The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The stats don't lie i suppose but you're never going to perform any better than that at Hamilton in the Premiership.

I think Rice would get more out of this group than Sheerin and would certainly give him until the end of the season.

Rice would jump at the chance as well so it would save us a few weeks faffing about. Its imperative any new manager sees his squad for a few weeks before January.

Would you be ok with Canning? 

16 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The stats don't lie i suppose but you're never going to perform any better than that at Hamilton in the Premiership.

I think Rice would get more out of this group than Sheerin and would certainly give him until the end of the season.

Rice would jump at the chance as well so it would save us a few weeks faffing about. Its imperative any new manager sees his squad for a few weeks before January.

Yeah, and essentially, to get into the playoffs at Falkirk in League 1 from our current position (and lets assume theres SOME leeway in January to tailor the squad) we need someone to come in and be a flat track bully against part time teams with a fraction of our budget, not beat the odds every season to scrape safety in the top league. 

25 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm pretty sure the announcement of Houston and Hartley's sacking was a Sunday night so something may come tonight.

Houston yes. Hartley was a Monday, though if you're looking for an omen, he was launched after complete and utter humiliation at the hands of a team with Queen in their name. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Houston yes. Hartley was a Monday, though if you're looking for an omen, he was launched after complete and utter humiliation at the hands of a team with Queen in their name. 

I'm struggling to recall that particular Falkirk humiliation.

They tend to merge in the memory.

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Nah not having that. That’s conspiracy theory stuff. Deans et al have been incompotent to the max. Absolutely not defending them. But they’re falkirk fans. Have no doubts they’ve been in constant dialogue with those coming in from 5pm yesterday in order to do what’s best for the club 

Deans is a Falkirk fan? You believe that? I don’t think he had ever been in TFS before 2019.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I’ve been thinking that since 11am but I share your optimism. I can only assume negotiations have taken longer than expected. 

Sheerin should be nowhere near the club on Monday. Announce that he's gone even if it takes putting him on gardening leave till compensation can be agreed.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Unfortunately you don't even actually need half a brain to win league 2.

He even made hard work of that, hence why he was punted.

McKinnon though may have climbed away from the bottom step of our worst managers this season tho 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Nah not having that. That’s conspiracy theory stuff. Deans et al have been incompotent to the max. Absolutely not defending them. But they’re falkirk fans. Have no doubts they’ve been in constant dialogue with those coming in from 5pm yesterday in order to do what’s best for the club 

It could be argued that the best thing Deans could have done for the club was to not take the Chairman role at all.

2 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not true.

He went regularly to away games in one of the supporters buses.

You May be correct about home games but I doubt it.

You may be right about buses but I doubt it.