The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

I genuinely mean this when I say, hearing this from someone like yourself, who knows far more about the goings on in the club than the vast majority of us, means a lot and gives me hope. 

We should all, IMO, try and take this opportunity to reset. The future of our club is squarely in our hands now. Large shareholders, medium sized and small investors will all have an equal say. It is up to each section to embrace it, work together for a common cause and park all the past issues. 
As I said it won’t happen in 5 minutes and there will be bumps on the road no doubt but united clubs have much more chance of success than clubs who a split, we are a perfect example. 
For me having the destiny in our own hands is the exciting part from here. 

18 hours ago, Zbairn said:

To get us out of this league, I’d take Dick Campbell of Arbroath. Would be interesting to see if jumped at taking on a full time squad with total control of player acquisition. He might not be the man to get us to the Premier League, but he would certainly have us up there.  Obviously Holt would have to go.

Falkirk are a bigger club than Arbroath yes

But this has literally got a 0 percent chance of happening 

I really don’t know of a company that disrespects it’s current shareholders like Falkirk do.  Minimal information on balance sheets, Only those in the know can provide soft loans with a decent payoff - now we have patrons, how does one become a patron? Could I add a sum to my existing shareholding and become one? Could a family kick in 2k a piece and become a patron family? Could the Shuttle do a crowdfund to get  10k and become a Patron group?

or is it a closed shop of 20 friends who are quite well to do, but don’t quite  have the “f**k you” money of Sandy Alexander. 

20 hours ago, Zbairn said:

To get us out of this league, I’d take Dick Campbell of Arbroath. Would be interesting to see if jumped at taking on a full time squad with total control of player acquisition. He might not be the man to get us to the Premier League, but he would certainly have us up there.  Obviously Holt would have to go.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Aye, I believe that managing Arbroath is basically his hobby because he has a successful business with his brother. Something along those lines anyway.

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I agree.Could easily do a Lambie with us anyway. He's done a superb job at Arbroath but it suits him there as a club , the way it's set up and the way they work. Not sure he'd be the same fit with us just like Lambie was great for thistle and Hamilton but a complete disaster with us. 

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I believe that managing Arbroath is basically his hobby because he has a successful business with his brother. Something along those lines anyway.

He also said about 2 years ago too there was only 2 FT jobs that could tempt him. I imagine one at that point in time was Dunfermline and the other was Dundee United. Neither is happening now. He will retire at Arbroath

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Not suggesting Campbell but as with the playing side I do wonder whether we should also consider appointing a part time manager if the right one became available? Would someone like Petrie be interested in a move to a bigger club if they allowed him to work part time? It doesn't seem to have hampered him at Montrose.

40 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not suggesting Campbell but as with the playing side I do wonder whether we should also consider appointing a part time manager if the right one became available? Would someone like Petrie be interested in a move to a bigger club if they allowed him to work part time? It doesn't seem to have hampered him at Montrose.

Sounds OK in theory but imagine this situation: We have a part time manager only working in the evenings, leaving the full time players either twiddling their thumbs during the day, or worse, training daytime under the tutelage of our sporting director. No thanks. And would the full time players not complain that the conditions of their contracts have changed, requiring them to train with the part -timers in the evening? Or would we have 2 mini squads training separately, only coming together maybe 1 evening a week and on match days? I don't think it would work. The hybrid squad worked at Raith Rovers but they had a full time manager, no?

2 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

I really don’t know of a company that disrespects it’s current shareholders like Falkirk do.  Minimal information on balance sheets, Only those in the know can provide soft loans with a decent payoff - now we have patrons, how does one become a patron? Could I add a sum to my existing shareholding and become one? Could a family kick in 2k a piece and become a patron family? Could the Shuttle do a crowdfund to get  10k and become a Patron group?

or is it a closed shop of 20 friends who are quite well to do, but don’t quite  have the “f**k you” money of Sandy Alexander. 

Simple answer to this is anybody prepared to put up the minimum investment or more can become a patron, in fact the group will be actively looking for more investment going forward, not sure about a patron group/family as you put it but in theory there is nothing stopping anybody from doing this then only have one person named as the “official” member within the group whom you could then speak through, if you are genuinely interested and not just trying to split hairs get in touch with Kenny Jamison, the more fan influence/investment the better as far as I’m concerned. For those fans not prepared to or not able to invest such a large sum there is the FSS which will also have two seats on the board to be elected by its members.  

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Sounds OK in theory but imagine this situation: We have a part time manager only working in the evenings, leaving the full time players either twiddling their thumbs during the day, or worse, training daytime under the tutelage of our sporting director. No thanks. And would the full time players not complain that the conditions of their contracts have changed, requiring them to train with the part -timers in the evening? Or would we have 2 mini squads training separately, only coming together maybe 1 evening a week and on match days? I don't think it would work. The hybrid squad worked at Raith Rovers but they had a full time manager, no?

Is that not why we'd have a team of full time coaches though underneath the manager? Asst can be full time etc. A lot of managers these days spend little or no time on training pitch but instead get their staff to carry out training anyway and they stick to tactics etc. Next year if we are still in league one we'll have a hybrid squad anyway so we won't have that many full time players at the club just a core of 6 or 7 as far as Ive been told. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

20 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Get the right manager in and try and get a decent goal scorer on loan in the January window, god knows where from though and we could turn the season round. Mind you we also need a bit of dig in midfield and some decent defenders, oh and a good goalkeeper. Alright, we are fucked.

Assuming the next 4 games aren't a complete shambles that sees us cut adrift, I'd agree with this. Cove are averaging 1.87 points per game which would be ~67pts over a season. That's a low total for a champion and we saw last season with Thistle that a couple of quality additions can transform your season.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Don't think so. Manager/head coach needs a relationship with his players which he wouldn't have if he's potentially only seeing them on a Saturday.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't think so. Manager/head coach needs a relationship with his players which he wouldn't have if he's potentially only seeing them on a Saturday.

Will be interesting how they set up will be next year with the hybrid set up.  Most of our players will only be able to train at night. Could mean very long hours for a manager.

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Assuming the next 4 games aren't a complete shambles that sees us cut adrift, I'd agree with this. Cove are averaging 1.87 points per game which would be ~67pts over a season. That's a low total for a champion and we saw last season with Thistle that a couple of quality additions can transform your season.

Spine of the team still needs sorted. A decent centrehalf , midfielder with a bit of grit and a goalscorer and we could maybe start doing something.

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

If Sheerin sticks with the same line-up and formation I can't see us picking up anything in the next 3 games at least. Might shitfest a point at East Fife but that's about it.

He really needs to use the Raith game to change the formation and bring in Williamson, Lemon, Krasniqi and Keena IMO. Won't happen though because he's too feart!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Will be interesting how they set up will be next year with the hybrid set up.  Most of our players will only be able to train at night. Could mean very long hours for a manager.

Wouldn't think it'll be most of the squad that'll be part-time, surely? Would envisage maybe 12-15 full timers with the rest part-time. If it's the other way round we'd be as well going the whole hog.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Wouldn't think it'll be most of the squad that'll be part-time, surely? Would envisage maybe 12-15 full timers with the rest part-time. If it's the other way round we'd be as well going the whole hog.

Not what I heard. The plan I hear is to have a smaller core of better quality full time players on decent money. So instead of say 14  on 800 quid a week you'd have 7  on 1600 . The rest of the squad would then be part time players but would be paid a bit more than your normal part time league one sides pay to encourage them to join us.

Edited by Shadwell Dog