The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

thing is a lot of this isn't hindsight. fans didn't want Holt, players like wilson fans, including myself and others said were nowhere near good enough before they were signed, these 2 or 3 year contracts are fair enough if the guys being signed are brilliant but for jobbers why did we do it? then sheerins bizarre selections and interviews for months now. the treatment of fans by the board.  its one very poor decision after another. I take my hat off to those investing but I won't be even thinking about going to a game never mind investing until Holt and sheerin are gone and the new board give some form of better strategic statement and say no1 priority going forward will be the lifeblood of the club, the fans. treating arrogant people like Holt better than fans really gets my goat

Yep.. it isn't about today. I genuinely believe that. It's about 16th October.. when we were bodied by Airdrie. That's the point when Sheerin should have been sacked. 

Every fixture after that point has been a complete and utter waste of an opportunity.

f**k Sheerin, f**k Holt, f**k the board, f**k the players.

Clubs fucking rotten.

What I dont understand though, is how does it keep on happening this way. Collapse, after collapse, after collapse. The whole thing needs a massive reset.

Part time or hybrid maybe... I dont know, but repeatedly signing the same type of players who clearly dont think they need to put it in at all.

The cycle needs to be broken. A lot of faith going into these new board members, but they need to be brave. They cant afford to go in there and settle in as part if the problem.

Guest Back Post Misses

This is what happens when you let people in to make decisions at a football club when they are clearly have no clue what they are doing. 

This mess is of Deans creation. 

Bloody hell an AGM coming up - having watched that shambolic Q and A on YouTube recently it is not difficult to see where the problems lie. A Chairman who loves the sound of his own voice but who is completely out of his depth and a top heavy structure with a Manager who genuinely looks like a rabbit in the headlights. As for the Director of Football role in League 1 -it beggars belief. If Holt and Sheerin aren’t away by close of play tonight I will be astounded.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is what happens when you let people in to make decisions at a football club when they are clearly have no clue what they are doing. 

This mess is of Deans creation. 

It started before him, he has accelerated the demise though.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

It started before him, he has accelerated the demise though.

Since the day he walked through the door at the EGM opening his mouth when he was not even on the Board his involvement has been a disaster. 
I can’t be arsed reeling off his mistakes - too many to print. Utterly disastrous stewardship.  

There can be absolutely no other possible scenario than Sheerin and hopefully Holt too departing tonight that would make sense, be it sacked or resignations. This just cannot continue. Absolutely no way should we not get the news we want to hear in the next few hours. 

1 minute ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Bloody hell an AGM coming up - having watched that shambolic Q and A on YouTube recently it is not difficult to see where the problems lie. A Chairman who loves the sound of his own voice but who is completely out of his depth and a top heavy structure with a Manager who genuinely looks like a rabbit in the headlights. As for the Director of Football role in League 1 -it beggars belief. If Holt and Sheerin aren’t away by close of play tonight I will be astounded.

This.

I don't think we need to go part time. we just need to strip things back to basics. we are too top heavy. invest every penny in a fulll time first team. by that I don't mean get rid of the development teams, get rid of Holt immediately.  give new players 1 year contracts but heavily incestivising their bonus on promotion 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Since the day he walked through the door at the EGM opening his mouth when he was not even on the Board his involvement has been a disaster. 
I can’t be arsed reeling off his mistakes - too many to print. Utterly disastrous stewardship.  

Not arguing pal.

Holt is responsible for recruitment and he totally failed, the signings were appalling and clearly scouting was lazy. I said Holt was a terrible appointment and I got abuse from loads of Falkirk fans for that. Who’s going to challenge me on that now? 

29 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

It’s alright though…. remember BPM has told us it’s time to pull together. 

What's the alternative?

Monday is a chance to try and get some sort of fresh start. What we watched today cannot ever be repeated under any circumstances. It might not be an immediate turnaround but steps have to be taken to put a stop to this. It's embarrassing being a Falkirk fan. We have to do everything in our power to make sure this is rock bottom.

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

A 6-0 reverse, in the 3rd division to a team who were still amateur when we were, briefly, playing European football.

This is the lowest point for me since I started going in 1978. I’m pig sick.

I am too. Utterly heartbreaking this. Anyone defending the Football dept after this need their heads checking