The Falkirk FC Thread

It's not really much of a surprise that we're in a right mess when people are criticising folk before their feet are even under the desk yet. At least give the patrons and fss guys time to sort things out before  getting fired into them.  People writing them off simply because Holt's still there at the moment when they aren't even directors of the bloody club yet.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Absolutely. Time will tell. 

If I was Grainger though I would immediately change to a different formation and ditch this daft playing out from the back pish, whether he agrees with it (or was even involved in introducing it) or not. That would at least show that he's trying to do something to improve things.

Ditching playing out from the back was what M&M tried and that went terribly. Hoofball galore. Someone else by some miracle might get a tune out of the current squad but in reality we're most likely relying on a wave of new recruits in January to turn us around.

A right sided centre back to partner Dixon with Lemon as cover.

Another fullback for when Williamson inevitably gets injured again.

Two new centre midfielders unless the new manager thinks differently on Krasniqi. 

A left winger and get Mcdaid back to Dundee.

Two strikers.

Basically a brand new starting 11.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Sorry, but after what we've just witnessed with Sheerin, anyone who thinks his right-hand man Grainger on a long-term basis is what we need requires a head check.

Except that's not what I said, is it?

I've no idea how long it will take us to appoint a permanent replacement but Grainger has been given temporary charge. If it turns out that he's going to be in charge for any length of time I would certainly like to think that we'd consider him if he has the team winning and playing well.

For all I know he may be the worst coach/manager ever but he's got it for the moment and I certainly want him to do well. If he turns out to be pish then we recruit and get rid.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I thought Bateman had been confirmed as one of the 5 already ??

I would think Bateman will be required simply for his vast experience of how things are done in a football sense. Your going to have 4 new directors and a pr clown plus the boy Wright who by all accounts is the only decent director of deans crew but has been very much in the background. 

No you can’t, unless it’s whilst working notice.  That would potentially be constructive dismissal.  You either sack him for gross misconduct or other breach of contractual terms (difficult to argue potentially but would depend on contract) or make the role redundant.  

Redundancy is a cheaper route to go down, but the club needs to be validly taking the post out of existence.  We can all see a valid argument for us not needing a DoF role, but it does need to be properly considered before acting.

You could make the DoF role redundant and recruit someone else in a similar role but give it a different title and maybe look at including something slightly different in the remit. Happened to me with a previous employer.

I really think we need to temper our expectations.  We’re not going to get a new starting 11 just because we have a new manager - and recent experience has suggested that would just be a worse version of the same.

We need to stop getting worse, we need to stabilise, and make a decent fist of the rest of the season.  Playoffs is realistic.  Winning the playoffs may not be.  Work on the presumption we’ll still be in league 1 next season, and think about bringing in some part-timers while we are.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's not really much of a surprise that we're in a right mess when people are criticising folk before their feet are even under the desk yet. At least give the patrons and fss guys time to sort things out before  getting fired into them.  People writing them off simply because Holt's still there at the moment when they aren't even directors of the bloody club yet.

That’s why we’re in a mess is it Shadwell😂😂. You sure it’s nothing to do with Lang, Campbell, Deans, Hartley, Super Scout, McKinnon, M&M, Holt, Sheerin, the 65 shite signings…

Naw you’re right it’s all down to the guys on P&B. We have every right to be asking for action. I’m sure we’ll all get what we want in the not too distant future 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You could make the DoF role redundant and recruit someone else in a similar role but give it a different title and maybe look at including something slightly different in the remit. Happened to me with a previous employer.

In which case your previous employer would have been very close to breaching employment law I’d have thought.  Doesn’t matter here, we don’t need anything close to Holt’s remit.

I really think we need to temper our expectations.  We’re not going to get a new starting 11 just because we have a new manager - and recent experience has suggested that would just be a worse version of the same.
We need to stop getting worse, we need to stabilise, and make a decent fist of the rest of the season.  Playoffs is realistic.  Winning the playoffs may not be.  Work on the presumption we’ll still be in league 1 next season, and think about bringing in some part-timers while we are.

I had this discussion with a fellow fan yesterday. Before anyone jumps down my throat I’m not comparing us with Man Utd but Rangnick has come in there and he has a great squad of players to work with, whoever gets our gig thanks to Holt really doesn’t. We don’t have a great squad of players, the spine of the team is shit and we are top heavy with the same type of player, we also lack fight in the side.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I actually have no hard feelings toward Sheerin. He seems like a decent human being, and on a personal level I hope he is okay and wish him well. It's not his fault that he was underqualified for the role, should never have been appointed in the first place, and should have been sacked about 2 months ago when his lack of qualifications became clear to see for everyone - bar the BoD.

Well said. I’ve no ill feeling towards the guy whatsoever. Glad he’s gone but he’s absolutely not the main issue here.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I would think Bateman will be required simply for his vast experience of how things are done in a football sense. Your going to have 4 new directors and a pr clown plus the boy Wright who by all accounts is the only decent director of deans crew but has been very much in the background. 

I only said I thought he had been confirmed into role. I was responding to a previous post.

In which case your previous employer would have been very close to breaching employment law I’d have thought.  Doesn’t matter here, we don’t need anything close to Holt’s remit.

They changed the job title and gave me other roles and included the work of the person that left. I agree we could get by without having Holt’s remit.

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

That’s why we’re in a mess is it Shadwell😂😂. You sure it’s nothing to do with Lang, Campbell, Deans, Hartley, Super Scout, McKinnon, M&M, Holt, Sheerin, the 65 shite signings…

Naw you’re right it’s all down to the guys on P&B. We have every right to be asking for action. I’m sure we’ll all get what we want in the not too distant future 👍🏻

Yes asking for action but not slamming folk for not sacking folk when they haven't even got in the door yet.  Its going to take time to sort this mess out . It isn't going to happen overnight. Let's give the new guys time to get in , take stock and them make the necessary decisions. 

6 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Indeed, but being very close to breaching employment law is fine. As long as you don’t breach it. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Yes asking for action but not slamming folk for not sacking folk when they haven't even got in the door yet.  Its going to take time to sort this mess out . It isn't going to happen overnight. Let's give the new guys time to get in , take stock and them make the necessary decisions. 

Absolutely agree. Let’s give them time to get in (Tuesday morning) and make the necessary decisions (Holt emptied). 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

100%.

Unfortunately I don’t think we’ll ever have anything resembling unity at the club because of the sort of behaviour we’re already starting to see on this thread.