The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I've heard a rumour that both Holt and Thompson are due to be announced gone at the AGM.

This comes from a bloke I was speaking to in the pub last night who had mentioned that Sheerin had been sacked a few hours before the announcement.

Thomson should never be allowed to weasel his way back into the Stadium again. If he wants to watch the team, he can pay like the rest of us and that’s where it ends.

“PR guy” McFarlane needs his arse booted out as well.

54 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was about to post the exact same thing.  Surely that's a piss-take.  The chance of Falkirk's next manager being one of those 3 is zero.

I'd bite your hand off for Dick Campbell but there is literally no chance of him coming to us.

Edited by Gaz

Just now, Gaz said:

I'd bite your hand off for Dick Campbell but there is literally no chance of us coming to us.

That's better than biting my dick off for Hand Campbell I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'd bite your hand off for Dick Campbell but there is literally no chance of him coming to us.

The last campbell that was interested in us was the coffee baron, just put the job out there see who applies and dont even think of looking at that COYB page or any suggestions Kerr no thanks either

Missed this at the time but as usual, FM manages to predict real life events with clairvoyant accuracy!

Football Manager 22: Falkirk and Stenhousemuir's key assets according to the popular simulation game | Falkirk Herald

Falkirk manager expectations ...

"If you take the top job at the Falkirk Stadium, you’ll be expected to win cinch League 1, doing it in style playing attacking and entertaining football. The club also want you to develop young players to eventually sell them for a profit." - Bang on

Holt ...

"... His 5/20 judging player ability is low for his role..." - Every game has glitches 😝

Hetherington ...

"... best role is actually as a defensive winger on the left of midfield, which may make it hard to fit him into a starting eleven... "  - If only 🙄

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

What is curious is that we have a major shareholder in Phil Rawlins, who has the extensive football background. Yet, and while this may be me, there appears to have been nothing to show for this. If there is such a connection to Stoke, and there's the work in the MLS, then why are we dealing with Huddersfield (is it because we had Arfield and Wallace go there, many moons ago)?

I'm wondering that if/when Holt goes, we'll see this materialise or as usual, it's a lot of talk. When Stokes, O'Donnell and Cregg came our way, I believe the connection was thanks to Yogi and Liam Brady being friendly, nothing necessarily on paper.

Once again, if I also may ask, where is the "biggest budget in the league" based on?

Rawlins seems like an imposter. Stokes success was under Coates and Orlando was under the owner Augusto. Maybe he played a part but he looks more like a George Craig to me, a salesman- who happened to be in the right place at the right time and made sure everyone knew about it.

Interesting too that his ex wife is still involved at Orlando as Phil was elbowed out the door. Maybe she was the real brains behind it. 

Wanted: Meat Shield. 

Tasks include saying as little as possible in pre- and post- game interviews, putting out the cones and taking the blame for the shortcomings of those in positions of seniority. 

Position for 1 year but likely to be terminated early in the new year. 

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Press Box hosted by Graham Spiers

What the **** is going on at Falkirk?

Listen on Patreon

Graham Spiers is joined by two died in the wool Bairns, journalist Gordy Waddell and active fan Gordon Prophet.

- Instant reaction to Paul Sheerin leaving the club

- A 6-0 loss to Queen's Park

- Naive style of football  the players are not capable of executing

- Is Jamie Swinney hamstrung? Does he have executive power?

- THAT incredible You Tube meeting and becoming a meme

- Appalling recruitment and Gary Holt's role as director of football

- An old, experienced hand or a young, vibrant coach?

- Names in the frame? Ian McColl? John McGlynn? Dick Campbell?

Interesting listen, honest and to the point  - GP comes across very well, bravo sir. 

He’s not a Prophet he’s a very naughty boy.

Mcglynn will be on buttons at Raith but he's In a job currently where he knows he's pretty much safe as long as he keeps them nearer the top of the league than the bottom. 

I've said before about dick Campbell that whilst he's done a great job at Arbroath he could easily turn in to another John Lambie with us. Arbroath suits him and it's his type of club. 

Have listened to Spiers pod and the likes of shouts of McGlynn, McCall and Campbell would suit us down to the ground, great organisers and recruiters but there’s about 0.1% of any of them happening.

As stated if you don’t ask you don’t her but I can imagine it would be a short phone call to any of the above before the laughing begins.

30 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If the money was right they would come.

No they won't supporters have to face facts. With the exception of Telfer & Morrison the rest would be lucky to find a club if the were free agents. 

That reality will effect who would even be interested in even talking to the club about the managers job. Rightly seen as a career wrecker I very much doubt the new manager will get the pulses going and the morale of the support.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

No they won't supporters have to face facts. With the exception of Telfer & Morrison the rest would be lucky to find a club if the were free agents. 

That reality will effect who would even be interested in even talking to the club about the managers job. Rightly seen as a career wrecker I very much doubt the new manager will get the pulses going and the morale of the support.

The present plight of it being a career wrecker has Holt and the toxic culture in the hierarchy

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Alternatively, the chance to be seen as the manager who took a once-established SPL club out of their slump and brought gradual improvement.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I can't agree with that. How many players that have left us over the past few seasons have been unable to find clubs?  Last year's dross for instance:

Todd queen of the south 

Leitch Cove

Sammon and Durnan. Alloa

Alston kilmarnock

Connolly raith

Gomis Clyde

Kelly livingston

Mercer east fife

Francis Bradford PA.

One of them is in the premier League and 3 are in the championship. 

16 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

They'd all find clubs, just not a full time club.