The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Far as I'm aware they were just getting pig sick of deans phoning them every day asking what to do.  Part ownership of Falkirk has turned out to be a lot more onerous a task than they expected and they are taking a back seat before it screws up their family life.

Probably also didn’t help that the likes of you were referring to her as chesty Morgan leading to her kids asking who that is. 

Some of the guys involved with the patrons group also investing in the within this patrons group. They are currently going through the process of electing two member from the group to sit on the board. The supporters society will have two board seats as well to be elected by the members when it’s up and running. 

Obviously this sounds like good news and congratulations to all involved.
However, in terms of personal investment as a supporter that won’t be happening until it’s clear who’s involved and there is a clearly communicated strategy that we can actually start to believe in….

Obviously just the embryo stage in all of this, but hopefully I can get meaningfully involved at some point. Perhaps finally we can have something to support both on and off the park that we believe in and have faith in.

A Chairman, a home based Director and two overseas Directors due to say their farewells in two weeks time. That leaves two of the existing plus two new. Is that an end to the ins and outs? Hopefully not. We need more of both imho.

Gary Holt needs to go I don't think anyone will disagree with that his signings have been absolutely shite. Sheerin's edging closer each week to following him out the door. Then see if Brad Mckay or Jaime Wilson have any decent party tricks they could perform at half time for the 3 and 2 years they have left on their contracts if not whack them in the pie stands. 

John Robertson with 4 goals and 3 assists in 12 games for Edinburgh City this season in the league. Was never the answer for our out and out number nine as Edinburgh City have been playing him on the right wing but he'd have been a much better option than Jaime Wilson & from the little we've seen Ompreon or Akeel Francis mark 2. 

Changes won’t come overnight, simply because we need a shift in culture as well as a shift in personnel. People who are in it for what they can give rather than what they can get out of it.

We have a club that hasn’t apologised for as long as I can remember. A club that will go to great lengths to deny culpability for just about anything.  For me, a bit of truth and reconciliation would be welcome. It would be a really good move for the new people to make.

Forgive me for being dense, but I get lost with all these "supporter" groups. Can someone explain to me who these guys are and what they want -

Bairnstrust

Falkirk Supporters Society

The Navy Blue

Equity Bairns

The Bairns Front of Judea

Bairns For Life

The Crunchie Initiative

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Changes won’t come overnight, simply because we need a shift in culture as well as a shift in personnel. People who are in it for what they can give rather than what they can get out of it.

We have a club that hasn’t apologised for as long as I can remember. A club that will go to great lengths to deny culpability for just about anything.  For me, a bit of truth and reconciliation would be welcome. It would be a really good move for the new people to make.

And it ain’t hard to be honest about things. The incumbent board had the perfect chance to wipe the slate clean but instead adopted the MSG mantra of ‘it wusnae us, it’s the fans fault’

Hopefully a corner turned with some people who actually know how to run a business now getting involved. Fingers crossed anyway. 

1 minute ago, Newbornbairn said:

Forgive me for being dense, but I get lost with all these "supporter" groups. Can someone explain to me who these guys are and what they want -

Bairnstrust

The Navy Blue

Equity Bairns

Bairns For Life

The Crunchie Initiative

Bairnstrust is now Falkirk Supporters Society

crunchie initiative has now done what it wanted (I think) but included some guys who were part of navy blue I think (BPM can clarify I am sure) 

Dunno what equity Bairns is tbh.

bairns for life - is this not the ‘January signing’ fund initiative?

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, BountyBairn said:

Bairnstrust is now Falkirk Supporters Society

crunchie initiative has now done what it wanted (I think) but included some guys who were part of navy blue I think (BPM can clarify I am sure) 

Dunno what equity Bairns is tbh.

bairns for life - is this not the ‘January signing’ fund initiative?

Most of the NB have joined the Patron group 

Great news on the supporter initiative. But as said above that's only part of the answer. Deans and Colborn were also supporters and invested smallish amounts. 

Getting the right reps from this group on the board are key. Sensible people who know what's needed.

And what's needed today is Sheerin to be sacked. That's Order of Business 1. Even before Holt goes, which is 2.

First real signs of something positive though.. maybe the terminal decline can he halted.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

The problem is that anyone thinking the day after everything is agreed at the AGM Holt and sheerin will be out the door will sadly be disappointed I feel It's going to take a while for the new directors to get their feet under the table and probably another good while to get fans reps appointed and on the bod too.  Talk of an independent chairman but the selection process for that key role could also take a while unless someone has already been approached. You've got all that happening so I just can't see sacking and  appointing a new manager and dof happening anytime soon and the January window is only a month away.  The off field changes are a great step forward yes but it will take time for those changes to come to fruition on the park.  I have a feeling Holt and sheerin could be hanging about till may still unfortunately with the new bod giving them increased funding to try and turn the tide this season. I think most of us will see that as simply more cash pissed down the drain due to Holt's already awful recruitment record but I fear that's the way it's going to go. Hoping to be proved wrong and very positive about the new investment etc but just feel that the problems on the park arent going to be fixed anytime soon.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Bairnstrust

The Navy Blue

Equity Bairns

Bairns For Life

The Crunchie Initiative

I can help with a few

Bairns for life is an initiative to raise cash (on a regular monthly payment) for transfer funds in the January window...plus you get put into a raffle to win prizes.

The CI simply exists to rename the South Stand after Crunchie

The Equity Bairns is a group of fans who stick in a tenner or more at the start of the season to sponsor players shirts which are then auctioned / raffled to raise cash for local charities.

13 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Holt surely has to go first. He's the one constant that is still stinking the place out. How much involvement does he have with the first team? Could the mood and work ethic be improved without him sticking his neb in at every opportunity? 

Not for me. Sheerin has to go first. Abysmal though Holt is, him leaving tomorrow doesn't materially affect the utter shite on the pitch. Sheerin going does.