The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

22 Patrons investing £10k each. That makes £220k.
Opportunities for up to 10 more to invest.
Can someone explain where the £500k equity number comes from? ….

I think that figure includes the Rawlins money as that was all in this calendar year. They put the 300k in January 2021 did they not.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

If you’re shrewd in your dealings you don’t get ripped off regardless of what you have in the bank. 

You get ripped off if you are a mug, simple as that tbh. 

Like Brad Mckay on a 3 year deal, Mcguffie on a 2 year deal, Jaime Wilson on a 2 year deal and Steven Hetherington on a 2 year deal.

All highly incentivised contracts though.

Edited by FFC 1876

Guest Ecosse83

Quite optimistic with the new directors in charge now. 

Hopefully Holt will be gone in the next week or so, he can’t be allowed any say on signings at all! 

I think that figure includes the Rawlins money as that was all in this calendar year. They put the 300k in January 2021 did they not.

When the multitude on here quoting that we were turning down £600k ish a few months ago I presume that did not include the Rawlins money?
Now the board is resigning for 400k less investment.
Maybe it’s just me but what a f**k up we are sometimes….

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

True, but you also don’t get the targets you want as the price went up do you?…

Nah I think the price goes up with demand. If you are offering to pay 1k a week to someone on 800 say, and they are otherwise happy to move they won’t f**k themselves out of 200 a week by being greedy looking for say 1200. They’re either happy with moving on terms we want to pay or not.

Different dynamic when there are other options which is the card any agent would play anyway. Sorry but my client is being offered 1100 somewhere else has more legs in it than. We know you have money and we want more because of that. 

conversation surely starts with ‘what’s are you looking for to come here’ and it’s up to the club if they wanna play at that level or not. 

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

True, but you also don’t get the targets you want as the price went up do you?…

Do you reckon we'll be actually paying for players like? I would reckon it'll be more likely to fund some better loan signings and perhaps get in anyone made surplus to requirements elsewhere. Can't see us paying transfer fees especially in the January window.

Do you reckon we'll be actually paying for players like? I would reckon it'll be more likely to fund some better loan signings and perhaps get in anyone made surplus to requirements elsewhere. Can't see us paying transfer fees especially in the January window.

No, I’m thinking higher wages and loan agreements. But that’s not my call anyway I guess.

Very difficult to recruit well in January but as a starting point get Mcdaid back to Dundee and get Lewis Neilson back in on loan to play in at centre back beside Dixon which also provides cover for Williamson when he gets injured again. If Krasniqi isn't up to it as Sheerin alluded to in the Q&A get him back to Huddersfield and bring in another centre mid so we never have to see Hetherington again otherwise get Krasniqi on the park to show what he can offer. Get Gullan or preferably Jakubiak in on loan as neither of them are getting any game time at their parent clubs. Get Telfer moved further up the park and depending on whether it's 4 or 6 loans we can make bring in a left winger or give Ben Weekes a run of games as he can't be any more non existent than Mcguffie or Mcdaid are.

Edited by FFC 1876

So no sign of deans, or McFarlane at tonight's AGM. You'd think they could've at least showed their faces to apologise for the shambles they have lorded over. At least Wright and even colborne showed face. I hope both of the others never darken the door of TFS again and if they do are told they are not welcome. 

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

22 Patrons investing £10k each. That makes £220k.
Opportunities for up to 10 more to invest.
Can someone explain where the £500k equity number comes from? ….

Might be including the Rawlins cash?

So no sign of deans, or McFarlane at tonight's AGM. You'd think they could've at least showed their faces to apologise for the shambles they have lorded over. At least Wright and even colborne showed face. I hope both of the others never darken the door of TFS again and if they do are told they are not welcome. 

I’d hazard a guess they were asked to not appear to allow a constructive meeting to occur.
Anyone there care to tell us what the atmosphere was like?…

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can’t argue with that.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Very difficult to recruit well in January but as a starting point get Mcdaid back to Dundee and get Lewis Neilson back in on loan to play in at centre back beside Dixon which also provides cover for Williamson when he gets injured again. If Krasniqi isn't up to it as Sheerin alluded to in the Q&A get him back to Huddersfield and bring in another centre mid so we never have to see Hetherington again otherwise get Krasniqi on the park to show what he can offer. Get Gullan or preferably Jakubiak in on loan as neither of them are getting any game time at their parent clubs. Get Telfer moved further up the park and depending whether it's 4 or 6 loans we can make bring in a left winger or give Ben Weekes a run of games as he can't be any more non existent than Mcguffie or Mcdaid are.

Sort out the spine and we'll see a big improvement straight away. 

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Both Colborn and Wright actually apologised for what happed at the  Q&A as well which is at least something. Deans and Mcfarlane really have shown they’re true colours!