The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Our managerial appointments since Houstie have been diabolical 

In terms of results of course you are absolutely correct, however,  on paper most if not all of them seemed decent enough. I thought Hartley and McKinnon would be good appointments.  the jury was out on m and m and sheerin but understood why they made them. I didn't like the idea of joint managers which was my main issue with m and m as well as experience.  sheerin started well with decent results and talked well however the results and interviews have dropped of a cliff in terms of creating the right atmosphere for players and fans. very disappointing. it seems overall the managers, like the players, have seriously underperformed at Falkirk. Hartley went on to take ross county up, after previously doing well elsewhere,  McKinnon took Queens Park up too. now you could argue they had decent budgets at both clubs mentioned, but so do falkirk. Hartley also did well at alloa and for a spell at Dundee. it's too much of a coincidence for it to happen with so many people for so long. I hope we clear one or two individuals with the new money and regime, continue pushing the development of our own players and invest as much as we can realistically in the first team squad with less fat in the background.

20 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

In terms of results of course you are absolutely correct, however,  on paper most if not all of them seemed decent enough. I thought Hartley and McKinnon would be good appointments.  the jury was out on m and m and sheerin but understood why they made them. I didn't like the idea of joint managers which was my main issue with m and m as well as experience.  sheerin started well with decent results and talked well however the results and interviews have dropped of a cliff in terms of creating the right atmosphere for players and fans. very disappointing. it seems overall the managers, like the players, have seriously underperformed at Falkirk. Hartley went on to take ross county up, after previously doing well elsewhere,  McKinnon took Queens Park up too. now you could argue they had decent budgets at both clubs mentioned, but so do falkirk. Hartley also did well at alloa and for a spell at Dundee. it's too much of a coincidence for it to happen with so many people for so long. I hope we clear one or two individuals with the new money and regime, continue pushing the development of our own players and invest as much as we can realistically in the first team squad with less fat in the background.

Hartley's big mistake was getting involved in the Brentford pish. He's never done that anywhere else before or after. I reckon he's a better coach than we saw. McKinnon I'm not convinced is any good. Half a decent season with Raith and then took queen's park up but then your granny could do that in league two. They then got shot of him pronto.

12 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Hartley's 1st transfer window was decent. The crackpipe recruitment policy started the following summer and has continued to this day.

Pretty sure we were top of the table form for the second half of the season after January window. Hartley far better than anyone we had as manager since. 

McGuffie should be on the pitch wearing one of those electric shock collars for dogs. Every time he so much as looks like he's eyeing up a shot get enough volts through him to light up George square.

Edited by Rizzo

I don’t think Sheerin has managed to get beat by 10 men when it was level at the time of the sending off. That’s another belter for his CV. Fair play though. Deans did say that Sheerin was the  new Board’s first appointment. The birth of a new era. Every man Jack of them needs to go. Yet again, hoisted by their own petard. They are starting to make George Fulston look like someone who wasn’t really that bad.

We are so fucking dreadful. Had a decent 5 minute spell but either side of that utter shite.

Having to watch Ruth get ragdolled about the place on the few times he can be arsed putting a challenge in and Hetherington constantly a second behind the c**t he’s meant to be marking is absolutely infuriating.

Highlight of the match has been Matthews celebration after his goal. Absolutely spectacular shithousery. Fair play.