The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This squad cruises into the playoffs under a competent manager, and, if appointed now and backed in January, has time to make a run at the top spot. Thats how I see it. Thats how bad its been in recent weeks. 

Unfortunately, recent history tells us the right manager and good signings are going to happen only by massive fluke

I’m not sure about that tbh. QP, Cove, Montrose, Airdrie and arguably Alloa look far better than us from what I’ve seen. Take away Morrison and I don’t see those teams wanting any the rest of our team.

One of the mistakes we’ve made is assuming we are better than the teams in this league and that attitude needs to change if we want to improve.

9 minutes ago, Biggestbairn said:

Why am a troll for supporting the team?

I will admit it’s getting difficult after today.

Did you learn nothing from the Q&A?

Just ignore that tosser. Blethers pish on here. Lives for green ticks on here. He's a narcissistic lefty with a 15k admin job

Can't wait for tonight's interview.

Well Paul an unlucky performance today what do you think went wrong?

I'm not sure but we'll get back on the training ground and work hard and see if we can get a bit better. I said last week that I wasn't sure if we could get better but after today I'm now nearly convinced that we can't but we'll work hard on Monday as I said. 

How do you lift the players up after today. 

Well we'll get back on.the training ground on Monday and work hard you can't argue with that. We're striving to be a top half club and I still think we can do that. It won't be easy but if we get on the training ground and work hard anythings possible.

Paul as always thanks for your time.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This squad cruises into the playoffs under a competent manager, and, if appointed now and backed in January, has time to make a run at the top spot. Thats how I see it. Thats how bad its been in recent weeks. 

Unfortunately, recent history tells us the right manager and good signings are going to happen only by massive fluke

Obviously I’ve only seen Falkirk twice but there’s not a hope in hell that defence gets you in the playoffs at this rate. The left centre half for you today produced quite comfortably the worst performance I’ve seen in a long long time. Morrison you can tell is a good player in a shocking set up but cove, airdrie, Montrose and ourselves are stronger at this point in time 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Can't wait for tonight's interview.

Well Paul an unlucky performance today what do you think went wrong?

I'm not sure but we'll get back on the training ground and work hard and see if we can get a bit better. I said last week that I wasn't sure if we could get better but after today I'm now nearly convinced that we can't but we'll work hard on Monday as I said. 

How do you lift the players up after today. 

Well we'll get back on.the training ground on Monday and work hard you can't argue with that. We're striving to be a top half club and I still think we can do that. It won't be easy but if we get on the training ground and work hard anythings possible.

Paul as always thanks for your time.

'Thought the first goal was crucial....'

3 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Obviously I’ve only seen Falkirk twice but there’s not a hope in hell that defence gets you in the playoffs at this rate. The left centre half for you today produced quite comfortably the worst performance I’ve seen in a long long time. Morrison you can tell is a good player in a shocking set up but cove, airdrie, Montrose and ourselves are stronger at this point in time 

agreed. 2 Centre half’s who when jettisoned will end up at league 2 level. When combined with a left back who’s 5 foot when jumping. Yeesh surprised we haven’t taken more humpings

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

What's the alternative?

Monday is a chance to try and get some sort of fresh start. What we watched today cannot ever be repeated under any circumstances. It might not be an immediate turnaround but steps have to be taken to put a stop to this. It's embarrassing being a Falkirk fan. We have to do everything in our power to make sure this is rock bottom.

Normally after a result like that there would be 7 - 8 changes but that is not an option.

Cove and Hartley will be relishing dishing out a similar doing and could well do so 

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

agreed. 2 Centre half’s who when jettisoned will end up at league 2 level. When combined with a left back who’s 5 foot when jumping. Yeesh surprised we haven’t taken more humpings

Height at fullback isn't that crucial Philip lahm was smaller than McCann and one of the best fullbacks in the world. 

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

'Thought the first goal was crucial....'

To be fair. We have one of the highest budges if not the biggest for the league. Keeping it at 6, Sheerin must be rewarded. Cove, Alloa, Montrose, Airdrie are teams we should be going 10 behind the ball. Clyde, Dumbarton, Peterhead, and East Fife, perhaps speak with Craig Levein for a bit more attacking know how, perhaps 8-2-0 in the hop of a nil nil draw. To be honest this Omicron variant going about has seriously disturbed the dressing room. If we had just kept it to the Delta Variant, we may have had a chance,but the multiple variant has destroyed our gameplan