The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Height at fullback isn't that crucial Philip lahm was smaller than McCann and one of the best fullbacks in the world. 

Lahm didn't play in a league where the default tactic is for teams to punt diagonal balls towards a big striker who has peeled onto the full back.

I quite liked McCann as a player but I always felt his height was a potential weakness when balls were getting played towards the back post.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Lahm didn't play in a league where the default tactic is for teams to punt diagonal balls towards a big striker who has peeled onto the full back.

I quite liked McCann as a player but I always felt his height was a potential weakness when balls were getting played towards the back post.

If that had been a huge weakness they would've though you can bet your life on that.  Positioning is far more important as is having a left side centrehalf who is good in the air . 

I think this is the first season where any excuses from any angle well and truly ended:

2016/17 - after such a great previous season, a repeat performance was always unlikely with a couple of key losses from the squad.

2017/18 - Houston announcing his pending departure always undermined his position which, in turn, probably affected on-field performance. Hartley repaired the damage to maintain Championship status. 

2018/19 - terrible summer transfer window which produced terrible results leaving us adrift. Almost escaped relegation still.

2019/20 - Despite some lows (a couple of real lows), we could’ve still gone toe-to-toe with Raith until Covid hit.

2020/21 - Top for a good while until the wheels well and truly fell off.

And to this season, the season where fans thought anything is possible now….League 2, Lowland League….

Just now, Rugster said:

Absolutely no chance he isn’t gone by the end of the weekend. Otherwise it’s just corporate mismanagement. Tonight, tomorrow, whatever. As long as it happens. 

I wouldn't want an outgoing chairman making any major decisions. Tuesday is the day.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

I wouldn't want an outgoing chairman making any major decisions. Tuesday is the day.

It’s not really a major decision to sack Sheerin. Tuesday is the day to appoint a new manager which is definitely a major decision. Today or tomorrow at the latest is the day to get rid. 

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I don't think they will sack him tonight because as has been said, there is no one to sack him. A teller will be if the club bother put out any interview packages or not. Wouldn't surprise me if they don't.

They surely can't wait till after Monday though. Manager is always at the AGM and fields any football questions.  You can't have him sitting up there with the board talking about future plans etc and then the next morning give him the boot. Surely if there's been meetings going on behind the scenes between the old and new board it can't be that difficult to get together and agree to get rid so he isn't there on Monday night.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yeah, not having that this squad can get in the playoffs.

We need 5 or 6 in.. depends if it's worth trying that in Jan or waiting til summer. 

We need to get bodies in, we are agreed on that. But the players we have should be doing a lot better than they are. Purely a matter of opinion I suppose, but for me a competent manager wins most weeks in this league with this squad, and does enough to get into the playoff spots. 

Sheerin had totally destroyed this team. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hi new directors, it's GD here. Do you mind if we sack Sheerin tonight? Save you the bother on Tuesday?

New directors: aye cool. We'll square you up by the end of the week.

Not sure if this has ever been discussed much, maybe I missed it.... Does Gary Deans claim to be a Falkirk fan, out of interest?