The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s clearly financial doping but as long as they are being funded I think the FFP rules are very lenient now.

As you say though it will be difficult for them to sustain as I’m pretty sure that per head of population they have the lowest average attendance in the league set up and it’s difficult to see how they improve that even if they continue to be promoted.

It also begs the question, what are they paying the new guy to come from the Erevdivisie to the Scottish 3rd Division ??

Hes obviously looked up Glasgow teams and thought he was going to the old firm or at worst partick. 

55 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I would imagine they’ll be paying significantly north of that considering the guy’s CV and where he’s coming from.

If the guy does a decent job for them, then he may be worth every penny. All it takes is one Lyndon Dyke type player to move on and he has paid for himself.

With Holt we are more likely to find a Max Wall (for the younger Bairns on here... look him up)  

19 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

If the guy does a decent job for them, then he may be worth every penny. All it takes is one Lyndon Dyke type player to move on and he has paid for himself.

With Holt we are more likely to find a Max Wall (for the younger Bairns on here... look him up)  

We'd only attract Billy Dainty types at present.

Edited by kiddy

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Mid 70's was the worst I can remember though this era is running it close.

Miller onward till Totten arrived it was not an enjoyable experience any Falkirk game.

From 8,000 - 10,000 crowds in the Cunningham reign to 500 in 6 seasons takes some doing.

It was a grim period but I genuinely think that for sheer incompetence, disconnect from the fans and the level of misery being inflicted recent times are considerably worse.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s clearly financial doping but as long as they are being funded I think the FFP rules are very lenient now.

As you say though it will be difficult for them to sustain as I’m pretty sure that per head of population they have the lowest average attendance in the league set up and it’s difficult to see how they improve that even if they continue to be promoted.

It also begs the question, what are they paying the new guy to come from the Erevdivisie to the Scottish 3rd Division ??

If you look at Queens Park's history and one of the biggest clubs in the world in its time. Case of what if they had gone professional there is a good chance Celtic and Rangers would be no more than provincial clubs.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If you look at Queens Park's history and one of the biggest clubs in the world in its time. Case of what if they had gone professional there is a good chance Celtic and Rangers would be no more than provincial clubs.

They didn't go for a religious aspect?

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Take your point ! so many similarities its uncanny.

What edges it for the 70's is that fans stopped coming.

More season tickets now, pretty sure if the great majority of fans were PATG attendances would drop dramatically, also for all the nostalgia surrounding Brockville it was a bleak place in the winter.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

More season tickets now, pretty sure if the great majority of fans were PATG attendances would drop dramatically, also for all the nostalgia surrounding Brockville it was a bleak place in the winter.

I honestly feel if we didn’t have such a stupid, yes stupid, stadium (outside of the town too), Brockville wouldn’t be missed as much.

1 hour ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I honestly feel if we didn’t have such a stupid, yes stupid, stadium (outside of the town too), Brockville wouldn’t be missed as much.

Maybe that would have been a better answer than town hall uo the high street. Put the football stadium up the High street

3 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Surely Duncan "Chase Me" Norvelle on the wing.

In Dublin with lads from our depot over here, talking about predicament of Falkirk, one of the lads, an ex FIFA referee and now observer / assessor in League of Ireland mentioned Stephen O’Donnell who has just won the Irish Cup for St Pats, apparently very highly rated over here. Thoughts ?

21 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

In Dublin with lads from our depot over here, talking about predicament of Falkirk, one of the lads, an ex FIFA referee and now observer / assessor in League of Ireland mentioned Stephen O’Donnell who has just won the Irish Cup for St Pats, apparently very highly rated over here. Thoughts ?

I'd imagine his sights are a bit higher than Falkirk now. Maybe at the end of last season he could have been persuaded but reckon that boat has now sailed. 

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'd imagine his sights are a bit higher than Falkirk now. Maybe at the end of last season he could have been persuaded but reckon that boat has now sailed. 

It’s quite interesting when you talk to guys who know a bit about Irish Football, which we probably all underrate.  We have major investors with the thick end of nowt in the club. Dermott Desmond has just put 5 Million Euros into Shelbourne.  

6 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Who puts out the cones and coaches the laddies at St Pats? Get him to send his CV to G Deans swiftish.