The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Possibly a bit premature but given all the talk of testing and isolating was just thinking about this highly infectious Omicron variant and wondering if the possibility might arise again of the season finishing early again?

Of course we are top of the league this time..

c630081bf829d98290a333eeb4317e8b.jpg

Ahh, wrong table…..

Get this chat squarely to f**k, please.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

We wouldn’t be a hire and fire outfit of the incompetent board hired a half decent manager in the first place. 

I’m hoping we are just biding our time until the new board is assembled to get rid of Holt and Sheerin. It’s then up to the board to appoint someone capable of doing the job. 

It isn't a single board though is it?  First it was the MSG (or something similar) who hired and fired and then there were board changes and you hired and fired.  Once again there are board changes and you are looking for hiring and firing anew.

Everytime I read about your new managers they are the worst in the history of the club.  Perhaps the problems run far deeper and a board change may pay dividends without the need to sack another manager.  

Get this chat squarely to f**k, please.

Why? Because there’s absolutely no chance of it having any impact on Scottish football anytime soon?
For a start if it’s more infectious there’s a high likelihood of players isolating and games getting cancelled. Also depending on the impact of vaccines we could still find sport being even more adversely impacted.
It’s not something anyone wants, but
Nobody knows anything for sure, but walking around in denial certainly isn’t the answer….

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why? Because there’s absolutely no chance of it having any impact on Scottish football anytime soon?
For a start if it’s more infectious there’s a high likelihood of players isolating and games getting cancelled. Also depending on the impact of vaccines we could still find sport being even more adversely impacted.
It’s not something anyone wants, but
Nobody knows anything for sure, but walking around in denial certainly isn’t the answer….

Covid thread. Goodbye.

Guest Ecosse83
19 minutes ago, strichener said:

It isn't a single board though is it?  First it was the MSG (or something similar) who hired and fired and then there were board changes and you hired and fired.  Once again there are board changes and you are looking for hiring and firing anew.

Everytime I read about your new managers they are the worst in the history of the club.  Perhaps the problems run far deeper and a board change may pay dividends without the need to sack another manager.  

Watch a few games and you will see where we are coming from with Sheerin 😂

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

His tactics are woeful and he can’t change it. We create zero but all he talks about is defending better. I actually feel for him becuase he seems a thoroughly decent guy but that’s not enough to remain in the job. Sadly he’s massively out depth and he actually knows it! 

I find it intriguing that there are posters on here who consistently refer to our current managerial incumbent as a “nice/decent guy”. Now whilst I’ve nothing personal against PS I so think there is some validity in considering the following:

1. would a nice guy not do the honourable thing & resign from posy given the abject failure of a season under his tenure?

2. would a nice guy not be so stubborn in persisting with inflexible tactics that are patently not successful?

3. would a nice guy keep exposing a raw youngster to constant scrutiny & often the associated vitriolic criticism?

Us being a "hire and fire" outfit isn't going to put any manager off as every half-decent manager I've ever seen has an ego the size of a country and believes they are going to be the ones to succeed. Anybody put off at the thought of being fired for failure is a good thing. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Is he hinestly not fucking gone yet?

Aye, allowing him and Holt to stay for these 2 league games will be the fitting, shitey footnote to Deans’s tenure. 

Feck me I bet the players taking themselves could muster a point or 3 out of these 2 games, nout with Sheerin and Holt running it though. 

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

I find it intriguing that there are posters on here who consistently refer to our current managerial incumbent as a “nice/decent guy”. Now whilst I’ve nothing personal against PS I so think there is some validity in considering the following:

1. would a nice guy not do the honourable thing & resign from posy given the abject failure of a season under his tenure?

2. would a nice guy not be so stubborn in persisting with inflexible tactics that are patently not successful?

3. would a nice guy keep exposing a raw youngster to constant scrutiny & often the associated vitriolic criticism?

He's a decent bloke but not stupid. He's not going to give up a wage and payoff by resigning from his post. Solskjaer kept on going on about how he loved man u but still waited till he was sacked so he could get his 7.5 million quid payoff.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

He's a decent bloke but not stupid. He's not going to give up a wage and payoff by resigning from his post. Solskjaer kept on going on about how he loved man u but still waited till he was sacked so he could get his 7.5 million quid payoff.

Football one of the few jobs that if you are shite at your job you get a payout when you are punted.

Are you seriously suggesting he shouldn’t pick up the £7.5M due to him because he is still a fan of the club?…

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He'll also be extremely lucky to get another managers job unless it's at a lower level than us and he probably knows it himself. 

22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Are you seriously suggesting he shouldn’t pick up the £7.5M due to him because he is still a fan of the club?…

No surely the fact I'm replying to kircer bairns post pointing out the fact that expecting sheerin to resign and give up a payoff simply because he's a nice guy is plainly ludicrous .  I would be shocked if anyone did that whether a big fan of the club or not.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

This is nonsense. No one referred to McKinnon, Hartley or even Dumb and Dumber as the worst managers in our history.

The first two were actual football managers of some pedigree. The 2 co managers were deservedly sacked after our pathetic collapse but did at least show something at points. 

Sheerin is without question our worst ever manager. And the only manager who has been labeled that.