The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I don’t think our squad is good enough by any means but I do think it should be capable of far better than winning 6 out of 15 games in league 1.

Surely Sheerin simply cannot continue with a record like that. An attacking line of Telfer, Nesbitt and Morrison should be too good for this league but again today we showed our total lack of quality up front. Ruth is a young kid and Keena is frankly useless.

Equally the fact Ben Hall who has been poor for a number of seasons is somehow still a starter shows the issues we have in defence. For me Mackenzie Lemon has looked like a player with potential so why he can’t even make the bench over Hall and McKay is beyond me.

Ultimately even if Sheerin is relieved of his duties, I can’t see us doing much this season unless we make big changes to the squad in January.

Look, there's no doubt that he's no Ronaldo, but there's also no doubt that Keena's a better striker than Ruth. Ruth's busier, no doubt about that, but he has little quality on the ball when it comes to holding it up and getting us toward the opposition box. We look more dangerous when Keena plays and, if we could actually give him some chances, I think he would convert more than his fare share.

We have next to zero presence in the opposition box, we need to try something different against Raith and that would include Keena for me. (As well as Krasiniqi and Williamson)

19 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Look, there's no doubt that he's no Ronaldo, but there's also no doubt that Keena's a better striker than Ruth. 

I think that’s total nonsense tbh.

Neither player is good enough and I’d quite happily see both shipped off in January if we can get a proper striker in, but tbh Keena contributes virtually nothing other than his set peace delivery- he can’t hold up or pass the ball, he’s rarely in scoring positions and is generally anonymous.

I really can’t understand why he’s so highly rated by some when he’s done very little in a Falkirk shirt. Keena’s first touch this afternoon was to give the ball away which frankly sums up his contribution over the last 2 seasons.

Ruth is limited and not who I’d want leading the line but at least you can usually tell he’s on the pitch (albeit today was probably his worst performance).

Edited by PedroMoutinho

That was disgraceful. Montrose well and truly deserved that, especially first half when it should have been more than 1.

I have no idea why Morrison continues on penalties when, even though some go in, they are truly awful. 

As for Sheerin it’s time the board or whoever is making decisions out their big boy pants on and sack him. We aren’t even getting the playoffs under him. We fucked about and lost out on Yogi although he probably wouldn’t work under Holt. 

There is not one single manager realistically I would take. Don’t want Brian Rice for certainty. One podcast with a former player, can’t remember who said we should have appointed Jim McIntyre before but he’s been out the game too long IMO. 

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I am serious because of the point I'm making is.

We get another manager the cycle starts again why ? Because they encounter a behind the scenes culture that ensures failure.

There will not be a manager that will get us promoted until these changes take place at the top.

Sheerin is no more than the focal point for the problems in the background.

I agree Sheerin is not the future.

It does seem like their is an underlying cancer at the club that has a negative effect on everybody who joins the board or has a senior position. We need a new owner with cash to spend or we are fkgd

6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think that’s total nonsense tbh.

Neither player is good enough and I’d quite happily see both shipped off in January if we can get a proper striker in, but tbh Keena contributes virtually nothing other than his set peace delivery- he can’t hold up or pass the ball, he’s rarely in scoring positions and is generally anonymous.

I really can’t understand why he’s so highly rated by some when he’s done very little in a Falkirk shirt. Keena’s first touch this afternoon was to give the ball away which frankly sums up his contribution over the last 2 seasons.

Ruth is limited and not who I’d want leading the line but at least you can usually tell he’s on the pitch (albeit today was probably his worst performance).

I still think there's a player in there somewhere with Keena and no doubt he'll be banging in goals for whoever he moved on to whether it be January or next season.  Perhaps a new manager could get more out of him but sheerin and him obviously don't see eye to eye and Keena looks like a player who has given up the ghost and wants to be anywhere but Falkirk.  I'd have liked to have seen him get one good run in the side at the start of the season after his injury in preseason but the arrival of Ruth put an end to that and the small glimpses of a decent player we saw against Airdrie and in the other couple of games round that point have now vanished completely . Looks completely devoid of confidence and interest now.

30 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I still think there's a player in there somewhere with Keena and no doubt he'll be banging in goals for whoever he moved on to whether it be January or next season.  Perhaps a new manager could get more out of him but sheerin and him obviously don't see eye to eye and Keena looks like a player who has given up the ghost and wants to be anywhere but Falkirk.  I'd have liked to have seen him get one good run in the side at the start of the season after his injury in preseason but the arrival of Ruth put an end to that and the small glimpses of a decent player we saw against Airdrie and in the other couple of games round that point have now vanished completely . Looks completely devoid of confidence and interest now.

Keena is being paid a salary by us so if he is completely devoid of interest and given up the ghost then get him to f**k.

He’s not Gerd Muller despite what some of our fans seem to think.

Keena is being paid a salary by us so if he is completely devoid of interest and given up the ghost then get him to f**k.

I agree totally, we are definitely not in a position to carry passengers who aren’t up for the fight. I don’t even think he is that good anyway.

Guest Ecosse83

Pointless talking about individual players right now with the absolute useless tactics the manager is employing. 

It was embarrassing watching Sheerin being schooled by Petrie yesterday. He’s bloody honking!

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I agree but that's footballers for you. If they aren't in a good place they won't perform. Look at dowds couldn't kick his own arse with us but playing every week for a side challenging at the top of the championship as Campbell obviously knows how to motivate him and where to play him. It's not just Keena in our side either there's very few of them willing to keep going to the well for sheerin when games get tough yesterday being another clear expample of that.

I'd love to know what the bods thoughts are on Williamson still . Mooted as a much improved signing but Gary miller keeps getting picked in front of him. He's another that must be feeling scunnered to say the least.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree but that's footballers for you. If they aren't in a good place they won't perform. Look at dowds couldn't kick his own arse with us but playing every week for a side challenging at the top of the championship as Campbell obviously knows how to motivate him and where to play him. It's not just Keena in our side either there's very few of them willing to keep going to the well for sheerin when games get tough yesterday being another clear expample of that.

I'd love to know what the bods thoughts are on Williamson still . Mooted as a much improved signing but Gary miller keeps getting picked in front of him. He's another that must be feeling scunnered to say the least.

Yes but it’s a different scenario as you could never question Dowds commitment. People are now saying Keena isn’t trying or doesn’t want to play - that’s completely different.

Keena gets a free pass from a lot of our fans and quite frankly has done f**k all in a Falkirk jersey to merit it. 

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Miller is only playing because Williamson is just back from injury and up until yesterday, Miller had been playing well. Williamson will start now and it’s his position to lose

Just now, Rocco said:

Miller is only playing because Williamson is just back from injury and up until yesterday, Miller had been playing well. Williamson will start now and it’s his position to lose

Miller should never start in front of Williamson when both are fit simple as that. Miller is a fill in player for a couple of games at most . You get by with him against dross but should be nowhere near the starting 11 otherwise. Williamson had been on the bench for the two previous games so should have been ready to go yesterday and had to start. Miller again found wanting when we play any half decent side like too many of our mob.

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes but it’s a different scenario as you could never question Dowds commitment. People are now saying Keena isn’t trying or doesn’t want to play - that’s completely different.

Keena gets a free pass from a lot of our fans and quite frankly has done f**k all in a Falkirk jersey to merit it. 

I wouldn’t agree he gets a free pass. He’s not getting as much stick as others because he hardly fucking plays.

He is pish though, that’s for sure.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Miller should never start in front of Williamson when both are fit simple as that. Miller is a fill in player for a couple of games at most . You get by with him against dross but should be nowhere near the starting 11 otherwise. Williamson had been on the bench for the two previous games so should have been ready to go yesterday and had to start. Miller again found wanting when we play any half decent side like too many of our mob.

You’ve never managed or been part of a football team by the sounds of it. You very rarely drop a guy who is playing well, regardless if the guy waiting in the wings is better. Miller had been playing well up until yesterday so tightly kept his position. I fully expect Williamson to get his chance now

Just now, Hughsie said:

I wouldn’t agree he gets a free pass. He’s not getting as much stick as others because he hardly fucking plays.

He is pish though, that’s for sure.

His Falkirk career has been a disaster since day one.  Injured straight away missed a lot of the season brought back in when the side was sliding into oblivion.  Injured again this pre season eventually gets a few starts and does ok if not fantastic other than his goal against Airdrie. Certainly didn't deserve to be dropped against alloa for an off the pace Ruth  who has proven basically undroppable since no matter how shite he plays. A couple of decent sub apps and goals from him but even that has now dried up. I'd have liked to see him getting a real good run of games under his belt starting earlier in the season.to see what he could do over a sustained period but that never materialised with Ruth appearing. I'm sure if a striker comes in in January he'll be moved on and we'll see if he's any good elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

You’ve never managed or been part of a football team by the sounds of it. You very rarely drop a guy who is playing well, regardless if the guy waiting in the wings is better. Miller had been playing well up until yesterday so tightly kept his position. I fully expect Williamson to get his chance now

I played football for years. You play your best 11 when it's available. Miller is honking as we have seen on numerous occasions.  He's never a right back for a start it's a position he is filling in at due to Williamson's injury and us failing to have a proper back up right back. Williamson is an actual right back. Why would you continue to play a a 34 year old make shift right back in front of a proper bonafide right back ffs ? Your granny could've been playing right back against the likes of Clyde and Dumbarton recently as yesterday showed these games meant nothing in the case of us improving one little bit. Miller was shite against Airdrie and shite again yesterday and will again be shite any time we play a half competent team. He should not be anywhere near our first 11.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well we can agree he’s pish but my opinion is a player not trying in inexcusable.

Teams full of them just now. Montrose wanted it far more than our shitebags yesterday.  Virtually every player lost their individual battles especially in the first half. Lack of bottle and fight is embarrassing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I played football for years. You play your best 11 when it's available. Miller is honking as we have seen on numerous occasions.  He's never a right back for a start it's a position he is filling in at due to Williamson's injury and us failing to have a proper back up right back. Williamson is an actual right back. Why would you continue to play a a 34 year old make shift right back in front of a proper bonafide right back ffs ? Your granny could've been playing right back against the likes of Clyde and Dumbarton recently as yesterday showed these games meant nothing in the case of us improving one little bit. Miller was shite against Airdrie and shite again yesterday and will again be shite any time we play a half competent team. He should not be anywhere near our first 11.

Gary Miller is a right back. It’s been the position he’s played the majority of his career. Regardless of who the opposition is, if he’s been playing well then it’s unfair to drop him. I’m not saying he should be starting but I do also think it would have been unfair to drop him yesterday