The Falkirk FC Thread

He'll also be extremely lucky to get another managers job unless it's at a lower level than us and he probably knows it himself. 

Absolutely no chance he’s getting another managers job after this clusterfuck. Back to coaching kids or putting the cones and bibs out for an actual manager.

On 28/11/2021 at 03:54, Shadwell Dog said:

Not sure about rice myself but I wouldn't blame him for Hamilton's current demise. Pretty obvious they have been totally skint for a couple of seasons now and are having to play a pile of kids every week. I'd possibly rather see him replacing Holt than sheerin.

Rice is a self confessed bettaholic who has a serious addiction / condition, that he confessed affected his judgment  I can't imagine that with such a condition he can function as a leader of men wether it be as a club manager or even less likely a sporting director. 

We need someone to lead the club properly and drag us out of the shit we've been in for years - That person must be some one we can all get behind look up too and believe In .Brian Rice has enough issues without the added burden of Falkirk problems.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

This is nonsense. No one referred to McKinnon, Hartley or even Dumb and Dumber as the worst managers in our history.

The first two were actual football managers of some pedigree. The 2 co managers were deservedly sacked after our pathetic collapse but did at least show something at points. 

Sheerin is without question our worst ever manager. And the only manager who has been labeled that.

You fellow fans beg to differ.

On 20/04/2021 at 21:07, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The whole things an embarrassing mate. We could argue all night about who’s the worst manager we’ve had but imo these two are the worst ever by a mile. A pair of clowns.

On 27/04/2019 at 10:22, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I didn’t want Hartley from the start. I’ve always thought he was an arrogant wee tramp.

He’s the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime, worse than Lambie imo, and fucked us over with awful signings like Dallison, ToE and Lewis.

People can say what they want about him doing well at Alloa, I don’t give a f**k about Alloa, I only care about Falkirk.

On 13/11/2019 at 19:16, FalkirkBairn93 said:

Ray McKinnon....

On 14/11/2019 at 16:45, bud1876 said:
On 13/11/2019 at 19:16, FalkirkBairn93 said:
Ray McKinnon....

Not even close.

On 19/11/2019 at 08:09, champions said:

From worst to best in my lifetime

Mckinnon, Bannon, lambie, hartley, may, pressley, holt, clarke, Lamont, duffy, totten, mccall, hughes, Jefferies. 

On 23/11/2019 at 23:33, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Ray McKinnon. He single handedly ruined my joy in watching Falkirk. He has no idea how to motivate and can't set up an attack minded team. A horror worse than Hartley

On 11/12/2019 at 13:02, MrDust said:

I actually hated Gerry Collins more, he stayed around like a bad smell when he shouldve been out also, at least Lambie knew it was time to walk.

Id have to say McKinnon as he has took my club to depths of despair, thinking/hoping we get beat that he maybe gone isnt really ideal

8 hours ago, strichener said:

You fellow fans beg to differ.

Mental that as time goes on, things that happen can affect the overall previous judgement of something.

Unless you are genuinely in here trying to make the point yhat we have already had our worst ever manager and now the only possible way is up? 

If so, thankyou for providing me with this renewed sense of optimism.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Mental that as time goes on, things that happen can affect the overall previous judgement of something.

Unless you are genuinely in here trying to make the point yhat we have already had our worst ever manager and now the only possible way is up? 

If so, thankyou for providing me with this renewed sense of optimism.

The point as you are well aware is that every current manager is your worst ever.

9 minutes ago, strichener said:

The point as you are well aware is that every current manager is your worst ever.

Fair play. To be fair though..a lot of those were 'worst manager in my lifetime'  or 'worst since I started watching Falkirk'

Sheerin is actually,  without a shadow of a doubt, the worst manager we've ever had. In 145 years. 

Mainly because he isn't one. It's a bit like debating who the worst James Bond would be..  and someone throws in James Corden into the debate 

On the plus side,  we literally cannot appoint a worse manager. It's not possible. Even if they go for Corrzo or some raffle amongst the fans. All other options will be better than Cones.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

2 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Fair play. To be fair though..a lot of those were 'worst manager in my lifetime'  or 'worst since I started watching Falkirk'

Sheerin is actually,  without a shadow of a doubt, the worst manager we've ever had. In 145 years. 

Mainly because he isn't one. It's a bit like debating who the worst James Bond would be..  and someone throws in James Corden into the debate 

On the plus side,  we literally cannot appoint a worse manager. It's not possible. Even if they go for Corrzo or some raffle amongst the fans. All other options will be better than Cones.

I'd argue that one Lambie springs to mind but your depending on what league we are in at the time and there are some that would argue Dave Clarke. Even somewhere in history folk would still bring up other managers in our history

11 minutes ago, strichener said:

I started going in 1978 and due to being really young, 4, when I started going, I’m to young to remember anything of Little or Hagart so if I count from Alex Totten’s first reign as manager, I’d say Sheerin is the worst manager I’ve seen at Falkirk.

Similar for me, GB, 1980. John Hagart I remember clearly. If we're not counting caretaker stints like Collins or Abel it would, sadly, have to be Sheerin.

I think there's a genuine shout for Lambie though. All right, it was the top flight, but what he did to that team... 😡

Sheerin has to be the worst on the basis of the level he is failing at, and also the mitigating factors for the unravelling for others. Not to absolve artley of blame but he wasnt FULLY responsible for the squad he ended up with, and had shown competence with other clubs, and in his first season. McKinnon had shown some degree of managerial competence elsewhere, inherited a pile of shite, and despite the fairly disastrous relegation finish for which he has to take a fair chunk of the blame, wasn't that far away from keeping us up. Of course, the results that DIDN'T go our way are largely on him, but he would argue that a dive at Palmerston undone him. He also flat-track bullied his way to a title with a QP side, and thi is the situation Sheerin finds himself in, showing himself to be incapable of even competing.

That leaves M&M. Totally lost by the end, but overseen something of a turnaround of McKinnons team, and again, were doing ok in the league in comparison to Sheerin now. A lot of people like to say McManus hid their deficiencies, but they get some credit for that considering McManus was poor under McKinnon and might even had gone back to RC. The rumours were around for that. Without Covid they MIGHT have delivered the title, they certainly had a decent shout at it, and would certainly have been in the playoffs competing. Thereafter, they pretty much lost the plot, but from then on it seems obvious they would point to Gary Holt. However, they led the league for most of the next season, and a fairly inexplicable dramatic post covid collapse done for them, with Holt being the man who failed to strengthen the squad, loaning in laddies whilst McCall took the chance to sort Partick out. 

In all, everyone else in our recent disastrous history has shown significantly more in terms of being able to put a team out than Sheerin, who is borderline out of the title reckoning by November. 

Sheerin is the worst of the modern era. You have to go back then to pre-Totten but at this point you are apples/oranges and my memory of  the Lambie, Bannon times are pretty sketchy, so im happy to call it for Sheerin. 

38 minutes ago, strichener said:

You make absolutely zero sense here. What on earth are you on about, look at the stats and league placings. Our last three managers HAVE been our worst ever managers, it’s not a matter of opinion just simple fact. We are at our lowest ebe in living memory and Sheerin has actually produced a poorer set of results than both McKinnon and M&M resulting in us being at our lowest ever standing within the league pyramid I can remember, despite the fact he has the largest budget, best facilities and has one of only two full time squads in the division. When you say “every manager is our worst ever manager” how far back are you going here? Does that mean we thought Hughes, Totten, McCall, Houston, Jeffries ect were terrible as well? 😂 Your digging yourself a hole with this nonsense 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Anyhoo, for the simple reason that we can't afford to pay Sheerin off, just promote Grainger and hope for the best. Hopefully he's as frustrated as the rest of us at the on going shitwittery and can do some sensible things to change it. 

On 28/11/2021 at 14:56, bejazz1 said:

The midfield although has skill has no dirtiness in it. We have no guts, strength or fight. Look at yesterdays midfield. Telfer, Morrison, McGuffie and Nisbett. 

IMO a manager who cannot get a tune out of they 4 in league one is not worth his salt unfortunately.