The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The thing is it really shouldn't be that big a gamble at all for us. We're looking for a manager that can win the league with the biggest side by a mile in the league, the one with comfortably the biggest budget and facilities. He doesn't need to be an over achiever at this stage he just needs to meet the expectations the clubs size and finances produce. It should be a lot harder for the other 9 teams to find a manager to win them the league than us FFS.  Our boy doesn't have to do a ranieri with Leicester.  It's beyond belief that we can't find someone competent to win us the league given all the advantages they start of

But it is difficult to build a team from scratch. If u had a core squad that you had something from to build from. Every player you have gets slated on here other than morrison. 

Being solid at the back and able to grind our results by getting down and dirty is what's going to get a team out of the league.

But it is difficult to build a team from scratch. If u had a core squad that you had something from to build from. Every player you have gets slated on here other than morrison. 

Being solid at the back and able to grind our results by getting down and dirty is what's going to get a team out of the league.
This team is delivering less than the sum of its parts, regardless of whether it looks objectively like a league winning squad or not.

Its weak up top and in the centre of defence, but this squad should be capable of winning most weeks. The league is full of utter shite. The point is, no one is having to do anything clever to beat us, because our manager is not capable of instilling a coherent style or any intent whatsoever either in attack or defence.

Just like the match thread yestersay im afraid this is a "take our word for it" scenario.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The thing is it really shouldn't be that big a gamble at all for us. We're looking for a manager that can win the league with the biggest side by a mile in the league, the one with comfortably the biggest budget and facilities. He doesn't need to be an over achiever at this stage he just needs to meet the expectations the clubs size and finances produce. It should be a lot harder for the other 9 teams to find a manager to win them the league than us FFS.  Our boy doesn't have to do a Ranieri with Leicester.  It's beyond belief that we can't find someone competent to win us the league given all the advantages they start off.

Indeed.

We really only need a Deila with Celtic.

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Remember when we used to have Scottish Cup runs? Remember when we used to get to finals .....not that long ago.

But a conveyor belt of incompetent deluded power mad fools who think they know how to run a football club have run us into the ground and we can't even compete with an average Raith Rovers side in a one off cup tie.

Most commentators and observers think we're better than average

24 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It's the spine of our side that's the problem.  A decent centreback, midfielder and striker then you have players that are capable enough to play around them. The two fullbacks are fine and Dixon is ok. Telfer disappears too much but if he had a good hard midfielder beside him he'd be more consistent. Morrison is decent and okay you would probably want a better left winger but there is a basis there.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's the spine of our side that's the problem.  A decent centreback, midfielder and striker then you have players that are capable enough to play around them. The two fullbacks are fine and Dixon is ok. Telfer disappears too much but if he had a good hard midfielder beside him he'd be more consistent. Morrison is decent and okay you would probably want a better left winger but there is a basis there.

I think centre half's across the board are getting fewer and fewer that's why you are getting quoted 5k for centre half's even at camelons level so Dare not ask what teams would be asking in league 1 and championship. 

Hardy midfield players seem to be getting fewer aswell. I think a lot of it stems for the way things are done at a young level. It's all passing and too much uncompetitive so the players that have been coming through are a different bread from 10 years ago.

19 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Hardy midfield players seem to be getting fewer aswell. I think a lot of it stems for the way things are done at a young level. It's all passing and too much uncompetitive so the players that have been coming through are a different bread from 10 years ago.

They've still got to earn a crust.

57 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think centre half's across the board are getting fewer and fewer that's why you are getting quoted 5k for centre half's even at camelons level so Dare not ask what teams would be asking in league 1 and championship. 

Crumbs !

Brian Rice is a non-starter.  I believe it has been reported a number of times he is fighting a significant gambling problem which has interfered with his job in the recent past.  Don't get me wrong, many of us have significant problems in one way or another, including me, but I am not looking to manage an organisation in a high pressure environment.  Time to put his name to bed as an option for us and wish him the best for the future.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

I’m pretty sure we’d be willing to pay teams well in excess of 5k if they wanted to take Ben Hall or Brad McKay from us.

I think some people in our club must be blind. It is plain obvious to me that as many have suggested on here the spine is the problem.
Most of our leaked goals stem from central defence.
The midfield although has skill has no dirtiness in it. We have no guts, strength or fight. Look at yesterdays midfield. Telfer, Morrison, McGuffie and Nisbett. Who is going to win the fighting ground only having Hetherington in there to combat the opposition
Up front. It’s again glaring that Ruth has not developed enough and is not physical and robust to cope with tall uncompromising defenders and Kenna?
If there was a league table for passing sideways we would be top. But a team that lacks a cutting edge has no chance.
What we need is a charismatic leader who can through his reputation encourage players to come to us. Forget about all this hierarchy nonsense and throw every are being promoted

We have been a laughing stalk far too long. It’s time for serious change…again

Brian Rice is a non-starter.  I believe it has been reported a number of times he is fighting a significant gambling problem which has interfered with his job in the recent past.  Don't get me wrong, many of us have significant problems in one way or another, including me, but I am not looking to manage an organisation in a high pressure environment.  Time to put his name to bed as an option for us and wish him the best for the future.
Think we should let him be the judge of that tbh.

We really don’t need a Director of Football / Sporting Director so this role should be made redundant.

Cheerio Gary Holt.

Our Manager after a promising start now is clearly out of his depth and appears to be showing signs of stress if his concerning interviews are an accurate reflection of his mindset.

The club may well be doing him a favour by moving him on.

Cheerio Paul Sheerin.

Brian Rice is not the man for me, very modest managerial career and unfortunately has off field baggage.

It won’t happen but I would go for John Robertson, experienced, pretty successful and a decent profile within the game.