

22 Patrons investing £10k each. That makes £220k.
Opportunities for up to 10 more to invest.
Can someone explain where the £500k equity number comes from? ….

The sale of the ex-MSG shares 

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d hazard a guess they were asked to not appear to allow a constructive meeting to occur.
Anyone there care to tell us what the atmosphere was like?…

Constructive probably sums it up for me. Gordon Wright was the initial speaker, followed Gordon Colborn, Ronnie Bateman, Jamie Swinney, Ian Fergus and then reps from the two fan organisations in Kenny Jamieson and Stuart Adam.

The only one likely to attract stick was Colborn and he started with an apology which seemed to defuse any hostility. 

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Certainly not the case from my point of view.  Just felt it curious that there was a genuine belief Falkirk would be that cavalier with money given their current predicament.

Its only “cavalier” if the clubs turnover and cash reserves cannot justify the expenditure. Unless something unforeseen happens I don’t believe that to be the case. 

Now that Ronnie Bateman is a Director of the Football Club as well as the events company, then the avenue of an events company Director strolling into the Boardroom when not a Director of the Football Club needs to be shutdown permanently. This seems to be free pass that Andy Thomson uses to come and go as he pleases. 

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Now that Ronnie Bateman is a Director of the Football Club as well as the events company, then the avenue of an events company Director strolling into the Boardroom when not a Director of the Football Club needs to be shutdown permanently. This seems to be free pass that Andy Thomson uses to come and go as he pleases. 

The only thing Andy Thomson should feel is the boot up his arse when he is kicked out the door of TFS for the final time.

Feel like next time I go to TFS I wont have to do so with wildly conflicting feelings, and can just get back to supporting the team without an undercurrent of hate.

For that at least, Il just take this wee moment to thank the patrons and the FSS folks for their toil and persistence. They must have had to endure some shite to get here and could easily have walked

Who knows how it will all play out, but at least it will fall where it may without the wretches that brought us here disrespecting us as fans.

Well done all. [emoji122]

6 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Was the Gary Holt issue mentioned at any point?

I would've liked to have know what we're doing to ensure that this new cash injection isn't going to be simply pished down the drain like every other cash injection over the past 3 years or so.

I’ll probably start going back to games now, have boycotted TFS this season so far but will probably buy a half season ST if they are made available. Have moaned like f**k about the board but now feel it’s probably time to get behind the new regime, manager and fingers crossed new signings. Still expect Holt to be shown the door though.

Stuart Adam’s presentation of the FSS was impressive and was very open and honest. I really feel the template is there now for proper meaningful fan ownership but it’s only going to work if people sign up and we have ongoing investing, just under 200 members at present. I think for it to make a tangible difference we are going to need closer to 1000 signing up and paying the £10 a month to achieve both the ongoing investment levels and the required shareholding in the club. That same pitch from tonight needs to somehow be put to out to the wider fan base and not just the 100 or so at tonight’s meeting. More fans need to sign up and actually contribute to making a change as opposed to merely moaning and complaining on online forums.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.