The Falkirk FC Thread

Its a self fulfilling cycle. Sack manager* = New manager = clear out = new signings = few in - few out = failure in league = repeat*.
The club desperately needs stability for a manager to be given a run of 3 - 4 seasons.
Manager and players that have been punted have proved they did not fail because of not being good enough but because of the structure and leadership in the club in general.
FFC will not progress before every last one of the board are ousted.
Changing managers will not solve the problem.

Paul Sheerin absolutely can’t be left in charge any longer. He’s been given the biggest budget in the league and we are absolutely dugshite. He’s been an absolute failure in any way you want to measure his performance to date and he’s got a losers mentality.

Just because we’ve sacked managers in the past (btw our last 3 managers that we sacked was absolutely justified and completely because they were not good enough) and we’ve then appointed someone worse does not mean that we should stick with someone wholly incompetent and not fit for purpose. The idea that we need to give him time for continuity sake regardless of performance is a fucking nonsense.

We’ve only got two striker and neither can play in their own up front (Keena needs support, Ruth drops too deep) - so play both.

We play two holding midfielder to protect the back 4 yet continue to concede as opposition players are targeting our fullbacks - so play something different.

To me, 3-5-2 with Williamson and McCann higher up the park, one holding mid with Telfer and Nesbitt makes far more sense.  Play Ruth and either Morrison or Keena as strikers.

“Changing managers will not solve the problem”

But it is his style of play and attitude enforced on the team that needs changed - Paul Sheerin will not change. We are in a rapid downward spiral to part time oblivion.

I believed Sheerin to be a good appointment- the Sheerin of relative success at Arbroath strengthened by several years of youth development at one of our top clubs.

But what we have is Largs-ball. Horrible, slow play with the intention of eradicating errors and stop goals against. 4-2-3-1. By Jesus.

I really am sorry Paul but you must see this is failing week after week. You can’t be happy either.

I think the fact he plays one striker up top on their own isn’t the issue, I just don’t think Ruth and Keena are good enough. We also have a midfield jam packed with the same type of players Telfer, Nesbit, McGuffie, Morrison all offer exactly the same and our one player who is meant to give us a bit of dig Hetherington just looks shite.

Dunfermline get a 3-0 win under Yogi

Dowds scores the winner for Abroath against Kilmarnock (away)

Connolly scores as Raith goes joint top

But yeah, as our brilliant coach tells us "all teams are hard to play against in our league", our dear leaders tell us we're "Premiership" (what, Northern Ireland, Welsh, Faeroese?)

Utter shambles, the enthusiasm is draining and seeing some of the items posted (where we reminisce about former players, about being seen as THE place to send younger players from the Premier League - that one, yes), makes for difficult reading without shedding a tear.

“La tristesse durera toujours"
Vincent van Gogh (who our Sporting Director will try to sign)

Loads calling for Sheerins head. Just
exactly who will make that call? We
don't have a functioning BOD so they're
very unlikely to make any decisions. The
AGM on the 6th will likely throw the club
into oblivion. This has to be the worst period of our history.
We have a sporting director, who hasnt, as yet, re discovered the gift of shame.

Its absolutely his call to make.

The idea of him sorting the replacement tho [emoji85]

Guest Ecosse83

Our manager was absolutely schooled in the first half, not acceptable simply not good enough. 

I’ve not read the match thread or this but the players have no chance with this charlatan in charge. The shouts at the game decrying Ruth we’re embarrassing considering the tactics in the 2nd half were to lump the ball to a skinny 19 year old and expect him to win it. 

MANAGER GONE TONIGHT PLEASE!!!!

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

We’ve only got two striker and neither can play in their own up front (Keena needs support, Ruth drops too deep) - so play both.

We play two holding midfielder to protect the back 4 yet continue to concede as opposition players are targeting our fullbacks - so play something different.

To me, 3-5-2 with Williamson and McCann higher up the park, one holding mid with Telfer and Nesbitt makes far more sense.  Play Ruth and either Morrison or Keena as strikers.

Completely agree.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Just feel apathetic to all things Falkirk. 

It began in January and has continued throughout this year. What actually makes me more apathetic is despite all that has went wrong with our club, the way the board has treated the fans and the utter ineptitude of their governance is seeing how quickly fans forget it all due to a couple of wins against terrible opposition. 

I even saw a post from someone earlier today saying they’d happily take a draw. Seems they were right but feck me that’s depressing to hear that level of acceptance, to being in the position we are. 

Edit to add. That’s Sheerin now in a position to only match the points total M and M had before they were sacked last season after 18 games. He has to win the next 3 games as well just to be level with them. Likely be worse off for goals scored and conceded too. Getting a better manager is only a small part of fixing the problems with our club though. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Sheerin will not get us promoted so has to go. Whilst watching Ruth and Keena play up top on their own the past few weeks, it dawned on me that the player we have that would have best suited that position was probably Anton Dowds, yet Sheerin decided to punt him out on loan.

Sheerin is done!

Sheerin will not get us promoted so has to go. Whilst watching Ruth and Keena play up top on their own the past few weeks, it dawned on me that the player we have that would have best suited that position was probably Anton Dowds, yet Sheerin decided to punt him out on loan.
Sheerin is done!
And I bet Dowds wants no part of us come January either.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Rocco said:
Sheerin is done!

And I bet Dowds wants no part of us come January either.

Dowds will be pissing himself. 

21 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Loads calling for Sheerins head. Just
exactly who will make that call? We
don't have a functioning BOD so they're
very unlikely to make any decisions. The
AGM on the 6th will likely throw the club
into oblivion. This has to be the worst period of our history.

Worst Haiku ever.

Guest Ecosse83

And we still debate the 1 up top scenarios 🤦‍♂️

It doesn’t matter who we play up top with the sitting off shite we played today and letting Montrose press us so easily. 

52 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Its a self fulfilling cycle. Sack manager* = New manager = clear out = new signings = few in - few out = failure in league = repeat*.

The club desperately needs stability for a manager to be given a run of 3 - 4 seasons.

Manager and players that have been punted have proved they did not fail because of not being good enough but because of the structure and leadership in the club in general.

FFC will not progress before every last one of the board are ousted.

Changing managers will not solve the problem.

Sorry to go all John McEnroe here.. but you can't be fucking serious. 

Every week we keep the useless bib cleaner in charge is another week where we have to suffer his utter cluelessness.

Sheerin is the worst manager we've had in 20 years. Worse than McKinnon, Hartley,  Dumb and Dumber. We are indescribably bad. He is the problem not a victim. f**k me.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021