The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts

Too deflated of late to be bothered venting my spleen but agree with most of what has been said by Honk, BPM, Harry Kinnear and others. 

The sooner the new board is in the better.

Also not thanks to Rice. Sentiment can’t play a part in the new appointment and if not for his connection to the club there’s no chance anyone would be wanting him in. Still a Falkirk legend though. 

Dumbarton scrape past sauchie with 2 goals in injury time and Clyde and east Fife  lose to Clydebank and banks of Dee respectively and yet some folk were salivating after we beat the pair of them recently.  Sums up the standard of this league too. We're mediocre pish  in a really shite league. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If any of the future BoD and/or current read the COYB fb page, ffs please dont go for any of those suggestions for a next manager advertise the job and go for best of who applies we've done the suggestions and past players route neither worked.

Once the new board is in situ it is vital that on day one they dispense with the services of both Holt and Sheerin. No point in bringing in a new broom and additional investment monies and then carrying on as before otherwise what’s the point? We cannot trust Holt and Sheerin to spend these new monies wisely; their track record proves that that is beyond them. You gets what you pay for in life as has been amply demonstrated by the performances of both Holt and Sheerin; we paid peanuts and got monkeys.

I have been shot down in flames before for saying that we don’t need a DOF / SD but in League 1 we really don’t. Jamie Sweeney has since been recruited and has the fancy new title of CEO, should part of his remit not be to oversee the spending of money and therefore getting involved in players contracts etc.? The new manager can advise Sweeney of his signing targets and then the CEO can take it from there. Sweeney can’t possibly do any worse in contract negotiations than Holt, surely?

Combine Holt and Sheerin’s salary and get somebody decent in as manager, somebody with a bit of gravitas who will encourage and enthuse players to come to TFS. If we continue with things as is, paying crap money for 2 posts, even with different people in Holt and Sheerin’s roles, we’ll still be in League 1 five years from now - unless we are League 2 or worse that is. No SD and one really good manager for me please.

P.S. It’s a no from me to Brian Rice, sorry.

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

The Raith winner is almost identical to Alloa’s equaliser the other week. Can’t defend the long ball and then Miller completely gets done by Ross.

Dixon should be winning the first header to start with. Its a piss poor challenge from a so called centre half. Then miller just sells the jerseys. Not even sure the Raith boy can believe his luck that he gets in clean through and it's a good finish. How often does miller have to sell the jerseys before he gets horsed though FFS. He's finished and should be nowhere near the bloody side. Get him to help sheerin stick the cones out and that's it.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Once the new board is in situ it is vital that on day one they dispense with the services of both Holt and Sheerin. No point in bringing in a new broom and additional investment monies and then carrying on as before otherwise what’s the point? We cannot trust Holt and Sheerin to spend these new monies wisely; their track record proves that that is beyond them. You gets what you pay for in life as has been amply demonstrated by the performances of both Holt and Sheerin; we paid peanuts and got monkeys.

I have been shot down in flames before for saying that we don’t need a DOF / SD but in League 1 we really don’t. Jamie Sweeney has since been recruited and has the fancy new title of CEO, should part of his remit not be to oversee the spending of money and therefore getting involved in players contracts etc.? The new manager can advise Sweeney of his signing targets and then the CEO can take it from there. Sweeney can’t possibly do any worse in contract negotiations than Holt, surely?

Combine Holt and Sheerin’s salary and get somebody decent in as manager, somebody with a bit of gravitas who will encourage and enthuse players to come to TFS. If we continue with things as is, paying crap money for 2 posts, even with different people in Holt and Sheerin’s roles, we’ll still be in League 1 five years from now - unless we are League 2 or worse that is. No SD and one really good manager for me please.

P.S. It’s a no from me to Brian Rice, sorry.

Whole footballing department needs binned. Coaches , corzo with his bloody iPad the lot. Clean sweep with not a single man left.

Theres no way people are saying that given a choice to sack Sheerin but only if it meant getting Brian Rice, they wouldnt do it?

Surely?

Brian Rice has managed professional football teams. We have a manager who quite literally watches the same thing happen every week and goes out again with the same system, same players, same shite. He is incapable of doing..... Anything.

I cant believe what im reading if folk wouldnt snap your arm off to get Rice in now. If Sheerin gets the season, we are reliant on others being worse to prevent relegation.

Guest Back Post Misses
26 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Even if they presented us with a proper, progressive business plan with achievable milestones set out so we at least had an idea of the direction we are going in.

I am sure there will be a plan and clearly communicated. 

I am sure there will be a plan and clearly communicated. 
Yeah, I dont know anyone involved, but one advantage they have is that the mistakes they have to pre emptively learn from before getting involved are such glaringly obvious, lit up in a big neon sign of ineptitude and disdain ones that you really couldnt possibly fail to improve it on day 1.

For day 1 improvement, just dont be an utter w**k to the fans and you are already making progress.

And in the afternoon, get Holt and Sheerin all the way to f**k before telling them f**k off.

Theres no way people are saying that given a choice to sack Sheerin but only if it meant getting Brian Rice, they wouldnt do it?

Surely?

Brian Rice has managed professional football teams. We have a manager who quite literally watches the same thing happen every week and goes out again with the same system, same players, same shite. He is incapable of doing..... Anything.

I cant believe what im reading if folk wouldnt snap your arm off to get Rice in now. If Sheerin gets the season, we are reliant on others being worse to prevent relegation.

So we should snap your arm off to get a manager, because… he’s been a manager before? I know we are at a low ebb but that criteria alone is dangerous.

Like Shadwell, I don’t think he’s solely to blame for what happened at Hamilton, but has done nothing there to suggest to me it would be a success.

If he wasn’t ex Falkirk, nobody would mention him.

And before you ask, no, I’ve not got an alternative at the moment, but like the vast majority, want Sheerin and Holt out.

We’ve tried experienced and inexperienced managers in the last 4 years, none of which have worked. However, going off previous League One winners recently in McCall, McGlynn, Campbell, may suggest a rookie isn’t what we need, but who knows?

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Would you bin Ian Fergus?

The YD quality is being massively over stated how good it is IMO. We’re are playing at a level below professional standard. 

I am not saying there maybe one or two nuggets in there but it certainly isn’t anything like the level it was before the Academy closure. 

I would like to see the club being honest about this. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, Trump said:

So we should snap your arm off to get a manager, because… he’s been a manager before? I know we are at a low ebb but that criteria alone is dangerous.

Like Shadwell, I don’t think he’s solely to blame for what happened at Hamilton, but has done nothing there to suggest to me it would be a success.

And before you ask, no, I’ve not got an alternative at the moment, but like the vast majority, want Sheerin and Holt out.

We’ve tried experienced and inexperienced managers in the last 4 years, none of which have worked. However, going off previous League One winners recently in McCall, McGlynn, Campbell, may suggest a rookie isn’t what we need, but who knows?

I agree it is not a job for a rookie. 

Well, I should have added that this factor makes him orders of magnitude better than Paul Sheerin who is going to sleepwalk us into a "who is shiter" contest witg East Fife and Clyde.

We need to do something. This manager is just doing the exact same stuff, week in week out. We need to take someone who knows what to tell these players to do and gwt some thing out of them or we are in deep shit.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Surely?

How many times has Rice cost Hamilton in regards to fines over comments made about referees etc, and no being funny but he is hardly top end of the premiership when he was managing accies, they've been in a relegation scrap nearly every year which was going to come to an end at some point by relegation.  Its no just a couple of hundred pounds that they got fined it was thousands (the whole point is trying to stop p*ssing money up against the wall).  Plus he has his off field baggage as well (again not putting the guy down for that one as it can happy to anyone but but end up with a Saturday he isn't in the dug out (because of x, y or z happening)

The other thing is I mentioned previously i still think Holt has his oar in the playing side and he is telling Sheerin to stick with it it will pay off and Sheerin has no option as basically GH is his boss anyway.

Edited by AL-FFC

Rice is a big no for me. I definitely don’t have any names I’d like to see in now that Yogi is gone. Only thing I’m certain if is that it has to be someone with experience. As much as he was a totally idiot of a man, Hartley was the best tactician we’ve had since Houston. He just shouldn’t have gone daft with that super scout. Im sure I heard on a podcast not long ago (maybe Mark Kerr) and he said he couldn’t believe we didn’t take Jim McIntyre