The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is the community Foundation not a different entity from the football club anyway? It is very much a football family. The football club certainly isn't it would seem though.

They're two separate legal entities but they work very closely together. I think it was set up that way so that the community side would be eligible for things like grant funding. 

I’m not saying there aren’t people attached to our club doing good work in our community but at the moment I wouldn’t describe us as a community club and the fault for that lies with the board, they have done a cracking job to alienate a lot of our fans, their customers. Thankfully the majority will be gone soon and hopefully we will see a totally different approach by the new board.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

They're two separate legal entities but they work very closely together. I think it was set up that way so that the community side would be eligible for things like grant funding. 

Are you suggesting the club deserves credit for the work the Community Foundation does? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
15 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I’m just wanting to write about an incident regarding the club. 

I’m not sure if many of you seen this but there were rumours circulating around the start of October regarding fans being sent letters to explain their behaviour. Interestingly around the same time the club employed a member of staff who appears to have been tasked with dealing with these apparent incidents.

You may wonder why there is little evidence to support these but the exchanges I’ve heard of indicate that police action may be taken if it goes further. Understandably that would put anyone off from coming forward. 

Not sure how many fans have been on the other end of this but I have spoken to 2 people who have dealt with this new process, one who was cited for something said on a match day with no evidence supplied to support the claim. The other who actually made a complaint which was upheld by the club for abuse made about him by a director. Instead of dealing with the directors actions they had an investigator scour the complainants online profile to make accusations of criminality on their part that could be used against them should they take it further. Again, when asked what was said that was apparently criminal, they failed to provide any evidence. 

I can’t give more detail on these 2 incidents but I’ve had enough of this behaviour by members of the board. Unaccountable and unapologetic when it comes to their own actions but vague threats of going to police against fans. There is change on the horizon but there is a lot of work to do and it’s important that the new board and fans alike have a notion of what is going on behind the scenes. 

I fully understand that regardless of the platform there are lines that can be crossed but this feels more like a covert way to scare fans from criticising the club. 

The end of the letter apparently states that club employees are encouraged to report matters of abuse to the police. I don’t think any employee should suffer serious abuse but fair criticism comes hand and hand with a business and its customers. If the police deal with incidences of which I’ve been told of then we’re all under suspicion and the police will be inundated with reports of wrongdoing. 

I would say this is unbelievable but unfortunately it’s now fully expected.

Roll on the AGM. 

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. 

It’s like a communist regime in that boardroom. We are now complete with Big Brother! 

In a way we have finally got a little bit of what we have asked for in terms of a fresh board and more fan involvement on the board. Just a couple of thoughts..... 

1. Presuming it’s the same guy, can David White be a patron but also be representing FSS on the board? 

2. If this new board don’t empty Paul Sheerin and Gary Holt on day 1 then it’s absolutely pointless having a new board and they are just as bad as the previous lot. 

Hopefully good news and welcome the names being finally published. 

Should we be concerned that Colburn, Bateman and Wright are part of the patrons group given they've all been part of the board or at least 'inner circle' for the last few years?  

1st order of business post AGM has to be to get rid of Holt & probably Sheerin too.  The new board need to show that they understand concerns and are prepared to act.  

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Should we be concerned that Colburn, Bateman and Wright are part of the patrons group given they've all been part of the board or at least 'inner circle' for the last few years?  

1st order of business post AGM has to be to get rid of Holt & probably Sheerin too.  The new board need to show that they understand concerns and are prepared to act.  

Well at least a couple of them post on here, and I'd imagine others lurk.

So they will be well aware of fan opinions.

Mind you, they'll probably be monitoring the FB page too... 😬

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Are you suggesting the club deserves credit for the work the Community Foundation does? 

Yes, because the Foundation was set up BY the club. It’s no coincidence that Campbell Christie and George Craig were named on the Certificate of Incoration and that they’re based in TFS.

The credit lies primarily with the Foundation staff and volunteers who do the work every day. Though I’d say that every success they have reflects back on FFC, given that we created them. As long as the two organizations are working closely together then in my eyes we’ll always be a community club.

Regardless of what f*ck-ups any FFC board member might make during their short time in office.

Guest Back Post Misses
37 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

In a way we have finally got a little bit of what we have asked for in terms of a fresh board and more fan involvement on the board. Just a couple of thoughts..... 

1. Presuming it’s the same guy, can David White be a patron but also be representing FSS on the board? 

2. If this new board don’t empty Paul Sheerin and Gary Holt on day 1 then it’s absolutely pointless having a new board and they are just as bad as the previous lot. 

Nigel is too. The FSS appointments are temporary to the end of the season giving them time to get organised and a solid membership. Both are members of FSS and the Patrons. Time we all pull together now. 

Guest Back Post Misses
37 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

All three were BTB Patrons. All three have invested again. GC is off the Board now but I do believe he has been extremely helpful to facilitate a smooth transition to the new guys. Time for us all to pull together now. United we have a chance of sorting the wreckage. 

23 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nigel is too. The FSS appointments are temporary to the end of the season giving them time to get organised and a solid membership. Both are members of FSS and the Patrons. Time we all pull together now. 

So basically the FSS appointments will be temporarily held by Patrons, sounds a little bit bizarre so let’s hope it is temporary. 

You keep saying “pull together” and whilst I don’t disagree.... the only way that happens is by emptying Sheerin and Holt immediately. Time will tell I suppose. 

I think as long as colborne stays in the background it's not really an issue. Keeping  him away from a microphone is a given I would say.  I think that perhaps in the future it may be better to allow members of the patrons to only be able to be directors through the patrons route and not the fss just for clarity and to keep a proper 3 legged stool approach in place otherwise you are perhaps opening yourself up to issues. Obviously at this point it was important to get guys in quickly and they are only temp placements till the fss has proper ballots. Great news though and good luck to all the guys involved .

Guest Back Post Misses
23 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

So basically the FSS appointments will be temporarily held by Patrons, sounds a little bit bizarre so let’s hope it is temporary. 

You keep saying “pull together” and whilst I don’t disagree.... the only way that happens is by emptying Sheerin and Holt immediately. Time will tell I suppose. 

No that is not what I said. 

The FSS committee selected these people from a short list of people as a temporary measure to the season end to  give them time to get organised and a solid membership. Both the selected candidates are Patrons and me members of the FSS. Once the FSS are organised then formal elections will be held. However the two representing the FSS maybe very good, stand in the full elections and may well get selected by the wider membership. This is not about factions it is about us pulling in the one direction now. 
Of course the Board will be judged on results like any other Board and they will need to sort the football side no doubt. That is their call as to what they do. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Caractacus Potts

Yes, because the Foundation was set up BY the club. It’s no coincidence that Campbell Christie and George Craig were named on the Certificate of Incoration and that they’re based in TFS.

The credit lies primarily with the Foundation staff and volunteers who do the work every day. Though I’d say that every success they have reflects back on FFC, given that we created them. As long as the two organizations are working closely together then in my eyes we’ll always be a community club.

Regardless of what f*ck-ups any FFC board member might make during their short time in office.

Yes but we’re talking about the here and now. That was 18 years ago when we won the league. You can’t interchange the feeling with the club then as to the present climate nor give credit to those running the club for the good work the foundation is doing.

I think that was the point Harry was making when talking about not feeling like a community club. He wasn’t having a go at the Foundation but the huge gap between the club and fans. They can’t cling on to a separately run organisation to try claim otherwise. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

16 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

nor give credit to those running the club for the good work the foundation is doing.

They can’t cling on to a separately run organisation to try claim otherwise. 

Eh? 

I haven't given them any credit for Foundation work, nor do I see them trying to claim any. 

I'm talking about the club as an institution, not the individuals who currently serve on the board. Or the board before them, or the new one that will start on Monday. 

I understand Harry's point. I simply disagreed with it because IMO being a community club isn't defined  by however warm or cold the relationship between fans and BOD is at any given time. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

Eh? 

I haven't given them any credit for Foundation work, nor do I see them trying to claim any. 

I'm talking about the club as an institution, not the individuals who currently serve on the board. Or the board before them, or the new one that will start on Monday. 

I understand Harry's point. I simply disagreed with it because IMO being a community club isn't defined  by however warm or cold the relationship between fans and BOD is at any given time. 

I may have misread your post BB but sounded to me like you were trying to amalgamate the two therefore presenting them as one and the same. 

In any case I do agree overall that we shouldn’t let the work of a few ruin the good work by others however it’s also important that grievances are taken seriously and not ignored or shut down because people don’t want the club to look bad. That’s how these people get away with things and overall it does the club no good. 

Anyway onwards and upwards!

Edited by Caractacus Potts