The Falkirk FC Thread

Yet another fucking pathetic performance under the boys coach. It’s almost impressive just how absolutely ganting we are and how far out his depth he is. Playing 70 minutes against a team with 10 men and we manage 1 shot on target, concede 2 soft as shite goals and produce a mind numbingly boring ‘style’ of football. Again he also showed us that he has no idea how to influence or change a game with that bewildering final sub. We must’ve had 60/70% of the ball in that second half and we were just going side to side very slowly before crossing the ball to Christophe Berra and then repeating it over and over again.

We’ve got a squad full of utter shitebags and jobbers. Very, very few get close to pass marks. Ruth getting the full game again was fucking ridiculous considering his pathetic performance, Aiden Nesbitt absolutely shite again, McGuffie brings nothing. Could go through the full squad tbh.

We started the second half very well. Should have went in front when we were on top but it fizzled out into a half where it was us just trying to break them down. We literally only had to defend one real attack second half and still couldn’t do it. Dixon wasn’t great today but Ben Hall is, by some considerable distance, the worst defender at the club. Its clear as day that we are only delaying the inevitable by keeping Sheerin any longer as his sacking will come at some point. However, Holt must go for his terrible recruitment. 

He’s not though. Brad McKay is worse.

That is not me praising or rating Ben Hall in any way shape or form. He’s rancid. But shows how spectacularly shite our recruitment is when we’ve managed to bring in a defender that is actually considerably worse than him.

Just now, Russ said:

He’s not though. Brad McKay is worse.

That is not me praising or rating Ben Hall in any way shape or form. He’s rancid. But shows how spectacularly shite our recruitment is when we’ve managed to bring in a defender that is actually considerably worse than him.

...and given him a three year deal!! Mckay must have thought all his Christmases had come at once. 

How bad did Williamson's injury look? 
Getting increasingly hard to justify that he was a better option than Mercer if he never fucking plays. 

Seemed like a muscular injury but he was on the bike for a good 10 minutes after he went off so unsure how serious it could be.

Truly bewildering how far we have fallen in such a short period.

Genuinely feel that this is the worst team and manager that the club have had in my 53 years of following the Bairns.

Incompetence is the only word to describe the actions of the BoD and major shareholders in recent years.

Just get him to f**k the now and get it over with.

Never a manager in a million years. Utterly clueless.

Holt to follow him out the door as he’s just as out of his depth as “Sporting Director”.

Genuinely unbelievable that these two have the positions they hold at the club.

Wow couldn’t believe the  difference in the Falkirk support today ! For me Tumilty sending off changed the game from a Rovers perspective total change of game plan after that  but Falkirk created one decent chance which cracked off the post first half then in the second half a save from MacDonald from a deflective rovers defenders header but to continually punt the high ball in the box that’s meat and veg for Berra and Lang. Excellent piece of skill from Ross for the second goal so happy days into the next round but what I’ve seen of Falkirk your miles a away but I like the boy Morrison my MOTM

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

There are 3 things I took away from the game today :-

1. Apathy has set in with the fans. The attendance from our support today for a Scottish cup fixture against Raith at home was appalling.

2. Williamson is made of glass

3. Sheerin does not have a clue. As soon as he took McCann off, I said to my mate they would score coming down the left channel.  What was that substitution all about ? Unless he was injured , it must have been tactical. Bringing on Keena and leaving the defence exposed with Dixon, Hall and Miller in place was just madness. It was almost as though he wanted to lose the match. 

It was absolutely the correct decision by Sheerin to go to a back 3. Problem is, he should have done it before the start of the fucking game!!

Surely leaving a winger on to play as a wing-back is a better idea than leaving on our best LWB, who was probably our best player today? Well, not really Paul.

I felt that Telfer and Nesbitt were poor today and Ruth was completely ineffective up there on his own. Williamson looks a class act and the goal was so simple; get in behind the defence and pick someone out. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again this season though as I don't think I've ever seen a more injury prone player!!

I don't agree with the majority on here who say that we have a shite squad. We do indeed have some shite players in it, Hall, McKay, Hetherington spring to mind but I think Telfer, Nesbitt, Krasniqi, McCann, Williamson, Dixon, Morrison, Keena are all decent players but the manager can't inspire, motivate or kick them up the arse hard enough to get the best out of them!!

Can only echo pretty much everything that is being said. Been going 30+ years and this is easily the lowest it has been, on and off the pitch.  Difficult to think of a single redeeming feature in the current situation. The club is thoroughly unlikeable at every level. The saddest thing of all is that, outside of the fanbase, no-one appears to give a single flying feck. Who within the club is looking at results, performances, league position, home form, our pathetic inability to beat anyone above the level of a  Clyde/Dumbarton, the apathy amongst the support, the abysmal treatment of the support, falling attendances and saying "Nah, this is a million miles away from being good enough" My bet is absolutely no-one. A slow, lingering, death-by-a-thousand-cuts existence that has been building for years. Can only hope that, at some point, people who actually want to restore the club to some form of respectability on and off the pitch get in, but that still seems some way off unfortunately. This is f*****g tragic.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Wow couldn’t believe the  difference in the Falkirk support today ! For me Tumilty sending off changed the game from a Rovers perspective total change of game plan after that  but Falkirk created one decent chance which cracked off the post first half then in the second half a save from MacDonald from a deflective rovers defenders header but to continually punt the high ball in the box that’s meat and veg for Berra and Lang. Excellent piece of skill from Ross for the second goal so happy days into the next round but what I’ve seen of Falkirk your miles a away but I like the boy Morrison my MOTM

Don't be silly. Michael Ruth is built like a brick shit house and is brilliant in the air. Just ask Paul Sheerin.