The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Understand, but I’ve never stated that I expected the strategy at the AGM.However it’s certainly not unreasonable to expect a plan shortly after formation.
Not being willing to contribute at this point has nothing to do with having faith in the trust and everything to do with starting to hold our board accountable by ensuring that we contribute when it’s in our best interests only….

I think the point here is the model we now have via both the FSS and the patrons group does exactly what you are asking for by making the board accountable! Between the two we will have 4 democratically elected people onto the club board who are accountable to the members/fans. The added incentive is knowing your investment not only goes directly to the club (and not to an individual shareholder) but grows the overall shareholding of both groups further increasing our influence and control as the overall shareholding increases. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Back Post Misses
16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Understand, but I’ve never stated that I expected the strategy at the AGM.However it’s certainly not unreasonable to expect a plan shortly after formation.
Not being willing to contribute at this point has nothing to do with having faith in the trust and everything to do with starting to hold our board accountable by ensuring that we contribute when it’s in our best interests only….

If everyone took that attitude you wouldn’t get this change. Everyone to their own however 

Edited by Back Post Misses

If everyone took that attitude you wouldn’t get this change. Everyone to their own however 

If everyone took this attitude maybe we wouldn’t have the board we have.
Not sure why you see it as an issue that I want to know where money contributed into the club will be going before investment?
When you and others offered to contribute previously it came with conditions. That’s fine.
Just allow me to do the same on smaller scale…..

Guest Back Post Misses
13 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

If everyone took this attitude maybe we wouldn’t have the board we have.
Not sure why you see it as an issue that I want to know where money contributed into the club will be going before investment?
When you and others offered to contribute previously it came with conditions. That’s fine.
Just allow me to do the same on smaller scale…..

I don’t have an issue with it.

Do you want to know where your season ticket cash is spent? IMO I don’t see you getting specifics on where it will be spent if that is what you are expecting. 

This IMO is about buying into a structure you either believe in or not. If you get involved and don’t like the people making the decisions under this structure you have to opportunity to change that by standing yourself or voting for some others who you think can do better. 

Hopefully some of your scepticism will be put to the side after the AGM. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

I don’t have an issue with it.

Do you want to know where your season ticket cash is spent? IMO I don’t see you having specifics on where it will be spent if that is what you are expecting. 

This IMO is about buying into a structure you either believe in or not. If you get involved and don’t like the people making the decisions under this structure you have to opportunity to change that by standing yourself of voting for some other who you think can do better. 
Hopefully some of your scepticism will be put to the side after the AGM. 

Probably why I didn’t renew my season ticket.
Yep, I hope it will be. However I am sure you can understand my slightly more cautious approach given that, unlike you, I know nothing of the investors yet…

Guest Back Post Misses
18 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Probably why I didn’t renew my season ticket.
Yep, I hope it will be. However I am sure you can understand my slightly more cautious approach given that, unlike you, I know nothing of the investors yet…

I do understand of course but 10 years plus of poor stewardship is not going to be fixed in 5 minutes IMO. Sorting 3-5 will be a start however. 

Guest Back Post Misses
22 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

With investment being a hot topic, does anyone know if LM,CL and the rest of them that wanted money for their shares been paid off yet

The club bought their shares in March. 

8 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

I will sign up and did with the past fans initiative but first I want to see that all is rosy at AGM. Can SA and MR as large shareholders not throw a spanner in the works of this very good plan?

No they are in favour of this as far as I'm aware. The pair of them aren't interested in being involved these days and as far as I know have talked about donating some of their shares at some point if the whole thing proves successful.

Reading the couple of pages folk demanding change and wont be back till there is an overhaul/radical change the minute we get a bit of positive news regarding patrons investing in the club and a couple of supporters on the board, old guard stepping down etc they now want more clarity of where the investment is going, who are these patrons why are they investing and start going on about another agenda you really couldnt make this sh*t up.

want change and the minute you get it start looking for another agenda and comparing it to what they didnt want/have in the first place.

Guest Back Post Misses
17 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Reading the couple of pages folk demanding change and wont be back till there is an overhaul/radical change the minute we get a bit of positive news regarding patrons investing in the club and a couple of supporters on the board, old guard stepping down etc they now want more clarity of where the investment is going, who are these patrons why are they investing and start going on about another agenda you really couldnt make this sh*t up.

want change and the minute you get it start looking for another agenda and comparing it to what they didnt want/have in the first place.

4 fans on the Board. 2 FSS and 2 Patrons 

24 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Just Falkirk fans being typical Falkirk fans. You had people venting their spleen when we were flying in the premier and look at us now.

we don’t need to make this shit up at all. There is a slice of support who just like to main and be negative - even without reason.

Just waiting for some conspiracy theory about the patrons being cahoots with the FSS to Rob the shares from the fans and sell it to the Rawlins to build a drive through cinema. Fucking stupid but wouldn’t surprise me if some rocket hit out with this next. 

16 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Just Falkirk fans being typical Falkirk fans. You had people venting their spleen when we were flying in the premier and look at us now.

we don’t need to make this shit up at all. There is a slice of support who just like to main and be negative - even without reason.

Just waiting for some conspiracy theory about the patrons being cahoots with the FSS to Rob the shares from the fans and sell it to the Rawlins to build a drive through cinema. Fucking stupid but wouldn’t surprise me if some rocket hit out with this next. 

ooooh - a drive thru cinema!!! Cool.

28 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

4 fans on the Board. 2 FSS and 2 Patrons 

I'm good with it BPM its a step in the right direction but the element that are showing OF levels of paranoia in why someone wants to invest and whats the agenda i even seen some numpty on twitter calling  for the "charlatans that are invested hounded already its nuts.  Yet they were happy to call the coffee baron "Boss" and "cant wait till you take over" it beggars belief

Getting fed up with a lot of the negativity on here.

My son is one of the patrons group and has paid his money into the club for a sizeable wedge of shares.

I believe he’s also put himself up for a board position but, if unsuccessful, he’s happy to volunteer his services in other ways as he’s freed some time up by recently selling one of his businesses.

What do some people want?

This is a new beginning.

Its time for everyone to rally round and do their bit.

We wont get success on the park until we have sorted the stuff off the park imo. Most certainly this is a step in the right direction.

There will be folk who'll moan and groan no matter what,especially on here. As Ive said on many occasions theres some who are bigger fans of forums than they are of the club.