The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Holt can't stay  if he does, it's just groundhog day, new manager has to work under him, he recruits poor players for said manager, fans don't like or trust him. he simply has to go if the new board want everyone pulling in the same direction

Holt was appointed by the dimwits in the old regime, there’s no option but to get rid of him. 

Guest Ecosse83
11 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Surely the day won’t finish with him still being in charge?

I’d have thought they would wait until new board are in control before pulling the trigger. It would show they mean business and can take credit for change. 

he will be away soon it’s just a case of when!

Have just realised what's going on! 💡

Holt has been going through his list of managerial replacements and is now trying to land the 14th best candidate

8 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I’d have thought they would wait until new board are in control before pulling the trigger. It would show they mean business and can take credit for change. 

he will be away soon it’s just a case of when!

I genuinely don't understand this thinking.

It's not the case he's the old boards man so they're leaving it to the new one to do the deed. This decision should be unanimous that both agree he can't continue in post. 

What arguments could the current incumbents make for him continuing after yesterday and when you take the last few months into consideration?

If anything it's spite of the current office holders leaving the incoming ones to fix their mess and another giant F.U. against all their detractors.

Edited by Blame Me

There's a full Christmas DVD there for Dunfermline and Airdrie fans so the BOD really shouldn't miss this money spinning opportunity. That's some of the funniest football I've seen in years.

At the very least £250 from Harry Hill's 'You've just watched sh!te and you know it'

Edited by ChrispPancake

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Have just realised what's going on! 💡

Holt has been going through his list of managerial replacements and is now trying to land the 14th best candidate

I genuinely don't understand this thinking.

It's not the case he's the old boards man so they're leaving it to the new one to do the deed. This decision should be unanimous that both agree he can't continue in post. 

What arguments could the current incumbents make for him continuing after yesterday and when you take the last few months into consideration?

If anything it's spite of the current office holders leaving the incoming ones to fix their mess and another giant F.U. against all their detractors.

If you were leaving the board in the next few days would you go through the hassle of sacking someone? And maybe the new board want them to wait so they can sack him and start things on a positive. Not sure what’s hard to understand with that thinking! 

I’m fine with the current incumbents leaving it for the new board to boot Holt and Sheerin. Of course, we all know they can’t stay, and I’m certain the current board know that. But it’s a decision that affects the future of the club, thus I think it’s only fair that that decision is taken by those who are taking the club forward. The fact that it’s a complete non decision doesn’t change that

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I’m fine with the current incumbents leaving it for the new board to boot Holt and Sheerin. Of course, we all know they can’t stay, and I’m certain the current board know that. But it’s a decision that affects the future of the club, thus I think it’s only fair that that decision is taken by those who are taking the club forward. The fact that it’s a complete non decision doesn’t change that

Yep, probably the right thing to do. Gives the new board an easy feelgood start as well when their first order of business is emptying McFarlane,  Holt and Sheerin.

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

So we prospectively have the farce of Sheerin and Holt giving the football operations update and being binned the day after once the new board get their feet in?

It's nonsensical.

Even factoring in the "new broom" view the new board have less to gain than the old board doing it as they're stock can't get any lower with the fan base so attach them to that and take credit for the new appointment.

Edited by Blame Me

Certainly be interesting to see if Holt and Sheerin are present at the AGM tomorrow night.
Be surprised if they are…..

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Blame Me said:

So we prospectively have the farce of Sheerin and Holt giving the football operations update and being binned the day after once the new board get their feet in?

It's nonsensical

Yep you do raise a good point there. 

If he hasnt been sacked by the CURRENT not old, CURRENT, until they are replaced, board then it is because Gary Deans and his pals have downed tools and are not doing their jobs. Which really shows the fibre of the c***s tbqh.

Dummies out at having been questioned, then eventually ridiculed by the fans and the wider football community once they finally fucked it to such a degree that their incompetence and sneering condescension went literally viral.

Bitter, twisted wanks.

22 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

There's a full Christmas DVD there for Dunfermline and Airdrie fans so the BOD really shouldn't miss this money spinning opportunity. That's some of the funniest football I've seen in years.

At the very least £250 from Harry Hill's 'You've just watched sh!te and you know it'

See the source image