The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
34 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

At a lower level admittedly, but Sheerin has more experience as a manager than Holt.

Remember when we had a guy working at our club who had 20 years managerial experience who was highly respected in the game and all we used him for was to sell hospitality? 

Guest Ecosse83
19 minutes ago, Russ said:

Based on what though? Even Sheerin would be skooshing League 2 with that Kelty squad.

Very good reputation as a good young coach even before he took the Kelly job. 

21 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Very good reputation as a good young coach even before he took the Kelly job. 

He has got a very good reputation as a good young coach however, and I’m not saying it’s not merited, he is very active in the predominantly West Coast Scottish media therefore has cleverly built up a huge number of advocates amongst his stakeholders. He also has the advantage on an Old Firm link and as you know that’s invaluable in Scotland.

So, another Monday where the worst manager in our history somehow,  incredibly, remains in place after a humiliation at the weekend.
What's even the point any more. 
And it's not his fault either. He's just absolutely inept. He didn't appoint himself and I don't expect him to resign. Must actually be really difficult to come to work every day and try and do a job you have no skills for. Be like asking Boris to do open heart surgery.

Or Boris to be a Prime Minister?

I've said previously that we need to go for an experienced, older manager with knowledge of the Scottish game but having had a look at who is currently available on transfermarkt that depressed me greatly. So, how about a name that always seems to get a mention whenever we are looking for a new manager - Martin Rennie? He's been without a club since June of this year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/0/plus/0/galerie/0?land_id=190&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&punkteschnitt=0+-+3&filtern_nach_punkteschnitt=0%3B3&0=0&3=3&spielklasse=0&plus=0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Rennie_(football_manager)

Edited by Bairn in Exile

34 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I've said previously that we need to go for an experienced, older manager with knowledge of the Scottish game but having had a look at who is currently available on transfermarkt that depressed me greatly. So, how about a name that always seems to get a mention whenever we are looking for a new manager - Martin Rennie? He's been without a club since June of this year.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik/0/plus/0/galerie/0?land_id=190&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&punkteschnitt=0+-+3&filtern_nach_punkteschnitt=0%3B3&0=0&3=3&spielklasse=0&plus=0

Or we could just simply stop speculating coming up with the same names and depressing ourselves (even more) once the job DOES come up open it up to applications and see who applies.

Probably wouldn’t be popular choice, but I actually think Neil McCann may not be a bad choice. He seemed to get something out of ICT and that’s the sort of something we are looking for with our current bunch of alleged players…..

More so than at any time in our recent past, a replacement for Sheerin really is hypothetical. Mr Deans, Gordon Colborn and the Rawlins won’t be making any decisions from this point forward.

From next week, the PR guy and Gordon Wright are the remnants of the current crew, and “off the record” one of them might be about to stand down……..honest guv, not a word of a lie.

The two new guys coming in have a huge task on their hands from trying to understand what it is going to take to get the footballing side back on track (not going to be as simple as dumping Sheerin and Holt). Then they have to deal with the structure of the Board itself including the appointment of a competent Chairman. On top of that, there will be a major task in clearing out the in-house hangers on.

Then there is the rebuilding of bridges between the club and supporters and businesses. I am sure the new people are going to find many things under many rocks. Then there is the ever growing off field infrastructure which as recently as the last few weeks is employing yet more people into freshly created roles.

Its going to be a thankless wading through all of that stuff, and I would imagine just about all of it is dysfunctional.

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Probably wouldn’t be popular choice, but I actually think Neil McCann may not be a bad choice. He seemed to get something out of ICT and that’s the sort of something we are looking for with our current bunch of alleged players…..

McCann got a similar bounce effect initially at Dundee and kept them up against the odds. Both his spells at Inverness and Dundee would suggest in the short term he might actually be a good shout just to get us challenging and going again, I’m not totally against the idea of appointing him. We are not in a place to be making long term plans, we simply need to get out of this league by hook or by crook before we start talking about “projects” if McCann can achieve that new manager bounce type effect and get us out the league we could then look to tie him down permanently. I like the idea of him until the end of the season and then we review everything. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

McCann got a similar bounce effect initially at Dundee and kept them up against the odds. Both his spells at Inverness and Dundee would suggest in the short term he might actually be a good shout just to get us challenging and going again, I’m not totally against the idea of appointing him. We are not in a place to be making long term plans, we simply need to get out of this league by hook or by crook before we start talking about “projects” if McCann can achieve that new manager bounce type effect and get us out the league we could then look to tie him down permanently. I like the idea of him until the end of the season and then we review everything. 

Problem is, he left ICT reluctantly to take up a football agency role he’d previously accepted, so I don’t think he’s available.
He’d probably have some great contacts too, particularly from that role as well as his profile.
Sadly, probably wouldn’t happen…..

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He has got a very good reputation as a good young coach however, and I’m not saying it’s not merited, he is very active in the predominantly West Coast Scottish media therefore has cleverly built up a huge number of advocates amongst his stakeholders. He also has the advantage on an Old Firm link and as you know that’s invaluable in Scotland.

😂

Great justification. At least come up with a viable reason why not? We are not exactly in a great position to pick and choose just now you know…..

You can also get your patronising shite to f**k.

After the way he went about engineering his move out the club when he was a player, his personality quite consistently clashing with players and his poorly balanced squads he managed to built it’s a massive no from me.