The Falkirk FC Thread

New Board: Good Morning Paul

Coach: Hello (scratches ear)

New Board: Do you think we can get a result on Saturday

Coach: It's a tough league, maybe we can't

New Board: Next on the agenda, meet Sporting Director,  say goodbye to Sporting Director, after that ideas for new coach, aye door is over there Paul, thanks.

1 hour ago, grumpyoldman said:

Very much for real and I have every right to be a fan and every right to express my opinion.

Your initial post wasn’t obvious you were being sarcastic. I presumed you genuinely expected the new directors to have turned things around in a matter of weeks which was obviously ridiculous! Still not actually sure what your point was as I genuinely haven’t read or heard any fans expecting this, most realise the new guys need time. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Now I’m very much aware it’s all the way down the list of what’s wrong with our club at the moment but another player of the month vote after another month full of pathetic performances. Our club just loves celebrating failure.

20 minutes ago, Russ said:

Now I’m very much aware it’s all the way down the list of what’s wrong with our club at the moment but another player of the month vote after another month full of pathetic performances. Our club just loves celebrating failure.

Surely they have to do it due to contract with sponsor. I’m sure they hate putting out the tweet too given they know the venom that’ll be in the replies. 

18 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

I think there's a term that includes ambitions and capabilities. Just need to add Falkirk FC 😁

If we realise our capabilities, we will achieve the ambitions of around 90% of our support, and leave your pile of pish miles behind us! 

34 minutes ago, Broken Bairn said:

If we realise our capabilities, we will achieve the ambitions of around 90% of our support, and leave your pile of pish miles behind us! 

If, if and if.  My pile of shit are realistic, not living on past glories when you were a big team and we weren't and still aren't.

5 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

You can't win games on thoughts alone.

Or are we all missing out here?

Might be just me but given we are the most critical of our own club and how shite we are doing at the moment or past few years the fact you seem to be going out your way to highlight what we already know and making a prize walloper out of yourself.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Might be just me but given we are the most critical of our own club and how shite we are doing at the moment or past few years the fact you seem to be going out your way to highlight what we already know and making a prize walloper out of yourself.

Theres a lot to laugh at for fans of others clubs at Falkirk atm. In many cases though, it seems like these posters have decided they are going to come on here and cleverly tell is just how it is, completely ignoring the fact that we are already criticising the club on a daily basis.....

It sort of like the Raith fans who obviously were choking to sing "Championees" at us on Saturday like it was some clever gotcha.... I mean fair enough, but it really just gets a shrug of the shoulders and a "much bigger things to worry about than something that happened 2 seasons ago m8" from myself. 

On 02/12/2021 at 20:23, JulioBairn said:

Fully behind all fan initiatives but struggling to get my head around Gordon Colborns involvement. He made his thoughts about us very clear.

That aside, it’s now time for action. Has Holt gone yet?

It’s an interesting one. I can only assume he has chucked in another £10k to join the Patrons. I think he has been extremely foolish in aligning himself so completely to the current Board, and has ended up compromising his personal integrity on the altar of toeing the party line. If you watch the Q&A again when he stands up with either a fixed script, or at least bullet points, he looks uneasy and nervous, and utters something like “I have drawn the short straw” before he speaks. I do not believe that he concocted that speech on his own (if at all).

However, he was certainly culpable of standing up and saying the words. Now, you could say he was 100% loyal to the Board (up until the moment the Chairman takes the microphone away from him), but equally, it brings with it huge question marks over his decision making skills. He is now a forever part of something that stands as an absolutely definitive example of how not to read a room, and it is actually so textbook, it could be used in business schools as the best known example of how not to operate in public as a Board of Directors.

Fair point and well made. But like most of us, he would give his back teeth (or cash) to see us being successful as a club and at the end of the day that is all that matters. I am sure he will never put himself in the position he found himself in at the Q &A. I hope he is big enough to apologise for the shambles that the Q&A became, and we can all move on and upwards together.

6 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

I think there's a term that includes ambitions and capabilities. Just need to add Falkirk FC 😁

absolute danger, having 12 fans as an alloa fan must be exciting

11 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s an interesting one. I can only assume he has chucked in another £10k to join the Patrons. I think he has been extremely foolish in aligning himself so completely to the current Board, and has ended up compromising his personal integrity on the altar of toeing the party line. If you watch the Q&A again when he stands up with either a fixed script, or at least bullet points, he looks uneasy and nervous, and utters something like “I have drawn the short straw” before he speaks. I do not believe that he concocted that speech on his own (if at all).

However, he was certainly culpable of standing up and saying the words. Now, you could say he was 100% loyal to the Board (up until the moment the Chairman takes the microphone away from him), but equally, it brings with it huge question marks over his decision making skills. He is now a forever part of something that stands as an absolutely definitive example of how not to read a room, and it is actually so textbook, it could be used in business schools as the best known example of how not to operate in public as a Board of Directors.

Yeah he obviously has ponied up 10 grand but he nailed his colours to the mast and even when he got a bit of backlash he continued to dig his heels in.

It begs the question that if Lex Miller, Andy Thompson or Craig Campbell had coughed up enough money would they have been accepted into the scheme? I certainly hope not so why has this guy? Cos he’s a nice guy and he didn’t mean it?

I’ll say it again, I am behind these initiatives and will be involved but there’s a couple of things disappointing me. The removal of Holt on Tuesday will make up for it tho 🙌🏻