The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Montrose are better than us. Let that sink in. 

Much more organised and they expected to take something from the game! Nobody up front for us with any ariel threat or ability to hold the ball up, and powder puff performance from us generally! Don't  think the players believe anymore in Sheerins tactics On a separate note Mutch  even with the odd mistake is a much better option than Martin who hesitates before coming for crosses. Where is Mutch anyway surely he's not been dropped in favour of holts son. It would be difficult to make a bigger clusterfuck of running the club than led miller but Gary Deans and his pals seem to have taken us to a new lowTotal push!

No as far as I'm aware that is the plan if the new guys get in with their investment. Have a core set of full time players on better wages and then have a number of part time players cherry picked from other clubs. Increases your options by quite a bit .

Best way ahead for me, at least until we are out of League 1.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just a wee update on the comparison of players we have moved to other clubs vs players we brought in this season.

This is using Transfer Market. Not making a case for having kept all who left but since our board love stats, I thought I’d share these.

(goals/assists)

Sammon- 4/1           Ruth- 4/1

Dowds- 2/0(Ch)      Ompreon- 0/0

Wilson- 0/0

Leitch- 4/0                 McGuffie- 2/1

Connolly- 4/2(Ch)   Nesbit- 2/3

Weekes- 0/0

McDaid- 0/0

Mercer- 2/0                C.Williamson- 0/0

Kelly- 0/1(Prem)        R.Williamson- 0/0

McCann- 0/0

Durnan- 2/0               McKay- 0/0

Lemon- 0/0

Alston- 1/2(Ch)         Hetherington- 0/0

Todd- 0/1                    Krasniqui- 0/0

Ross- 0/1

19 goals/7 assists vs 8 goals/6 assists.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Do you think anyone at the club has realised that teams aren’t “raising their game” against us, they are just better than us?

We are in a sad and scary place. We are a mid table League 1 club and I can’t see things improving if we continue as we are. I’m also not sure things will be any better if we sack him and bring in someone like Rice.

I feel we’re fucked either way. What do we do? What’s the state of play with the fans “takeover”?

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

Do you think anyone at the club has realised that teams aren’t “raising their game” against us, they are just better than us?

We are in a sad and scary place. We are a mid table League 1 club and I can’t see things improving if we continue as we are. I’m also not sure things will be any better if we sack him and bring in someone like Rice.

I feel we’re fucked either way. What do we do? What’s the state of play with the fans “takeover”?

Problem is we need 3 or 4 decent signings in January to give us a chance and we know what January's like and what's the point if Holt is still there we'll just be pushing more money down the drain.  Ballantynes loan is up at Montrose in January I'd give st Johnstone a call but then why the feck would he want to come to us over Montrose? We also  need a decent striker and a centrehalf.  

I think we need a clear out from top to bottom, empty the board and get new blood in with fresh ideas. Get some sort of fan involvement including partial ownership, along the lines of the scheme Kenny Jamieson was involved with a few years back where we have the option of putting in a lump sum or a monthly contribution. Get shot of Holt/Sheerin and look at a hybrid model of full time players supplemented by the best of the part time players. Whoever we get as manager they have to be experienced or at least if we go down the route of a younger coach we need an auld heid in there assisting them.

I just hope this new board has a remit of getting all the fans back onboard. The main way of doing that has to be a better product on the park.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm just struggling to think of any decent options to be honest. We need an experienced head but there aren't that many about looking for jobs just now unfortunately. I wouldn't give anyone a contract longer than till may.

Would like John Robertson to get the job but would be astonished if it happened.

They interviews man holy f**k. You’ve got Sheerin still talking like he’s in boys football and oh it’s unlucky but there’s another game next week. Then Lewis and Paul Dixon talking like it’s been a smash and grab from Montrose.

Absolutely clueless.

They interviews man holy f**k. You’ve got Sheerin still talking like he’s in boys football and oh it’s unlucky but there’s another game next week. Then Lewis and Paul Dixon talking like it’s been a smash and grab from Montrose.

Absolutely clueless.
I got about 1 minute in. f**k that. Cant learn anything from listening to the same shit in response to the same performances.

2 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Sorry to go all John McEnroe here.. but you can't be fucking serious. 

Every week we keep the useless bib cleaner in charge is another week where we have to suffer his utter cluelessness.

Sheerin is the worst manager we've had in 20 years. Worse than McKinnon, Hartley,  Dumb and Dumber. We are indescribably bad. He is the problem not a victim. f**k me.

I am serious because of the point I'm making is.

We get another manager the cycle starts again why ? Because they encounter a behind the scenes culture that ensures failure.

There will not be a manager that will get us promoted until these changes take place at the top.

Sheerin is no more than the focal point for the problems in the background.

I agree Sheerin is not the future.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I am serious because of the point I'm making is.

We get another manager the cycle starts again why ? Because they encounter a behind the scenes culture that ensures failure.

There will not be a manager that will get us promoted until these changes take place at the top.

Sheerin is no more than the focal point for the problems in the background.

I agree Sheerin is not the future.

I dont agree. We need to clear the boardroom, but its not the board that cant get Charlie Telfer into the game. Its not the board that cant implement a coherent attacking threat. Its not the board that insist Mihael Ruth is a targetmen, or that Stevie fucking Hetherington cannot be dropped.