The Falkirk FC Thread

In some ways I feel sorry for Sheerin, he quite clearly isn't cut out to be a manager and he's been put in a terrible position. He should never have been appointed in the first place and the fault lies squarely with those that hired him. It's a job after all and I certainly wouldn't walk away from a job if I had a family to support. He should have been paid off and allowed to go back to coaching somewhere before his reputation was totally trashed. Again, the blame for him still being there lies with those that put him there.

In the first half, he was animated on the touchline and at the start of the second half our clownshoes team looked to be fired up - if Morrison's curling shot had made it 2-1, who knows? But after the 4th went in, he was just a desolate figure with the rest of the coaches not going near him. He looked to be broken, the loneliest man in the world.

Those idiots in the boardroom who allowed all this to happen are culpable. Piss off the lot of you. 

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

In some ways I feel sorry for Sheerin, he quite clearly isn't cut out to be a manager and he's been put in a terrible position. He should never have been appointed in the first place and the fault lies squarely with those that hired him. It's a job after all and I certainly wouldn't walk away from a job if I had a family to support. He should have been paid off and allowed to go back to coaching somewhere before his reputation was totally trashed. Again, the blame for him still being there lies with those that put him there.

In the first half, he was animated on the touchline and at the start of the second half our clownshoes team looked to be fired up - if Morrison's curling shot had made it 2-1, who knows? But after the 4th went in, he was just a desolate figure with the rest of the coaches not going near him. He looked to be broken, the loneliest man in the world.

Those idiots in the boardroom who allowed all this to happen are culpable. Piss off the lot of you. 

Just calmed down a bit after leaving after 4.

First half was hopeless but we looked strangely much better in first 20 minutes of second half.

However, no luck.

Defence is rotten.

No physicality, no fire, no nothing.

Surely an emergency board meeting would have been called for tonight or tomorrow including present and future directors?

Action is needed now!

17 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

It would actually be cruelty having Sheerin at the AGM.

Genuinely didn't think we'd be going into Sunday without an announcement. Maybe naive. Sacking him isn't an option to mull over, its a foregone conclusion, so fucking do it. Meet to talk about his payoff etc tomorrow.

Invite applications and let them come in of their own accord until there are people in place* to read and rate them.

*Not you Holt, you utter w****r.

We won’t all agree on the new manager, that’s a given but for me personally I’d love to see Houstie with Kerr as his assistant until the end of the season and then in the summer Houston move upstairs and Kerr take over. We can all debate about Houston’s departure but one things for sure he had players running through brick walls for him. 

Guest Ecosse83

Well not much to say about that today that hasn’t already been said! 

My guess is it will be Rice in charge with Kerr as assistant for the Cove game. 

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

It’s not really a major decision to sack Sheerin. Tuesday is the day to appoint a new manager which is definitely a major decision. Today or tomorrow at the latest is the day to get rid. 

Removing the first team coach is a "major decision" 

In the barren 70's I was 12 -20 so had much more to think about than FFC. I remember low crowds and poor performances but not to this level. 3rd tier and getting ragdolled is embarrassing. I got the message today that this group of players don't want to play for Sheerin so the only way to show it was what we saw today. He has openly said he does not think he can get them any better for God's sake. CHANGE IS ESSENTIAL

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I think the point is that there is no decision to be made. There is no way back from today.

I think the only likely outcome is that Rice will be in charge in the not too distant future. 

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Ok I’ll concede that, but it’s an easy major decision given the situation. I wouldn’t leave any difficult major decisions, such as appointment of a new coaching team to the outgoing directors but this one is a no brainier. 

It simply has to be done, and as soon as humanly possible. 

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Only other candidate is that Clyde defeat and that was a higher division. 

Well hopefully, if we need them, Airdrie fans will be as obliging as they were that season and let their club die to save us from relegation (their wee team by the way it wasn’t until 2012 they let their big team die)