The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont agree. We need to clear the boardroom, but its not the board that cant get Charlie Telfer into the game. Its not the board that cant implement a coherent attacking threat. Its not the board that insist Mihael Ruth is a targetmen, or that Stevie fucking Hetherington cannot be dropped. 

We need to protest. No fans in the stadium will get the message across.

Although, sadly, I realise we no longer have the fight to make that happen.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I am serious because of the point I'm making is.

We get another manager the cycle starts again why ? Because they encounter a behind the scenes culture that ensures failure.

There will not be a manager that will get us promoted until these changes take place at the top.

Sheerin is no more than the focal point for the problems in the background.

I agree Sheerin is not the future.

Completely disagree that a better manager wouldn't get us promoted.

Yes, Holt and the board are fucking idiots, but we're not unique there. Many clubs have been promoted despite an off field shit show.

But they had an actual manager not Cone Boy.

Actually let this sink in.. given all the incompetence we've seen since Eddie May,  Sheerin is our worst manager. Arguably our worst ever manager. It's incredible that's even possible, but... he is!

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Just watched Sheerins interview. Have the bod actually explained to him his remit is to win the league? The way he talks and his complete lack of giving a feck makes me wonder if he thinks keeping us in league one is what he'll earn his bonus for.

Pretty sure at the Q&A Rawlins said it was a long term project and gave me the impression winning the league this season wasn't that important.

If that's the case then Sheerin is nice and comfy in the not so hot seat and his attitude can be explained. 

The major issue with this, and maybe Phil doesn't realize having no affiliation with the club, but fans have been watching FFC be honking season after season for years now and have ran out of patience.  

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

Pretty sure at the Q&A Rawlins said it was a long term project and gave me the impression winning the league this season wasn't that important.

If that's the case then Sheerin is nice and comfy in the not so hot seat and his attitude can be explained. 

The major issue with this, and maybe Phil doesn't realize having no affiliation with the club, but fans have been watching FFC be honking season after season for years now and have ran out of patience.  

This is what is so important. He was asking for patience as though fans haven't been patient enough for the last number of years.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Just a wee update on the comparison of players we have moved to other clubs vs players we brought in this season.

This is using Transfer Market. Not making a case for having kept all who left but since our board love stats, I thought I’d share these.

Sammon- 4/1           Ruth- 4/1

Dowds- 2/0(Ch)      Ompreon- 0/0

Wilson- 0/0

Leitch- 4/0                 McGuffie- 2/1

Connolly- 4/2(Ch)   Nesbit- 2/3

Weekes- 0/0

McDaid- 0/0

Mercer- 2/0                C.Williamson- 0/0

Kelly- 0/1(Prem)        R.Williamson- 0/0

McCann- 0/0

Durnan- 2/0               McKay- 0/0

Lemon- 0/0

Alston- 1/2(Ch)         Hetherington- 0/0

Todd- 0/1                    Krasniqui- 0/0

Ross- 0/1

19 goals/7 assists vs 8 goals/6 assists.

To think at the Q&A our esteemed board members sneered and ridiculed the recruitment by previous regimes.

Recruitment is without doubt much worse under the current lot - hung by their own words . 

23 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

If the cone carrier is emptied on Monday what's the betting Rice is appointed? Although Rice and betting might not be the correct term. 

Rice would be a short grain appointment.

6 minutes ago, STUL said:

When was the last time that we actually beat a team that were above us in the league?

Don’t know but feels like cove at home early last season. Beyond that feels like a while ago too.

Totally scunnered tbh. Don’t even know if sheerin is getting less out of the squad, maybe it is just rubbish.

All I know is Holt is a constant in the new depths we’ve plunged who has to go. Feels like there’s little way back for sheerin due to home performances too. Just totally abject with a consistent attempt to pretend “these things happen” and we “can’t win them all” in post match interviews

33 minutes ago, STUL said:

When was the last time that we actually beat a team that were above us in the league?

Cove Rangers, 1-0 at home exactly one year ago today, 21st November 2020. Cove were undefeated - in fact, had full points - and were obviously top of the table. That's the only time I think. Previously was Ross County on 4th May 2019, the day we went down.

In a similar vein, since relegation our record against the other sides who have either finished in the top four (season 19/20 obviously being curtailed with a quarter of the season remaining) or, in the case of this season, currently occupy these positions, is P24 W5 D10 L9. Equating to a total of 25 points from a possible 72. This calendar year (i.e. since Holt came on the scene) it's P27 W9 D6 L12. A whopping 33 points from 81 available!!! If not outright relegation form. certainly not too far off it.

Damning, damning, damning stuff. Atrocious. Abysmal. Appalling. Basically, with the very occasional exception, we simply do not win games against teams of any sort of competence. 

I don’t think our squad is good enough by any means but I do think it should be capable of far better than winning 6 out of 15 games in league 1.

Surely Sheerin simply cannot continue with a record like that. An attacking line of Telfer, Nesbitt and Morrison should be too good for this league but again today we showed our total lack of quality up front. Ruth is a young kid and Keena is frankly useless.

Equally the fact Ben Hall who has been poor for a number of seasons is somehow still a starter shows the issues we have in defence. For me Mackenzie Lemon has looked like a player with potential so why he can’t even make the bench over Hall and McKay is beyond me.

Ultimately even if Sheerin is relieved of his duties, I can’t see us doing much this season unless we make big changes to the squad in January.