The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I keep seeing this point made but I don’t necessarily agree.

Queens Park have just appointed a director of football, and Cove and Clyde also have one in this league.

The quality of recruitment is ultimately what determines the success of a football club. The reason we are where we are is that we’ve consistently managed to get rid of a whole team and replace them with even worse quality for the last 5 years.

The £50k or whatever that a DOF will be paid is a lot less than what we’ll have spent on bringing in and getting rid of shite players over the last few years. Even less if they can identify sellable assets.

Clearly Holt isn’t up to the job but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to have someone focused on recruitment at the club, as it’s the key factor in our success or otherwise.

I'm in this camp too. Holt's a catastrophe but that's him, not the role necessarily. 

Ambivalent about whether we keep it, as long as it isn't Holt.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm pretty sure that the incoming directors would have had someone in mind given the fact previously they wanted the removal of Holt, with Holt stinking the place out he has to go since his arrival things took a nosedive, he recruited the current crop of clusterf*cks  and Sheerin just picks them and sticks them on the park surprised we've no seen his laddie yet but, whoever suggested Holt as an interim for when/if Sheerin gets sacked need to take themselves outside and get themselves booted in the balls repeatedly for even thinking that, the last time he done it we went from cracks papered over to the walls nearly come down play off spot to 5th in the league, that takes some doing and even said it was an ask to get a play off place.

This isn't true, as another poster said. There's no way for example that Ruth or Seb Ross were Holt signings. 

As well as being a diabolical bad coach and manager Sheerin's eye for a player is rancid.

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

Incredibly there are *still* some fans giving it the old “well, who would you bring in?” online, as if keeping Sheerin is the best decision of a bad bunch.

We'll invite applications, get some interesting ones, then try and tap up a manager who didn't apply or approach Neil McCann again to be rebuffed publicly.

4 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Need to get rid of Sheerin and therefore require someone to take charge while we appoint a permanent manager. Should only be for 2-3 weeks tops so not sure who else could do that for us.

Maybe one of the players could step up but that may undermine the new manager depending on results

Obvious choice would be Dixon

5 minutes ago, Wee Jockie said:

We are bad. But we could be delusional ‘big club’ Falkirk

nah we arent delusional, diabolical on the park maybe but not delusional our fanbase have accepted we are shit, which probably explains why the fanbase is still there in the hope that one week we will turn it round.  The saying it cant always rain forever springs to mind but in a Falkirk context we cant be shite forever (though current form they are pushing that one close).

All the gubbings in place for bigger than where we are but due to disastrous board decisions and appointments we are almost as diddy as Stenny

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, Believe The Hype said:

Hopefully never see mikey Ruth start again once Sheerin is gone. Jesus he is utter crap. 

Results have been dreadful since he was brought in. He’s like a frightened wee laddie. Yet Sheerin persists with him and captain fantastic.

He's obviously not been the no.1 target when we were looking for a striker but holy f**k surely there was a better option. At least Rudden when he came to us had a bit of a swagger about him. Ruth like some others we have had on loan just doesn't look ready to play first team football every week.

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Little in the way of real quality in our ranks yet. 

Disagree. There's a few decent ones and one who's an absolute standout IMO. I'm not going to put pressure on a fifteen year old boy by naming him on an internet forum but if I see you at the AGM I'll give you his name and you can have him watched. 

The beat a strong Hearts youth team and did the same to a Lowland league side in the Shire, though admittedly they were slightly bolstered by having Ompreon & Krasniqi in the team that night. That's not bad for a team of kids. 

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

It will be Rice.

That's who I think at least short term. He's ready made to step in quickly. I'm not sure he's absolutely who I'd want but we don't really have months to get a new guy in, not that it made much of a difference when you see what we ended up with. 

32 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

Results have been dreadful since he was brought in. He’s like a frightened wee laddie. Yet Sheerin persists with him and captain fantastic.

Hetherington was laughably bad yesterday. Totally inept. That back pass that led to the fifth I think it was, summed him up perfectly. 

Holt’s role should be a staff position and if Falkirk have done it all correctly, then they can make him redundant with one weeks notice and one weeks pay. If we do decide we need a DOF then wait 6 months and advertise the role. 

As for people saying he’a doing a good job on the development side, this may be true but you do realise our CEO ran the Forth Valley Academy. I’m sure he could help oversee that if Holt goes. 

I still don't understand how we can do so badly with the tools on hand. Biggest budget in the league any half decent manager should be able to put in a very strong challenge for the title as a bare minimum. We're not needing a huge over achiever here just someone who can make the most of what we have FFS.

Guest Back Post Misses
46 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Disagree. There's a few decent ones and one who's an absolute standout IMO. I'm not going to put pressure on a fifteen year old boy by naming him on an internet forum but if I see you at the AGM I'll give you his name and you can have him watched. 

The beat a strong Hearts youth team and did the same to a Lowland league side in the Shire, though admittedly they were slightly bolstered by having Ompreon & Krasniqi in the team that night. That's not bad for a team of kids. 

I meant at the 18 level 

Guest Back Post Misses
47 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I won’t be at the AGM, will be at the Cove game 

Queens Park have kindly put the highlights up, so many players in that squad that need to get so far to f**k. Starting with Hetherington as that back pass for their third goal perfectly sums him up. Forever playing sloppy passes. Hopefully we can punt Mcdaid back to Dundee as well as he offers absolutely nothing. 

Luca Connell & Connor Smith look to have had field days yesterday(granted the full QP team clearly did), both are loanees and both are miles ahead of any loans we've brought in yet again. 

Sheerin needs to go but I don't have  scooby who comes in and changes that squad around. Holt also needs to go as his recruitments lead to this shitshow.

Another shite season.

Edited by FFC 1876