The Falkirk FC Thread

Very much on board with the concept that you get the club your fanbase deserves. And it seems, given we have a still significant number of fans that think Cones should stay, we deserve these weekly beastings.

Following relegation from League One and a hard fought 3-0 loss to local rivals Stirling Albion leaving the club facing an imminent playoff with Civil Service Strollers, Peter from Langlees posts on Facebook 'Right, now I'm sure Mr Sheerin is a nice man and a great coach, but we need to start winning games soon or else we'll need to maybe look elsewhere'

12 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Yeah he obviously has ponied up 10 grand but he nailed his colours to the mast and even when he got a bit of backlash he continued to dig his heels in.

It begs the question that if Lex Miller, Andy Thompson or Craig Campbell had coughed up enough money would they have been accepted into the scheme? I certainly hope not so why has this guy? Cos he’s a nice guy and he didn’t mean it?

I’ll say it again, I am behind these initiatives and will be involved but there’s a couple of things disappointing me. The removal of Holt on Tuesday will make up for it tho 🙌🏻

Think this is an excellent point. Im disappointed that Colborn is part of this group. I think it sends a very negative message - a complete clear out was required and we're not getting that. 

Obviously some positive signs with a few of the individuals involved being a clear step up from the previous board but an opportunity missed. 

Guest Back Post Misses
11 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Yeah he obviously has ponied up 10 grand but he nailed his colours to the mast and even when he got a bit of backlash he continued to dig his heels in.

It begs the question that if Lex Miller, Andy Thompson or Craig Campbell had coughed up enough money would they have been accepted into the scheme? I certainly hope not so why has this guy? Cos he’s a nice guy and he didn’t mean it?

I’ll say it again, I am behind these initiatives and will be involved but there’s a couple of things disappointing me. The removal of Holt on Tuesday will make up for it tho 🙌🏻

I am no fan of what has happened in the last year. In fact having being involved in the NB offer in the summer I have, IMO, every right to be really angry about how that turned out especially as to where we are now. 
However I was in a meeting where the Rawlins and around 15-20 others were there two days after the Q&A where the model we now see evolving was discussed and in principle agreed. At that meeting the Patrons present made it clear that the Q&A would make it difficult to raise funds without Boardroom change. At that point Gordon Colburn held up his hands and said IF he was a blockage to investment he would step aside. (There were 2 or 3 others there who post on here can verify that)

I personally thought it showed he had the interests of the club before his own personal ambition. For that alone I respected him for saying that. 

The new set up is not perfect, it has one or two flaws but without sounding like a broken record we have to move forward now and try and pull together. 

On 02/12/2021 at 17:26, ShaggerG said:

I take your point but we still need to get the money to do it. I have absolutely no idea if we would have access to the necessary to do it though. 

This is always a bit of a red herring. You don't need to find a lump sum. We can continue to pay Sheerin his monthly salary (which will be peanuts) whilst telling him never to come within 1 mile of the stadium. 

If we had a whip round on here we could pay Sheerin for 25 years never to manage us.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am no fan of what has happened in the last year. In fact having being involved in the NB offer in the summer I have, IMO, every right to be really angry about how that turned out especially as to where we are now. 
However I was in a meeting where the Rawlins and around 15-20 others were there two days after the Q&A where the model we now see evolving was discussed and in principle agreed. At that meeting the Patrons present made it clear that the Q&A would make it difficult to raise funds without Boardroom change. At that point Gordon Colburn held up his hands and said IF he was a blockage to investment he would step aside. (There were 2 or 3 others there who post on here can verify that)

I personally thought it showed he had the interests of the club before his own personal ambition. For that alone I respected him for saying that. 

The new set up is not perfect, it has one or two flaws but without sounding like a broken record we have to move forward now and try and pull together. 

I do find it difficult to criticise someone putting substantial money into the club - I could afford to do so too, but absolutely wouldn't, so perhaps shouldn't be too negative about Colborn.

He's just so unlikeable though.

12 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This is always a bit of a red herring. You don't need to find a lump sum. We can continue to pay Sheerin his monthly salary (which will be peanuts) whilst telling him never to come within 1 mile of the stadium. 

If we had a whip round on here we could pay Sheerin for 25 years never to manage us.

👍

FFS just how many directors does a club with FFC turnover require ?

It is a business in the entertainment industry where success depends on the customers turning up. Revenue from sponsorship and adverts depends on that statistic.

Worked for a company with a 400m turnover with 8 directors. Chairperson that sat above the daily goings on keeping the business focused. The rest had their responsibilities and stayed within their brief.

What we have at FFC are a lot of well meaning people all with a finger in the pie. So with the new faces get the demarcation on who does what and stick to it. By doing that the omnishambles of the last fans meeting can be avoided and the experts in their field of responsibility can rise or fall on their business decisions.

I think the new board will struggle to increase investment until they take decisive action on Holt (at the very least).  

As said previously I think Colburn should have publicly apologised, as should Deans whether he's leaving or not.  In addition Wright and Bateman were both a big part of that board (in Batemans case as secretary) but neither have spoken up either.  

Neither spoke at the Q&A but Wright & Bateman are also patrons as well as a big part of the debacle over the last few months, both have also been silent on the Q&A shambles.  Between them, the 3 make us 15% of the Patrons group.  

With the new guys taking the lead, I hope all 3 will have very limited input given their track record of non action.  They certainly shouldn't be allowed to delay any meaningful change.  

Hopefully FSS numbers will increase once Holt has gone.  

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Colborne at least has held his hands up and stepped down what's happening with the clown prince of pr? Surely after the abusive messages scandle his position is no longer tenable and I haven't seen any mention of him stepping down unless I missed it.

Forgot about him. I think I'd amend my list to McFarlane, Sheerin and Holt. In that order.

Forgot about him. I think I'd amend my list to McFarlane, Sheerin and Holt. In that order.

Don’t forget Andy Thomson. It’s a disgrace that fucking p***k was allowed to just waltz back into the club. The biggest bellend of them all and should never be allowed to come anywhere near the stadium again.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

The number of FSS subscriptions is the concern at the moment. That needs to be increased 10-fold and that's impossible with the shambles on the pitch. 

Only promotion will see any goodwill factor return. 

Not speaking personally but think a few will be holding off for the results from the AGM.

Guest Back Post Misses
7 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Not speaking personally but think a few will be holding off for the results from the AGM.

Nothing is going to happen at the AGM that we don’t already know.