The Falkirk FC Thread

I can't see anyone new coming in for a while, surely Grainger will just step up for applications to come in for the job.

I can only think of Totten being lined up when we sacked Bannon and with the current mix up at boardroom level, it's not gonna be quick 

9 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I can't see anyone new coming in for a while, surely Grainger will just step up for applications to come in for the job.

I can only think of Totten being lined up when we sacked Bannon and with the current mix up at boardroom level, it's not gonna be quick 

Twice Totten got us out of a hole. To think Hughes was available and could’ve done the same.

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

There can be absolutely no other possible scenario than Sheerin and hopefully Holt too departing tonight that would make sense, be it sacked or resignations. This just cannot continue. Absolutely no way should we not get the news we want to hear in the next few hours. 

Serious question - would you walk away from a £50k a year job if you had nothing else lined up, even if you weren’t getting the results you wanted?

For me the best thing Falkirk could do is put Holt in charge If they can’t or won’t sack him. You would save on the managers wage and Holt would then be directly accountable and responsible for results instead of being able to hide behind whatever guy comes in next.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

For me the best thing Falkirk could do is put Holt in charge If they can’t or won’t sack him. You would save on the managers wage and Holt would then be directly accountable and responsible for results instead of being able to hide behind whatever guy comes in next.

The one act that could make me despise the club more than I do now. He's needing chased.

Guest FFC1965
1 hour ago, BudBairn said:

Whens the last time we lost 6 goals in a league match apart from the old firm? I remember the 7-2 defeat at ibrox in the 2000s. I was at the 8-1 at parkhead but that was the league cup.

Dundee took 8 off us at Brockville in 1977 in a Tier 2 game.  They'd beaten us 6-1 at Brockville earlier that season too.  https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=1977&id=223&type=3

18 minutes ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Nobody can make a joke these days. 

pathetic

He can make whatever joke he wants.  And if folk want to call him an arsehole for making it, then they're perfectly within their rights to do so.

Nothing worse than these "you can't even make a joke any more" type people who start whining like precious little snowflakes whenever anybody pulls them up for their shit chat.

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe you should open up about your own personal struggles, maybe with addiction or mental wellbeing, so that we can all have a good laugh at you on a football forum then?

Aye right ye are precious, it’s a forum where you lot slaughtered everyone. 

53 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Basically since Houstie uttered those words it’s been a disaster. It was right for him to go though not all his own doing.

Today was a nadir. Get Rice in until the end of the season and take it from there. If he fails (basically by trying to somehow to improve our current league position) then maybe Kerr next if necessary.

We are a train wreck of a club that is in “salvage something” territory. 

Why does it have to be someone who played for us?

13 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Serious question - would you walk away from a £50k a year job if you had nothing else lined up, even if you weren’t getting the results you wanted?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Erm, no. Here's a much better idea. We'll boot him out the door with immediate effect, and your mob can take him, free of charge, to replace Staunch Tommy, who an increasing amount of your fans appear desperate to see the back of. Everyone wins.

21 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s not the worst idea. Before today I would’ve said don’t be ridiculous but we’ve hit rock bottom and like you said, he would no longer have anywhere to hide. 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Why does it have to be someone who played for us?

Because with the current bunch of wanks who play for us, they need to know we’ll turn on them before the manager.

employ Jim McIntyre, the players can down tools, employ Kevin McAllister or Simon Stainrod. The players get the stick and the grief.