The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The problem is that anyone thinking the day after everything is agreed at the AGM Holt and sheerin will be out the door will sadly be disappointed I feel It's going to take a while for the new directors to get their feet under the table and probably another good while to get fans reps appointed and on the bod too.  Talk of an independent chairman but the selection process for that key role could also take a while unless someone has already been approached. You've got all that happening so I just can't see sacking and  appointing a new manager and dof happening anytime soon and the January window is only a month away.  The off field changes are a great step forward yes but it will take time for those changes to come to fruition on the park.  I have a feeling Holt and sheerin could be hanging about till may still unfortunately with the new bod giving them increased funding to try and turn the tide this season. I think most of us will see that as simply more cash pissed down the drain due to Holt's already awful recruitment record but I fear that's the way it's going to go. Hoping to be proved wrong and very positive about the new investment etc but just feel that the problems on the park arent going to be fixed anytime soon.

I'm still  on the train of thought that the on field problems are partly due to our SD and that Sheerin doesn't want to throw him under the bus and seem like a c*nt. Still think if Holt was emptied he would lift a cloud over the stadium.

Also any possible signings in January needs to be properly scrutinised prior to any sort of "yes you can sign him"

22 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

The Equity Bairns is a group of fans who stick in a tenner or more at the start of the season to sponsor players shirts which are then auctioned / raffled to raise cash for local charities.

Oh yeah, forgot that I'm in that one.

6 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I'm still  on the train of thought that the on field problems are partly due to our SD and that Sheerin doesn't want to throw him under the bus and seem like a c*nt. Still think if Holt was emptied he would lift a cloud over the stadium.

Also any possible signings in January needs to be properly scrutinised prior to any sort of "yes you can sign him"

Your never going to get board members scrutinising a dof or managers signings though as to whether they think he's any good or not. That just ain't going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Nah, Holt and Sheerin are 50% responsible each for where we are this season. I don't want to see a single brass farthing spent on new players in January, just accept that we're not going up this season and then, when both Holt and Sheerin are emptied, give our new manager the funds to do the job next season. The new manager can then work with a hybrid team with the sole aim of getting us promoted. We can look at going 100% full time again once we are in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Nah, Holt and Sheerin are 50% responsible each for where we are this season. I don't want to see a single brass farthing spent on new players in January, just accept that we're not going up this season and then, when both Holt and Sheerin are emptied, give our new manager the funds to do the job next season. The new manager can then work with a hybrid team with the sole aim of getting us promoted. We can look at going 100% full time again once we are in the Championship.

Unless we somehow luck into some formation or system that allows us to take 10 points out of 12 before January, I agree with you. We won’t be going up with anything less than that return. Chucking money at Holt and Sheerin in early January whilst we’re 10 points off top would be an instantly poor decision by the new board 

53 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The problem is that anyone thinking the day after everything is agreed at the AGM Holt and sheerin will be out the door will sadly be disappointed I feel It's going to take a while for the new directors to get their feet under the table and probably another good while to get fans reps appointed and on the bod too.  Talk of an independent chairman but the selection process for that key role could also take a while unless someone has already been approached. You've got all that happening so I just can't see sacking and  appointing a new manager and dof happening anytime soon and the January window is only a month away.  The off field changes are a great step forward yes but it will take time for those changes to come to fruition on the park.  I have a feeling Holt and sheerin could be hanging about till may still unfortunately with the new bod giving them increased funding to try and turn the tide this season. I think most of us will see that as simply more cash pissed down the drain due to Holt's already awful recruitment record but I fear that's the way it's going to go. Hoping to be proved wrong and very positive about the new investment etc but just feel that the problems on the park arent going to be fixed anytime soon.

And if that utterly grim scenario comes to pass, we can safely be writing off this season. By any metric you wish to use, the appointments of both Holt and Sheerin have been complete failures. We are going nowhere under them and every day they remain in situ is just more time wasted. The thought of them being handed another chunk of cash to blow on more Wilsons, McKays, Ruths is truly terrifying. I suspect this limbo land we currently find ourselves in suits them perfectly, as they'll remain in post for far longer than their performance justifies. This is a crucial season, and still a salvageable one, despite the disaster to date. We really could be doing with being a hell of a lot more decisive and proactive than this. Does not surprise me though.

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Forgive me for being dense, but I get lost with all these "supporter" groups. Can someone explain to me who these guys are and what they want -

Bairnstrust

Falkirk Supporters Society

The Navy Blue

Equity Bairns

The Bairns Front of Judea

Bairns For Life

The Crunchie Initiative

All of the information for these are online!

As for the CI, we’ve been open about the Crunchie Initiative when we announced our campaign on May 2020. You can join us on our Facebook page or follow us on Twitter @KM7Stand.

We have our agreements in place but still have a little shortfall to make up in order to fund the new signs. Quiet just now but will be looking to do a few more things in the new year and the run up to the unveiling. Could do with as much support as possible so please follow us to keep informed. 

First up should be a very public message to the fans that things are going to change. The new group clearly cant apologise for the actions of the old, but they ought to dostance themselves from the way the club uas been run and make it clear its going to change.

The last sentence of any press release associated with item 1 should also rpund off action 2....

"We wish Gary Holt all the best in his future endeavours"

Agree with Russ re the likes of Andy Thomson. Make it clear to that fucking fork tongue w**k he is no longer welcome at the club, and he can pay his money like evedyone else if he wants to watch games.

All in all though, its about time and I hope theres enough money there along with competence and vision enough to convince a football manager to replace what we have at the minute, and add some much needed talent in January.

Cant be worse than blustering blow hards like Deans and Holt trying to convince someone to join out club.

This new investment is said to be "a sizeable six figure sum".   Does 750,000 shares equate to around £300,000 or so?  I am not sure.   While this amount of money is a large amount, in football terms it is still very small.   While a great start, this amount will not make a great difference to the club.  Have I misunderstood? 

I still believe a set-up with a First Team Manager and Head of Youth Development working under a Director of Football is the way forward, although that can be set in place without Gary Holt being in place. Not fussed either way, just don't think we should go back to the old ways. There needs to be a plan in place that doesn't change at the whim of every manager that comes through the door.

37 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

This new investment is said to be "a sizeable six figure sum".   Does 750,000 shares equate to around £300,000 or so?  I am not sure.   While this amount of money is a large amount, in football terms it is still very small.   While a great start, this amount will not make a great difference to the club.  Have I misunderstood? 

750,000 shares at 40p = £300k.

However, I think this is a target figure and not the amount of shares bought by the Patrons Group as yet.  If I read correctly, it was stated that a 6 figure sum had been achieved....but that could be just over £100k.

Irrespective of the cash put in, I think it's a step in the right direction to have a more balanced model of ownership, with a greater number of fans invloved.  Let's face it, it can't get much worse !

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Money has never been the problem in the recent past it's how it's being spent. We already have the biggest budget but are midtable . More cash will just mean we have an even bigger advantage over the other teams which means nowt if you spend it on Brad mackays and Jaime Wilsons.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If I was putting in a sizeable amount of my own cash I wouldn't be letting Holt and Sheerin decide how it's spent based on their previous window(s)
Lets face it, these are fans putting money in. Im sure they didnt go in there without any conditions. Hopefully the remaining board members are just seeking someone else to do the dirty work in correcting their mistake with Holt. Much easier to cite "new direction" than to bag someone that you hired.

Some bloke on the Facebook page saying that it's too early to judge Sheerin (15 games), yet thinks it was the right decision to punt Hartley (3 games).

We really do have the club we deserve.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Some bloke on the Facebook page saying that it's too early to judge Sheerin (15 games), yet thinks it was the right decision to punt Hartley (3 games).

We really do have the club we deserve.

Was that the conversation where someone suggested Scott Booth as a new boss?

Nearly jumped out the window reading that; unreal man.