The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not what I heard. The plan I hear is to have a smaller core of better quality full time players on decent money. So instead of say 14  on 800 quid a week you'd have 7  on 1600 . The rest of the squad would then be part time players but would be paid a bit more than your normal part time league one sides pay to encourage them to join us.

Have the players on two-year contracts got a clause of any kind to drop money in the second year if they don't get promotion?

6 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Have the players on two-year contracts got a clause of any kind to drop money in the second year if they don't get promotion?

No idea but we have to bloody hope so. Another 2 and a half years of Brad Mackay isn't worth thinking about .

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not what I heard. The plan I hear is to have a smaller core of better quality full time players on decent money. So instead of say 14  on 800 quid a week you'd have 7  on 1600 . The rest of the squad would then be part time players but would be paid a bit more than your normal part time league one sides pay to encourage them to join us.

I can see the sense in that but would leave us with the manager dilemma. TBF, most full-time managers will take in midweek games regularly, so maybe a couple of nights training with part-timers instead of doing that?

On 22/11/2021 at 11:45, Believe The Hype said:

Holt surely has to go first. He's the one constant that is still stinking the place out. How much involvement does he have with the first team? Could the mood and work ethic be improved without him sticking his neb in at every opportunity? 

#HoltOut 

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Subscribed last night, pray to god that we are finally going to see some change and good times at FFC again. The last 4/5 years have been utterly depressing.

I suppose it's money-where-your-mouth-is time. If we want change, it's got to be paid for. 

Guest Back Post Misses
11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yeah, think I’ll give that a miss until I understand what we are actually putting money into the board for……

What do you think it will be for?

Yeah, think I’ll give that a miss until I understand what we are actually putting money into the board for……

It’s to give the Society the money to buy shares in the club and to give the fans a say in how things are run. I’m not saying I know everything about the society but I do know some of the folk who are involved in the running of it and they have been home and away fans all their lives and are good people.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Is that not why we'd have a team of full time coaches though underneath the manager? Asst can be full time etc. A lot of managers these days spend little or no time on training pitch but instead get their staff to carry out training anyway and they stick to tactics etc. Next year if we are still in league one we'll have a hybrid squad anyway so we won't have that many full time players at the club just a core of 6 or 7 as far as Ive been told. 

Slippery slope to part time football like the wildness years in the 70's also its a hard slog going full time plus a massive drop off of fans.

Alas if we don't do up then financial security could dictate matters.

It’s to give the Society the money to buy shares in the club and to give the fans a say in how things are run. I’m not saying I know everything about the society but I do know some of the folk who are involved in the running of it and they have been home and away fans all their lives and are good people.

I don’t doubt good intentions, and I’m sure I’ll end up contributing in time.
However we have been let down so many times recently, I think it’s a good idea to hold off instead of reactively acting.
The last time we all did that on here it was to ensure the Rawlins got appointed as we all expected a revolution.
Not quite sure we got what we asked for but then again they never really clarified their intentions.
Let’s see what the strategy of our revised board is and if it’s what I hope I’ll be 100% right behind it….

Guest Back Post Misses
11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It would be really good to have someone actually state up front what the strategy is for a change.

So I look forward to you telling me?

I am not going to be on the Board who will decide the strategy. I think the statement said the full details of the deal will be at the AGM. 

I am not going to be on the Board who will decide the strategy. I think the statement said the full details of the deal will be at the AGM. 

And there lies my point. We don’t yet know what the strategy will be.
We will have a mix of old and new members with differing thoughts coming up with that.
If the new are able to provide the influence and come up with a strategy we can actually start to get behind I’ll contribute…

Guest Back Post Misses
1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

And there lies my point. We don’t yet know what the strategy will be.
We will have a mix of old and new members with differing thoughts coming up with that.
If the new are able to provide the influence and come up with a strategy we can actually start to get behind I’ll contribute…

I have joined the Patrons and I do not know what the strategy for the club will be. Clearly I am expecting a vast improvement on the pitch but that is an expectation not a plan. That is for the Board to decide. They are being elected to do that. 
I have invested in the model proposed and have the confidence that whoever goes onto the Board will represent me, the other Patrons and the wider fanbase well.
If fans think you are going to get a full strategy moving forward they will be disappointed. It is two weeks away and they have still to be elected! The AGM will only give the way the investment is going to work. 

You either trust that moving forward or you don’t. 

I have joined the Patrons and I do not know what the strategy for the club will be. Clearly I am expecting a vast improvement on the pitch but that is an expectation not a plan. That is for the Board to decide. They are being elected to do that. 
I have invested in the model proposed and have the confidence that whoever goes onto the Board will represent me, the other Patrons and the wider fanbase well.
If fans think you are going to get a full strategy moving forward they will be disappointed. It is two weeks away and they have still to be elected! The AGM will only give the way the investment is going to work. 

You either trust that moving forward or you don’t. 

Understand, but I’ve never stated that I expected the strategy at the AGM.However it’s certainly not unreasonable to expect a plan shortly after formation.
Not being willing to contribute at this point has nothing to do with having faith in the trust and everything to do with starting to hold our board accountable by ensuring that we contribute when it’s in our best interests only….