The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm absolutely fine with Rice. He's an actual manager .

We're an utter shambles of a club. We need to be realistic about who will come in the short term

I think Rice would be decent.

Sadly any manager coming in faces an uphill struggle. January recruitment is key as the squad isn't good enough and unbalanced. 

However, Holt is the elephant-in-the-room. I suspect even the new BOD members will agree with avoiding the cycle of binning teams every year so we're stuck with him in order to provide the "stability" they crave.

What a horrendous mess we have found ourselves in.

OK, time to think outside the box as no obvious solutions seem to be imminent.   We are in an "all hands to the pump" situation.  Can we call out for urgent help from former big names connected to Falkirk who might still have a soft spot for us?

- Sheerin out immediately.  
- Holt out immediately as no self respecting manager will put up with that scenario.
- Get Totten back for a few weeks until new manager is appointed.  
- Need immediate motivational input to current players from proven achievers - advice from Crunchie, Stainrod, Gillespie, (insert names here) etc?
- Captaincy taken away from Hetherington.  Drop Hetherington.

You can add or replace to this list.  We need to do something right for a change.

27 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm absolutely fine with Rice. He's an actual manager .

We're an utter shambles of a club. We need to be realistic about who will come in the short term

I think Rice 

Holt can't stay  if he does, it's just groundhog day, new manager has to work under him, he recruits poor players for said manager, fans don't like or trust him. he simply has to go if the new board want everyone pulling in the same direction

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

OK, time to think outside the box as no obvious solutions seem to be imminent.   We are in an "all hands to the pump" situation.  Can we call out for urgent help from former big names connected to Falkirk who might still have a soft spot for us?

- Holt out immediately as no self respecting manager will put up with that scenario.
- Need immediate motivational input to current players from proven achievers - advice from Crunchie, Stainrod, Gillespie, (insert names here) etc?

You can add or replace to this list.  We need to do something right for a change.

Have candid interviews after a game if it’s been a poor performance. Otherwise don’t have them. Doesn’t have to be brutal.

”So (insert managers name), why were we so poor today”?

Not a major priority I know but the first thing that came into my head and they are very annoying.

6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

No one is offering to help. 

Everyone is sitting back pissing themselves at FFC. 

I wonder if the Rawlin’s family got up to watch the game yesterday 😛

It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I’d be emptying Holt and Sheerin immediately and approaching Jim Jefferies. I know he had a health scare a couple of years back so I’ve no idea if he would entertain a return to football, but we could do worse than ask the question. Would be more than happy for Rice to come in as his assistant but not as the main man.

If the Club’s intention is to continue with a head coach and sporting director, then Jefferies buys us some time to advertise, interview and appoint thereafter. Would be more than happy for Jefferies to move upstairs into the Sporting Director role once a permanent head coach was appointed.

Only a suggestion but for me, this far outweighs any talk of McIntyre or Kettlewell.

13 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Totten hasn’t managed a team for 20 years. The chances of him wanting to come near our current mess are zero.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Is it wishful thinking to hope that the length of time it’s taking to release a statement means they’re negotiating both Sheerin and Holt’s departure?

You can but hope. 

6 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Is it wishful thinking to hope that the length of time it’s taking to release a statement means they’re negotiating both Sheerin and Holt’s departure?

4 of the board are bolting tomorrow. 

Do you really think they are in working unpaid overtime on Sunday to get rid of PS & GH?

The board will all be at home getting ready to tuck into their Sunday dinner. 

You come across as being a bit deluded at times. That’s when you’re not disliking my posts. 

There was no meeting this afternoon. Just people trying to look ITK by guessing at what they expect to happen and trying to look important. 

Gogs is having steak pie for his dinner today. 

6 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I still don't understand how we can do so badly with the tools on hand. Biggest budget in the league any half decent manager should be able to put in a very strong challenge for the title as a bare minimum. We're not needing a huge over achiever here just someone who can make the most of what we have FFS.

See Dunfermline and Hamilton one league up...both with budget advantages and decent players...both playing their way to the bottom, although the Pars have made the change somewhat successfully versus what the Accies did.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

He's certainly playing it with a straight bat.. talking gibberish about addressing things on Monday. Knowing of course that he won't be there .

Wouldn’t you?

If Paul had been a star and had an SPL team after him, FFC would be wanting compo. Contracts work both ways.

17 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

Wouldn’t you?

If Paul had been a star and had an SPL team after him, FFC would be wanting compo. Contracts work both ways.

Honest tae f**k how have we not announced his departure yet!

Any board member having watched this team for a number of weeks (months!) allied to the embarrassing performance yesterday could quickly assess that Sheerin can't turn this around and acted immediately. 

In saying that, strong leadership is what is required and we definitely don't have that!

Act now and sort out the details later.

Edited by Blame Me
Add further comment