The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At the end of the day Ruth is simply nowhere near good enough at this point in time to be leading the line at a club looking to win the league one title.  By all means have him in the squad as an option and give him a run now and again off the bench but that should be it.  I reckon he'd be struggling to get a game for any other side in the league and yet we're playing him every week.  Sheerin should've  know he's not up to it currently too so no excuses there.

Christ Shadwell, we're starting to agree on things!

No blame attached to Ruth at all because he's doing his best but, as you say, he's not good enough to be leading the line, at least not on his own. He's not a bad player so I would agree that he would be a good option off the bench.

Sheerin watches this on a weekly basis though yet he refuses to change his formation or line-up.

I'll add a bit fuel to the gossip fire, around about the time we launched the third kit I posted on another forum that he'd had a fall out with Sheerin and wasn't playing because he favoured his love child Ruth. Keena's Mrs liked said post, now it could also be a lot of bollocks but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the case we couldn't get anyone else in hence he didn't go. If he's already had the heads up he's not going to be starting before Ruth it's no surprise he looks scunnered when he comes on. Especially when he was our no.1 striker then dropped like a hot potato for a kid from Aberdeen reserves. 

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly starting to think he tells them to go out there and have fun but make sure no one gets hurt.

Least streetwise, least aggressive, most nonchalant out of possession team I have ever watched.

I dont want a dirty team hatchet men, but I was sat thinking on Saturday, goin just once, somecunt leave a wee bit on their man. A bunch of weaklings losing their battles with alarming ease.

You've been hearing my reviews of the The Caley games for the past 4 year.  We always get someone hobbling off, but we never do it to the opposition.  Don't go in hard and injure them, but leave them with a knock so they either hide for the rest of the game or have to be subbed off.

You've been hearing my reviews of the The Caley games for the past 4 year.  We always get someone hobbling off, but we never do it to the opposition.  Don't go in hard and injure them, but leave them with a knock so they either hide for the rest of the game or have to be subbed off.

I think there are teams you associate more with that style of play and it’s not just a manager/coach thing. I’ve never associated ICT with being a team that plays like that in the same way in my time watching Falkirk we haven’t had an abundance of hatchet man type players. Teams like Airdrie, Hearts have always been teams previously that I’ve associated with that style of play. Wish we were a bit harder at times though.

I think there are teams you associate more with that style of play and it’s not just a manager/coach thing. I’ve never associated ICT with being a team that plays like that in the same way in my time watching Falkirk we haven’t had an abundance of hatchet man type players. Teams like Airdrie, Hearts have always been teams previously that I’ve associated with that style of play. Wish we were a bit harder at times though.

Did there not used to be a league table of red and yellow cards?
Be interesting to see what that looks like this season and recent seasons gone by.
Ps. Can’t believe we are complaining because we are not picking up enough bookings….[emoji16]

Be interesting to see what that looks like this season and recent seasons gone by.
Ps. Can’t believe we are complaining because we are not picking up enough bookings….[emoji16]

[emoji1787][emoji1787]true, it’s not like we don’t have anything else to moan about just now.

14 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ps. Can’t believe we are complaining because we are not picking up enough bookings….emoji16.png

Hetherington seems  to be trying on that front but it's mostly through sheer stupidity and petulance rather than him actually leaving something on an opponent. He can't get close enough to even attempt  that most of the time.

28 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ps. Can’t believe we are complaining because we are not picking up enough bookings….emoji16.png

The old Airdrie teams of Kenny Black, Walter Kidd and co must have been right up there 😂

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the last player of ours I can think off who continuously got booked was Aaron Muirhead but I think it was mainly for petty things….

Didn't even get a ticking off for punching a Sevconian in the bullocks 

Again, no one looking for a hatchet man here. To give an example of when I was on about on Saturday, numerous examples of Mo defenders effortlessly seeing balls out for a GK totally unchallenged. Let him know you are there. Morrison did it loads, then one time he was seeing one out for a throw, got fucking bodied from the back. If you dont do it to them, they wont play fair back.

Just a pure lack of savvy. Not making anyones job hard or unpleasant. Traini g attitude.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Seem to recall a yogi story when he was up against Mark di Vries of Hearts, he said I'm just going to header him on the back of the napper at the first high ball, duly did and Di Vries didn't want to know for the rest of the game. 😂

Best one I remember was at Brockville against Tommy McLean playing for Killie. 

Kickoff ball played out to TMcL on touchline opposite the stand half way line. As the ball was played Tiger took off from the opposite side like a rocket. TMcL trapped the ball and instantly slide tackled. Bounced off the red gravel into the advert hoarding, rebounded only to meet Tiger who was following through for a further introduction to the hoarding. TMcL lying their groaning Tiger picked up the ball and took they shy. Killie players going mental, ref waving play on and TMcL did not want to see the ball for the rest of the game Willie Cunningham out the dugout applauding with Willie Waddell having a tantrum beside him.

Happy days ! anybody else remember that one ? 

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think the last player of ours I can think off who continuously got booked was Aaron Muirhead but I think it was mainly for petty things….

Hippolyte was the same. It was always pulling back opposition players after giving the ball away