The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Gary Miller is a right back. It’s been the position he’s played the majority of his career. Regardless of who the opposition is, if he’s been playing well then it’s unfair to drop him. I’m not saying he should be starting but I do also think it would have been unfair to drop him yesterday

He should've been dropped weeks ago but kept getting a game no matter how bad he was. Dropping him now should've been the sensible option but no because he has managed to go a game without making an arse of it against crap opposition we'll keep him in. Result is he's dreadful again and we get a going over. That's why sheerin will never be a decent manager. A top quality manager doesn't give a feck about sentiment and whether it's fair to drop players they just do it and that's why they get results.

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think that’s total nonsense tbh.

Neither player is good enough and I’d quite happily see both shipped off in January if we can get a proper striker in, but tbh Keena contributes virtually nothing other than his set peace delivery- he can’t hold up or pass the ball, he’s rarely in scoring positions and is generally anonymous.

I really can’t understand why he’s so highly rated by some when he’s done very little in a Falkirk shirt. Keena’s first touch this afternoon was to give the ball away which frankly sums up his contribution over the last 2 seasons.

Ruth is limited and not who I’d want leading the line but at least you can usually tell he’s on the pitch (albeit today was probably his worst performance).

Well, if you prefer Ruth up there on his own you batter in. I'm not going to the Raith game, so let me know how it goes, 

Sheerin's post-match interview has all the hallmarks of one with a kid's coach. He genuinely doesn't even seem that bothered. Talks more about 'going again next week' and 'working on things to get it right'. He's the manager of Falkirk who have just lost at home to Montrose, but you wouldn't fucking know it. Get him out.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

We could sack Sheerin/Grainger and put Holt in charge until the end of the season ala Man Utd. Our board are so detached from the feelings of the fans that is the type of cunty move they would do. I cannot wait until December in the hope that the board is completely emptied and none of those that are currently stinking the place out are there. A new regime is most definitely required.

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We could sack Sheerin/Grainger and put Holt in charge until the end of the season ala Man Utd. Our board are so detached from the feelings of the fans that is the type of cunty move they would do. I cannot wait until December in the hope that the board is completely emptied and none of those that are currently stinking the place out are there. A new regime is most definitely required.

We are awful mate - I’d be very surprised if we don’t lose our next 3 games.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Like things got any better when Holt took over from M&M, only those clowns on our board could put someone who's popularity is lower than a snakes belly at the bottom of a trench in charge

I dont think it felt this bad when we went into liquidation.

Edited by AL-FFC

Direct attacking football played at pace and again the only time we looked slightly like this was chasing the game with 10 minutes left! This slow tippy tappy build up is terrible leaving us with no option but to eventually launch a ball upfield, quite simply Montrose were a better footballing side than us yesterday, we got what we deserved from the game absolutely nothing. Keep hearing games change on fine margins and we could have grabbed an undeserved point if the manager makes a decision and changes our penalty taker but Sheerin can't seem to decide or change anything. Same side, same tactics and style every week, just isn't good enough. 

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Aye, but wouldn’t that be Gary Deans giving Holt “a near impossible task” for the second time  in a calendar year?

Edited by Duncan Freemason