The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Or we could just simply stop speculating coming up with the same names and depressing ourselves (even more) once the job DOES come up open it up to applications and see who applies.

Pointless speculation on a football forum…

…surely not.

Reading Martin Ritchies book relating his boardroom experiences and it certainly answers a lot of the questions which keep coming up on here. Didn’t realise that Gary Deans was heavily involved in the split up of the stadium company back to the Council and FFC.

Regarding NeilMcCann, apparently he cost us a bomb in a pay- off to end his time with us.

MR is also scathing about Hughes.

Not finished yet but a very good read.

38 minutes ago, strichener said:

You guys still shouting for McKinnon's, Miller & McCracken, Sheerin's head.  I guess there is hope that you might stumble on the right guy if you empty them every season or so.  It does however appear to be déjà vu every time I visit this thread.

Hard to argue with that, except that each of these names mentioned have proven to be not up to the job. 

When Sheerin was appointed I came on here and said we should give him a chance, and that is it all went wrong we would need to look at both him and Gary Holt (especially Holt). On Holt, his job is to give Sheerin the tools to do the job. He has utterly failed to do that and signed people not good enough for this league/club.

So Sheerin is working with one hand tied behind his back. trouble is, he's acting like he has both hands tied behind his back and not using the (limited) squad we have to its potential. A good coach can make a bad squad better through good organisation, man-management and development. No evidence of any of this at present.

16 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Houston was retiring at the end of the season he got the bullet and that was 5 years ago.  He's the assistant manager of the Scotland u21s and I very much doubt he has any interest in being a manager at club level ever again. 

Houstie is yesterdays man a Falkirk Great as a player and the last manager that gave us good times and my goodness did he not put a team on the park that did the business.

As for a new manager ? not one individual of the caliber required will touch us and rightly so with our track record and sacking Sheerin just reinforces that mindset.

12 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

On Scotland Football Sow before Off the Ball on Saturday Lee Miller one of the guests commented the Gary Holt being involved at team talks did not help the management team and certainly not the players.

Would not be surprised if we are seeing again the Gary Holt effect. 

To be fair to Gary Holt, he would probably have attended team talks in order to get familiar with the player’s names before suiting up in order to take on the “near impossible two point challenge” remit from the Chairman.

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Houstie is yesterdays man a Falkirk Great as a player and the last manager that gave us good times and my goodness did he not put a team on the park that did the business.

As for a new manager ? not one individual of the caliber required will touch us and rightly so with our track record and sacking Sheerin just reinforces that mindset.

Can you tell me one individual that is of the calibre, regardless of if they would touch falkirk or not, because all i've seen from people on here is people get their past successes rubbished. Theirs managers at the top level like mourinho who have had great successes at porto, chelsea and inter. Struggled 2nd stint at Chelsea, struggled at Man utd in the league and Tottenham.

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So winning under 17s title with st johnstone. League 2 with arbroath and under 20s league with Aberdeen. How is that not a success 

I’m judging him in the present and trust me the present is abysmal! 

19 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

So winning under 17s title with st johnstone. League 2 with arbroath and under 20s league with Aberdeen. How is that not a success 

He has absolutely no experience of managing a full-time squad of men.

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

More so than at any time in our recent past, a replacement for Sheerin really is hypothetical. Mr Deans, Gordon Colborn and the Rawlins won’t be making any decisions from this point forward.

From next week, the PR guy and Gordon Wright are the remnants of the current crew, and “off the record” one of them might be about to stand down……..honest guv, not a word of a lie.

The two new guys coming in have a huge task on their hands from trying to understand what it is going to take to get the footballing side back on track (not going to be as simple as dumping Sheerin and Holt). Then they have to deal with the structure of the Board itself including the appointment of a competent Chairman. On top of that, there will be a major task in clearing out the in-house hangers on.

Then there is the rebuilding of bridges between the club and supporters and businesses. I am sure the new people are going to find many things under many rocks. Then there is the ever growing off field infrastructure which as recently as the last few weeks is employing yet more people into freshly created roles.

Its going to be a thankless wading through all of that stuff, and I would imagine just about all of it is dysfunctional.

There are 4 coming in. 2 representing the Patrons and 2 the FSS

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Or we could just simply stop speculating coming up with the same names and depressing ourselves (even more) once the job DOES come up open it up to applications and see who applies.

It doesn't matter who applies. We usually try embarrassingly to tap up a completely different candidate who publicly rejects us making a mockery of the whole process.

Do folk genuinely think we should keep an absolutely hapless manager just because our last few have proved to be almost as hapless?

Yep there are genuinely some idiots in our support that still think like that. Absolutely mental.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Do folk genuinely think we should keep an absolutely hapless manager just because our last few have proved to be almost as hapless?

Appears so. Some sort of bizarre clownery that thinks we are wrong to sack the worst manager in our entire history because...erm.. it will show that we sack managers.

3 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Would be amazed if McInnes wanted to give up his cushty job on BT Sport to work with Gary Holt and our merry band of jobbers 😁

Even if he wasn't being a pundit, it's highly unlikely he would drop to the 3rd tier.