The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

McGurn emergency loan for the weekend. Don't want to get too wound up about somebody who's probably just going to sit on the bench but what a riddy that our 3rd choice keeper is cup-tied after 2 unsuccessful loan spells before January.

Dalbeattie star were quite annoyed Holt was recalled. 

21 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Which won't be happening anyway. Raith are flying, full of confidence and have an actual manager in charge. Basically they are and have everything we don't. Throw in the ex-player factor in the shape of Connolly, who appears to be bang in form along with Zanatta, and I suspect anything better than perhaps a 3-0 loss will be viewed as some sort of moral victory. Even a doing will be rationalised away on the basis that we were up against a "brilliant side" - his exact words. Sheerin could do himself and everyone else a favour by giving starts to the likes of Williamson, Lemon, Krasniqi and Keena, but as that would involve dropping some of the blue-eyed boys in the process, I wouldn't expect it. Firm underdogs against RR at home sums up our status at the moment.

Gary Deans alias found.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

Sheerin could do himself and everyone else a favour

By fucking off pronto. I mean the guy must know himself he's about as welcome as a fart in an astronaut suit. Is he just being rolled out to tick a box and kill time because it's the only thing I can think of. 

Just had a look at the official website. Does anyone know why we have a deputy safety officer on our expanding payroll? ....Mark Leonard, Deputy Match Safety Operations Manager. 

Also saw Andy Thomson has collared himself a role as disability access officer. It goes from bad to worse if he still has a function in the club.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Sheerin striving to be in amongst top 4, f**k me 😂

And there we have it.

His lackadaisical, couldnae care less attitutude has permeated down to the players, hence the half arsed performances that we are witnessing week after week.

I really hope that things are going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to (board appointments, sounding out other managers etc.), culminating in Sheerin (and Holt) being shown the door at the first available opportunity.

'bye Felicia.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

And there we have it.

His lackadaisical, couldnae care less attitutude has permeated down to the players, hence the half arsed performances that we are witnessing week after week.

I really hope that things are going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to (board appointments, sounding out other managers etc.), culminating in Sheerin (and Holt) being shown the door at the first available opportunity.

'bye Felicia.

Falkirk TV interviewers first question includes the fecking ludicrous comment that recent performances have looked good. Jesus wept. Now I don't expect him to slag the team off but Christ almighty it's like Pravda right enough.

I get that Falkirk TV is made up pretty much exclusively of volunteers (which of course is another story) and obviously they can’t come out and blatantly ask Sheerin why we’re so minging to watch and why he’s so utterly shite at his job but if the best they can do is the pathetic low ball questions and continually insulting the fans intelligence about us playing well/being unlucky/not getting the breaks etc… then I really don’t see what purpose the interviews actually serve.

I get that Falkirk TV is made up pretty much exclusively of volunteers (which of course is another story) and obviously they can’t come out and blatantly ask Sheerin why we’re so minging to watch and why he’s so utterly shite at his job but if the best they can do is the pathetic low ball questions and continually insulting the fans intelligence about us playing well/being unlucky/not getting the breaks etc… then I really don’t see what purpose the interviews actually serve.
They are for the people who inhabit that facebook page

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

Exactly. Complete waste of time. Someone needs to get sheerin and give the clown a good feckin shake. I mean if the players think the managers happy with where we are in the league and how they are playing then it's no surprise they aren't raising their bloody game.  He's just not the kind of manager that would get you fighting in the trenches for him that's for sure. Totally insipid and zero leadership qualities.

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Falkirk TV interviewers first question includes the fecking ludicrous comment that recent performances have looked good. Jesus wept. Now I don't expect him to slag the team off but Christ almighty it's like Pravda right enough.

Shahjahan Bhatti on Twitter: "Does anyone remember #Saeed-al-Sahaf, the  last Iraqi Information Minister under #Saddam Hussain? He was also known as  'Baghdad Bob'. Shibli Faraz or #Comical_Shibli clearly is the Pakistani  version!

Guest Ecosse83
20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is it now ok to say he’s a worse manager for us than Hartley, Ray or M&M were ??

Yes. I’d rather have M&M manage us than Sheerin. Where’s that whisky….

Is it now ok to say he’s a worse manager for us than Hartley, Ray or M&M were ??

Paul Sheerin is imo the worst manager we’ve had in the 25 years I’ve been going. He’s absolutely fucking dreadful.

McKinnon and dumb and dumber would all be getting more out of this squad than him. He’s got such a losers mentality.