The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

So we prospectively have the farce of Sheerin and Holt giving the football operations update and being binned the day after once the new board get their feet in?

It's nonsensical.

Even factoring in the "new broom" view the new board have less to gain than the old board doing it as they're stock can't get any lower with the fan base so attach them to that and take credit for the new appointment.

Let’s see what happens with the football operations update. Agreed it’s awkward timing. Maybe they’ll be gone tomorrow so they dont have to go through the shame of the AGM update 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If he hasnt been sacked by the CURRENT not old, CURRENT, until they are replaced, board then it is because Gary Deans and his pals have downed tools and are not doing their jobs. Which really shows the fibre of the c***s tbqh.

Dummies out at having been questioned, then eventually ridiculed by the fans and the wider football community once they finally fucked it to such a degree that their incompetence and sneering condescension went literally viral.

Bitter, twisted wanks.

Nah not having that. That’s conspiracy theory stuff. Deans et al have been incompotent to the max. Absolutely not defending them. But they’re falkirk fans. Have no doubts they’ve been in constant dialogue with those coming in from 5pm yesterday in order to do what’s best for the club 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Nah not having that. That’s conspiracy theory stuff. Deans et al have been incompotent to the max. Absolutely not defending them. But they’re falkirk fans. Have no doubts they’ve been in constant dialogue with those coming in from 5pm yesterday in order to do what’s best for the club 

I think giving them any cut whatsoever for being "Falkirk fans" went out the window a long time ago no? 

IIt’s a cop out to not sack him. A new board come in with no manager to appoint a new one and a clean sweep, versus having to sack one on day one of their tenure. He absolutely should be gone today. 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’ll be surprised if there’s no announcement this evening 

I’ve been thinking that since 11am but I share your optimism. I can only assume negotiations have taken longer than expected. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

If he hasnt been sacked by the CURRENT not old, CURRENT, until they are replaced, board then it is because Gary Deans and his pals have downed tools and are not doing their jobs. Which really shows the fibre of the c***s tbqh.

Dummies out at having been questioned, then eventually ridiculed by the fans and the wider football community once they finally fucked it to such a degree that their incompetence and sneering condescension went literally viral.

Bitter, twisted wanks.

They are either negotiating an exit package for the Management Team for a Monday announcement or he is staying.

One way or another we will know tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Granted they cannot come out and say they aren’t sacking him but they could have at least released an apology for what was single handedly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a professional team. 

They don’t do apologies. Trust me in this. I know.

Do these sorts of announcements not generally happen on a Monday, usually early afternoon having been given the bullet in the morning? I think that was what happened at Dunfermline with Grant.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Brian Rice has the same win rate as Martin Canning, who successfully kept Hamilton up, and if anyone mentioned him they’d quite rightfully get laughed off here. 

He’s a Falkirk legend but he would be a terrible appointment as manager. 

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Brian Rice has the same win rate as Martin Canning, who successfully kept Hamilton up, and if anyone mentioned him they’d quite rightfully get laughed off here. 

He’s a Falkirk legend but he would be a terrible appointment as manager. 

The stats don't lie i suppose but you're never going to perform any better than that at Hamilton in the Premiership.

I think Rice would get more out of this group than Sheerin and would certainly give him until the end of the season.

Rice would jump at the chance as well so it would save us a few weeks faffing about. Its imperative any new manager sees his squad for a few weeks before January.