The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts

I’m all for this new investment but don’t blame any fans for wanting more information or being slightly sceptical. Most of what I’ve read is people with genuine questions about it. 

Anyway there is a lot of work to be done and some hangers on that need shifting but this is hugely positive so well done to all involved. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m all for this new investment but don’t blame any fans wanting more information or being slightly sceptical. Most of what I’ve read people are just people with genuine questions about it. 

Anyway there is a lot of work to be done and some hangers on that need shifting but this is hugely positive so well done to all involved. 

I cant understand why even with what we know has to be sceptical about these guys are fans and businessmen as well we all have a common cause we have tried the "Proven businessmen" approach and look where that got us time for out the box thinking and a different approach

5 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I’m all for this new investment but don’t blame any fans wanting more information or being slightly sceptical. Most of what I’ve read people are just people with genuine questions about it. 

Absolutely agree with this.

I’m all for the new investment. BPM knowing a few of them and saying they’re good guys is enough to convince me this is really promising.

However I absolutely do not blame others for wanting more info before parting with their actual cash. It’s the same club we all want to do well and we’ve been burnt many times before, a few recently. Slamming these folk for even asking what the goals/aims/direction is will only alienate them. Time to move in the right direction with genuine openness and discussion 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No they are in favour of this as far as I'm aware. The pair of them aren't interested in being involved these days and as far as I know have talked about donating some of their shares at some point if the whole thing proves successful.

Better late than never but I wont hold my breath. Talk is cheap. It’s a shame the pair of them weren’t in favour a few years ago when Mark Campbell was announced as the preferred bidder, otherwise we might not be in this position now. Burying their heads in the sand like cowards for the past 12 months by no means absolves these two from blame. The sooner they get to fcuk the better.

Guest Back Post Misses
36 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Getting fed up with a lot of the negativity on here.

My son is one of the patrons group and has paid his money into the club for a sizeable wedge of shares.

I believe he’s also put himself up for a board position but, if unsuccessful, he’s happy to volunteer his services in other ways as he’s freed some time up by recently selling one of his businesses.

What do some people want?

This is a new beginning.

Its time for everyone to rally round and do their bit.

100% this 

Has any of the doubters stopped to think that the patrons and latest investors have followed the club long enough to see money p*ssed up against the wall especially over the past few years in paying off hartleys duds, RMs duds and dodgy approaches for managers SFA/SPFL fines and you want to know how the money will be spent.  the simple answer is fixing whats gone wrong over the past 10 years putting a proper accountable system in place instead of winging it and hoping it works.

On 23/11/2021 at 04:52, Hank von Hell said:

Not heard your other great theory for a while , the one about the Rawlins trying to run the club into the ground to pick up the shares for next to nothing and sell it on for a mega profit.

How's that one going?  

Commiserations on your avatar passing away. R.I.P.

2 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
8 hours ago, AL-FFC said:
I think the biggest cloud on the playing side is the politics off the park i think a lot of us have worked in places where things have been toxic at the top level to affect those at middle to bottom level

where in the NHS do you work lol

I don't but my old work place was just f`**king toxic as well..lol

On 22/11/2021 at 21:52, Hank von Hell said:

Not heard your other great theory for a while , the one about the Rawlins trying to run the club into the ground to pick up the shares for next to nothing and sell it on for a mega profit.

How's that one going?  

Sitting in the background letting things run their course.

Patience - Patience just biding his time and has not gone away.

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

He's surely going to have to invest more money if he wants to keep his 26 percent as that will be diluted by the new shares going to the patrons now.

We could be the best-run club in the world, we ain’t going anywhere with a Boys’ Club coach as a manager.
Honestly starting to think he tells them to go out there and have fun but make sure no one gets hurt.

Least streetwise, least aggressive, most nonchalant out of possession team I have ever watched.

I dont want a dirty team hatchet men, but I was sat thinking on Saturday, goin just once, somecunt leave a wee bit on their man. A bunch of weaklings losing their battles with alarming ease.

1 hour ago, Its not only a game said:

Think you may have a point. Looking from outside, Dowds was great for us, moves Ft in a pandemic year which  was not great, and falls away with you guys and is a shadow of the player that left us. . But  Sheerin decides he is no  4 striker?Really No 4? Joins a club a league up, from posters starts poorly and now seems to be loved by the Arbroath fans. Scores a wonder goal at the weekend against Kilmarnock and Falkirk cannae buy a win. Always thought Keena and Dowds would be a good pairing but because of injury never really played together last year. If rumours right Keena is wanted by Raith, Dowds by Arbroath. Can only conclude  that McGinn and Campbell know how to man manage and Sheerin  might be out of his depth?Anyways Dowds return to form is a disaster for us, we were hoping he could come home and save us!

Dowds wasn't great with us tbh even pre Sheerin who clearly didn't fancy him. Seems to have struggled for a start at Arbroath too. He's not a natural finisher although his goal against Kilmarnock was a well taken header. I'll wager that's a rarity. For his sake I hope he has now found a club that suits him. Id be very surprised if he ends up back at us especially with Sheerin in charge, big tall guys who might get on the end of crosses isn't his style, neither are small forwards who might get across defenders at least not the ones we have. The guys a diddy really and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he punts Keena in January to Raith as was mooted earlier in season. The one deciding factor in all this is when not if Sheerin gets emptied. That would mean a clean slate for all but also the terrifying prospect of a clean slate for Jaime "competition winner" Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly starting to think he tells them to go out there and have fun but make sure no one gets hurt.

Least streetwise, least aggressive, most nonchalant out of possession team I have ever watched.

I dont want a dirty team hatchet men, but I was sat thinking on Saturday, goin just once, somecunt leave a wee bit on their man. A bunch of weaklings losing their battles with alarming ease.

Absolutely.

Every successful team we've had has had a couple of players not afraid of getting stuck in.

What I'd give for someone like Davie Nicholls. Easily one of my favourite players 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The evil genius that he is ..........probably going to steal a few nuclear submarines and hold the world to ransom after that.