The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Yeah he did. I was gobsmacked when I heard it. Put him out his misery now. 

Just listened to it - that’s a disgrace. He’ll surely be asked to go now. Saying that, he clearly doesn’t think he’s up to it. 

Sheerin does seem like a decent fella but he’s just out of his depth.

What I will say, and I’m not defending Sheerin, but he’s been heavily disadvantaged by working with that w****r Holt. Holt comes across as a right nasty piece of work.

If Sheerin does go, Holt also needs to go or we will just have the same problem with our next manager. 

His answer to everything is that we'll go away and work hard.  That's not made any difference for the last couple of months so chances are it won't suddenly produce miracles FFS. He still trust the players totally. Why? What the feck have they done to deserve any trust. Stop defending the spineless gits no matter how shite they are.

50 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Can only echo pretty much everything that is being said. Been going 30+ years and this is easily the lowest it has been, on and off the pitch.  Difficult to think of a single redeeming feature in the current situation. The club is thoroughly unlikeable at every level. The saddest thing of all is that, outside of the fanbase, no-one appears to give a single flying feck. Who within the club is looking at results, performances, league position, home form, our pathetic inability to beat anyone above the level of a  Clyde/Dumbarton, the apathy amongst the support, the abysmal treatment of the support, falling attendances and saying "Nah, this is a million miles away from being good enough" My bet is absolutely no-one. A slow, lingering, death-by-a-thousand-cuts existence that has been building for years. Can only hope that, at some point, people who actually want to restore the club to some form of respectability on and off the pitch get in, but that still seems some way off unfortunately. This is f*****g tragic.

I don’t think it’s a long way off. Deans gone, Colborn gone (for me, he was set up to fail at the Q&A), and the Rawlins stepping down due to not wanting to be associated with our Board any longer. KJ and KG onto the Board…….that alone is a major upgrade on what they are replacing. Hopefully more to go, and FSS to come.

We’re poor at the back and absolutely toothless up front and will be mid table at best unless we have yet another January clear out. 

How Ben Hall is not only still at the club but in the starting 11 every week is beyond me. I’d far rather have Mackenzie Lemon who is raw but has potential in there.

McCann was taken to the cleaners, Nesbitt yet again did nothing and I can’t see what Mcguffie brings to the team at all.

That’s before you even get to the situation upfront- Ruth ineffective again and I’m not sure that Keena actually touched the ball when he came on.

Sheerin absolutely has to go but I’m not convinced that another manager would do much better with the squad we’ve got.

20 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Next Saturday is going to be some laugh with two teams trying to out shite each other with their out of their depth managers. 

If Falkirk can win a corner in the match then that pretty much guarantees a goal 

Can you make it a bit easier than that please? Give us a chance.

Guest Back Post Misses

This is going to take some rebuilding. The core of that business is 3-5 on a Saturday and it is a mess. Big job ahead for the new Board. They are going to need everyone’s support especially short term 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

This is going to take some rebuilding. The core of that business is 3-5 on a Saturday and it is a mess. Big job ahead for the new Board. They are going to need everyone’s support especially short term 

Whatever your involvement, please push for the removal of Holt. He has been a poisonous influence since his arrival, and whatever downward trajectory we were on before has been accelerated by his presence.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

To gain that support the new board need to be decisive from the outset.

A huge statement of intent would be the immediate removal of Holt and Sheerin followed up with cleaning out the behind the scenes hangers on.

Only positive from today was Williamson and his link up with Morrison such a difference with a right back giving Morrison options and helping out, hope the knock wasn't to bad. Apart from that, we're toothless up front and easy to cut through at the back. All we can do is hope the changes in the background help drive forward the changes needed in the team and it's management. There's definitely a core in our team to build upon.