The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Just lock the door and throw away the key. 

I was going to chuck in a tenner a month but fucking nothing is fixing this club. A gucking lost cause.

Since 1978 there have been many low points for me but even under Bannon and Lambie I found something positive. I can’t see anything at all from Sheerin to make me positive.

I never thought I’d say this but I’m close to being done.

I don’t think they’ll sack him but I also think we’ll lose our next 2 games and the season will be effectively over.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Just lock the door and throw away the key. 

I was going to chuck in a tenner a month but fucking nothing is fixing this club. A gucking lost cause.

I take it you’re pished? 

the point in investing money in the club is to get rid of this rubbish. Keep your money 

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Since 1978 there have been many low points for me but even under Bannon and Lambie I found something positive. I can’t see anything at all from Sheerin to make me positive.

Yes, same. 1980 for me.

Even on the odd occasion we win a game, it just prolongs the torture. Totally numb, even to catastrophic performances week after week.

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Surely. SURELY.

There’s no-one there to sack him. Deans isn’t going to do it. He wants it to be someone else’s problem. Looks like we ŵill have leftovers from the Deans Board plus the long awaited newcomers, so it’s going to take time to get the place properly washed down and the rest of the people responsible for this mess to be shown the exit door. Just hope it happens soon, but it has to be done with some sort of foundation in place to build on.

I’ve not renewed my ST but I’m investing in the FSS, try anything to get these utter fucking diddies away from our club. Only way I can see us being saved is to get real fans involved, not the kiddie on type that claim to be Bairns who’s first visit to Hope St was for a loaf of bread when Morrisons opened.

8 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s no-one there to sack him. Deans isn’t going to do it. He wants it to be someone else’s problem. Looks like we ŵill have leftovers from the Deans Board plus the long awaited newcomers, so it’s going to take time to get the place properly washed down and the rest of the people responsible for this mess to be shown the exit door. Just hope it happens soon, but it has to be done with some sort of foundation in place to build on.

MR and SA will make the decision and tell someone to do the deed. 

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Does anyone still doubt that Cones is the worst manager in our history?

closely followed by holts temporary tenure end of last season when all he had to do was pick up a couple of points in about half a dozen games. the performance of these two versus budget spent must put them bottom of the league

Every week I wonder if it can get any worse and every week it does. This is without doubt the worst state our club has ever been in. GD has been a complete and utter disaster as chairman and will walk away on the 6th December as if nothing has happened. KJ and co will be left to clear up the mess. I sincerely hope they are brave enough right from the beginning to make the big decisions. This just cannot be allowed to continue.

26 minutes ago, Rugster said:

They won’t sack him. I dearly hope I’m wrong but they are sticking instead of twisting. 

The earliest I reckon will be after queen's park and cove games...I'd say if but it's when he fuks those games the writing will be fully on the wall.

Sheerin came in claiming to bringing attacking football, he's brought in a type of football that is clueless in every department. I loved Mutch today pointing out that the Raith players header was the first save MacDonald had to make in 80+ min.

We were at worst level on par with Raith a few seasons ago, we are a gulf apart now

Edited by MrDust

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I don’t think they’ll sack him but I also think we’ll lose our next 2 games and the season will be effectively over.

Yeah, Lambie we were bad in the Premier League and with Bannon we still had some popular players at the club.

This is beyond bad.

There are 3 things I took away from the game today :-

1. Apathy has set in with the fans. The attendance from our support today for a Scottish cup fixture against Raith at home was appalling.

2. Williamson is made of glass

3. Sheerin does not have a clue. As soon as he took McCann off, I said to my mate they would score coming down the left channel.  What was that substitution all about ? Unless he was injured , it must have been tactical. Bringing on Keena and leaving the defence exposed with Dixon, Hall and Miller in place was just madness. It was almost as though he wanted to lose the match. 

40 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Not one, but two goals conceded against 10 men. Quality work Mr Sheerin. I suppose you will say we lost because we attacked too much. Back to territory wins next week then. Maybe Fergus is doing well with the school kids, but help ma boab, everything else on and off the park really is beyond parody. I even had a big slice of it all to myself last Tuesday.

What happened last Tuesday ? 

Im not going to be too brutal or harsh on Sheerin. He’s not a manager, but having the fucking grim reaper Holt looming over him must be a burden. 

So far he’s seen off 2 managers in 6 months of football (or at least he should’ve, at any normal club sheerin would be gone last week). He’s overseen a 8 point gap into finishing 5th, and an end of season capitulation where he himself was manager where I was ashamed to support my club. He’s overseen a summer where everyone he contacted turned him down, and assembled a squad that is the worst in my living memory, all whilst smugly claiming at fan q and a’s he’d assembled a much better squad, citing Ryan Williamson as an example, who is now once again injured, for probably another month or 2.

Get out of our club. 

He won't get sacked.

There are still loads of our fans who think he deserves more time and we should all be showing patience.

They'd be saying the same if we were sitting 8th in League 2.

We started the second half very well. Should have went in front when we were on top but it fizzled out into a half where it was us just trying to break them down. We literally only had to defend one real attack second half and still couldn’t do it. Dixon wasn’t great today but Ben Hall is, by some considerable distance, the worst defender at the club. Its clear as day that we are only delaying the inevitable by keeping Sheerin any longer as his sacking will come at some point. However, Holt must go for his terrible recruitment. 

He won't get sacked.
There are still loads of our fans who think he deserves more time and we should all be showing patience.

We won’t have many fans left if this continues. 2.5K for a Cup game against Raith is a good indicator.

He won't get sacked.

We won’t have many fans left if this continues. 2.5K for a Cup game against Raith is a good indicator.

We started the second half very well. Should have went in front when we were on top but it fizzled out into a half where it was us just trying to break them down. We literally only had to defend one real attack second half and still couldn’t do it. Dixon wasn’t great today but Ben Hall is, by some considerable distance, the worst defender at the club. Its clear as day that we are only delaying the inevitable by keeping Sheerin any longer as his sacking will come at some point. However, Holt must go for his terrible recruitment. 

Ben Hall is poor, no denying that, but he’s still better than 3 year deal Brad McKay. Other than that, spot on.