The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

how do you do this on the phone app? can't find the option cheers

Not sure on the phone app I’m on an iPad. I went into my profile and settings and manage ignored users. Did it from there. Pity you still see quoted posts but better than everything!

Edited by Rugster

1 hour ago, Biggestbairn said:

Egg fried or boiled?

Good old chipper,  interesting when he has a punt on Cove to win the league, words out his own mouth about a month ago on bbc Scotland .  

Is anybody surprised that this has all went pete tong......  

Im honestly not sure of the crossover between folk saying "aye but who do we get" and folk that are saying they specifically don't want Rice, but I imagine its quite high.

Does anyone have any other realistic, punt Sheerin today and have a guy in before the next game names?

Im probably, overall, an "invite applications" guy but in the horrendous circumstances, would be more than willing to accept Brian Rice if it means not one minute more under Sheerin.

I take it those who are saying no to Rice are thinking advertise and see who applies?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Im honestly not sure of the crossover between folk saying "aye but who do we get" and folk that are saying they specifically don't want Rice, but I imagine its quite high.

Does anyone have any other realistic, punt Sheerin today and have a guy in before the next game names?

Im probably, overall, an "invite applications" guy but in the horrendous circumstances, would be more than willing to accept Brian Rice if it means not one minute more under Sheerin.

I take it those who are saying no to Rice are thinking advertise and see who applies?

I think its more to do with we are putting the faith in those that take over from the outgoing board being more competent so far from what i have read in the past by KJ he has his head screwed on the right way and knows what we need to move forward.  I still dont think thats Rice been in trouble too many times with the SFA in regards to comments bringing the game into disrepute and the off field baggage its too high a risk and none of the usual manager merry go round inspire any confidence for the fact they are out of work for a reason.

Why not chuck a few grand at Rice to come in for a month and get us through the busy Christmas period whilst also inviting applications (including from Rice himself) with a view to appointing a permanent manager on an 18 month contract around new year’s day (hence allowing that manager to work the transfer market in January)

I’d also be strongly considering appointing a woman to the role. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Still can’t believe we’ve had nothing from the club. 

Thing is, if he’s not away then they’re hardly going to come out and give him the vote of confidence.

My gut feeling is he’s staying which is completely untenable as he’s clearly lost the dressing room 

Given the position we are in, we will only be attractive to someone out of work. I'd offer them a short term contract to the end of the season only and extend it based on good performance only. we need to stop offering long term contracts just now and start rewarding performance.  if someone is currently out of work they should accept it on that basis. 

Hilarious Cones pish in the Falkirk Herald. Holy f**k min. 

we had a ten minute spell after we went two up top, 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/paul-sheerin-ill-take-full-responsibility-no-matter-the-outcome-3482647%3famp

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

What is the clamour for Rice,he failed at Hamilton and walked away.
I dont think theres a clamour for him at all. I think theres a recognition of the urgent need for change and the position we are in being deeply unattractive.

Usually when we call for someones head, we get "aye but who would you give it to". Rice is quite simply an answer to that question.

If the club have it in them to go and get someone better then fucking great.

The only clamour is for the immediate launching of Sheerin and Holt.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm absolutely fine with Rice. He's an actual manager .

We're an utter shambles of a club. We need to be realistic about who will come in the short term

I think Rice would be decent.