The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

Brian Rice is such an uninspiring appointment. 

But then apart from the M&M one I thought the rest seemed ok at time. 

agree with this, however IF we do give the job to someone like Rice who is currently out of work, then please please just make it a 6 month contract with lower salary with large bonus for promotion.  if they are doing well at end of season, even if no promotion then can decide on renewing contract. long contracts and big pays with no return needs to stop. 

6 minutes ago, ChoppeReid said:

Brian Rice is such an uninspiring appointment. 

But then apart from the M&M one I thought the rest seemed ok at time. 

If you're expecting anything approaching an inspiring appointment at this time and in the current circumstances, then prepare to be disappointed. We're at the stage where anything - literally anything - has to be an improvement upon what was standing in that away dugout this afternoon, out of his depth, out of ideas, out of time.

We're surely looking for someone to come in, get more from the squad than the current - very soon to be former- incumbent and try to salvage something from the rubble of the most disastrous season in decades. You could have dragged a couple of fans from the JL stand at 2.45 this afternoon and I'd have backed them to achieve something better than the humiliation which ensued.

It's not going to be a long-term appointment. It's not going to be part of any "plan", "strategy", "model", "route-and-branch review" or any of the other utter bollocks a succession of clowns who have been a destroying our club for years have been spouting. Come in and try to blend us into something approaching a coherent football team. If that's Rice/Kerr or something like that - nah, it's not what I want in an ideal world but it's probably what we are realistically looking at for where we are at the moment. That's how low we have sunk.

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

If you're expecting anything approaching an inspiring appointment at this time and in the current circumstances, then prepare to be disappointed. We're at the stage where anything - literally anything - has to be an improvement upon what was standing in that away dugout this afternoon, out of his depth, out of ideas, out of time.

We're surely looking for someone to come in, get more from the squad than the current - very soon to be former- incumbent and try to salvage something from the rubble of the most disastrous season in decades. You could have dragged a couple of fans from the JL stand at 2.45 this afternoon and I'd have backed them to achieve something better than the humiliation which ensued.

It's not going to be a long-term appointment. It's not going to be part of any "plan", "strategy", "model", "route-and-branch review" or any of the other utter bollocks a succession of clowns who have been a destroying our club for years have been spouting. Come in and try to blend us into something approaching a coherent football team. If that's Rice/Kerr or something like that - nah, it's not what I want in an ideal world but it's probably what we are realistically looking at for where we are at the moment. That's how low we have sunk.

I've said my piece on Rice already and its largely similar to what you just said. Theres no way Brian Rice sends the current squad of players out in a home match against Montrose to look like they have no idea what to do in any facet, attack or defence, of the game. Theres no way Brian Rice completely refuses to change stuff that isnt working week in week out, and theres no way he gets a team beat 6-0 at this level. 

Whether or not he gets anything meaningful out of the season, well who knows. I am happy enough to stand by my thought that this squad reaches the playoffs with a manager who knows the basics of managing. Time would tell on that one, but I also think Paul Sheerin remaining in charge relies on other teams saving us from relegation.

52 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We won’t all agree on the new manager, that’s a given but for me personally I’d love to see Houstie with Kerr as his assistant until the end of the season and then in the summer Houston move upstairs and Kerr take over. We can all debate about Houston’s departure but one things for sure he had players running through brick walls for him. 

This is revisionist bollocks.

We were hoaching in Houston’s last season as several players downed tools on him after he announced he was retiring. Including Kerr.

8 minutes ago, Gaz said:

This is revisionist bollocks.

We were hoaching in Houston’s last season as several players downed tools on him after he announced he was retiring. Including Kerr.

Basically since Houstie uttered those words it’s been a disaster. It was right for him to go though not all his own doing.

Today was a nadir. Get Rice in until the end of the season and take it from there. If he fails (basically by trying to somehow to improve our current league position) then maybe Kerr next if necessary.

We are a train wreck of a club that is in “salvage something” territory. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Have the board blamed the fans yet for this defeat? Or does that happen tomorrow? 

Didn’t you see the memo? To save on pixels, I think the “blame the support” thing covered all fixtures until Deans leaves. After Monday, I think only one or maybe two Directors will cling on to that theory. Never checked, but did QP have six ex Bairns raising their game today? That would maybe get the fans off the hook for three of the goals. We still need to have a good look at ourselves though.

Just make sure you avoid potential criminality in all that you do. That’s very important. My son read a text message, and that constitutes potential criminality on my son’s part. It’s quite amazing an world that FFC occupy. It’s nothing like the one the one the rest of us live in.

Edited by Duncan Freemason