The Falkirk FC Thread

The list of names was so bad last time that Sheerin felt like the least bad option. 

It’s only going to be the same this time.

In which case, Darren Young? If not, suggest a better name that we could get. I’m not having Rice. His off field problems coupled with our basket case club spells trouble to me 

Why not? If the money is right?

Because we’re a dogshit League 1 team with f**k all going for us. Absolutely nothing appealing about us at all.

Also he’s done a great job at Inverness, he stays up there, he had a period of ill health so he’s moved into a director of football role. Why would he want to give all that up and relocate his family to be a part of our shite?

The list of names was so bad last time that Sheerin felt like the least bad option. 
In which case, Darren Young? If not, suggest a better name that we could get. I’m not having Rice. His off field problems coupled with our basket case club spells trouble to me 

Why do we need to suggest a better name? Why can’t we just sack our incompetent manager, invite applicants and appoint the best candidate?

Never understood this need for fans to suggest someone better.

Because we’re a dogshit League 1 team with f**k all going for us. Absolutely nothing appealing about us at all.

Also he’s done a great job at Inverness, he stays up there, he had a period of ill health so he’s moved into a director of football role. Why would he want to give all that up and relocate his family to be a part of our shite?

Didn’t realise he was DOF up there and last he heard he wanted to be back down here

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

A few outsiders Gary Naysmith? Been at Queen of the South at Edinburgh City just now. Gary Irvine doing a good job at Forfar. Young manager. David Hopkin out of work

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

Because otherwise criticism of the appointment, if it goes wrong, is pure hindsight and for me isn’t credible, when no alternative is offered. 

I’m not saying Sheerin’s time isn’t up. But I think any grown up discussion about who is best to replace him requires names, otherwise it just becomes a list of qualities we all want but don’t actually exist in any candidate 

Because otherwise criticism of the appointment, if it goes wrong, is pure hindsight and for me isn’t credible, when no alternative is offered. 
I’m not saying Sheerin’s time isn’t up. But I think any grown up discussion about who is best to replace him requires names, otherwise it just becomes a list of qualities we all want but don’t actually exist in any candidate 

Nah think that’s a lot of shite man. We have no idea aside from the usual names who would apply for it or if there’s anyone who’d apply for it that we wouldn’t think about.

The only way you can talk about names like that are if you can know the actual shortlist and who applied and we never will otherwise it’s just meaningless names plucked out of thin air.

Nah think that’s a lot of shite man. We have no idea aside from the usual names who would apply for it or if there’s anyone who’d apply for it that we wouldn’t think about.

The only way you can talk about names like that are if you can know the actual shortlist and who applied and we never will otherwise it’s just meaningless names plucked out of thin air.
Yeah. Someone who applied would be a football manager rather than whatever Sheerin is, which would set them up to be an improvement right off the bat.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think centre half's across the board are getting fewer and fewer that's why you are getting quoted 5k for centre half's even at camelons level so Dare not ask what teams would be asking in league 1 and championship. 

Hardy midfield players seem to be getting fewer aswell. I think a lot of it stems for the way things are done at a young level. It's all passing and too much uncompetitive so the players that have been coming through are a different bread from 10 years ago.

No matter what way you slice that comment up you are correct.