The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

100% agree, I remember saying at the time he was the worst goalie in the world.

Not going to say Boaby Olejnik was a great keeper, but he was far from the worst I’ve seen us have. His kicking was abysmal but one thing i’ll say. That night in Vaduz he saved us from losing 5 or 6 Nil, and where the defeat wasn’t good that kind of score would have been a real embarrassment 

On 16/11/2021 at 13:56, Blame Me said:

Please tell me this is a parody account

Gary Holt "Sporting Director"

Screenshot_20211116-135341.png

On 16/11/2021 at 22:30, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's a parody account. There seems to be a few of them around. I was told today that one has been made up for Clyde FC saying that their signing of Benjamin Mendy is imminent. 

39521862-36FA-4933-B47B-AC1B20E6758F.gif

23 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think that's a bit unfair. Leo was quite happy manning the turnstyles until Hartley decided that he was a goalkeeper.

Its an example though how the clubs stock has fallen. In these days FFC were taken seriously by clubs like Arsenal. Aston Villa, Newcastle, Manchester City. Where their young players could get experience and they would be sure they would get looked after.7

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

I said last week the acid test was the next three league games. Sadly pretty predictable 

We had an incredibly easy run of games against the poorest teams in the league. Maybe even the 4 worst back to back. And we still only won 2 out of 4.

Raith, QP and Cove coming up. 3 defeats beckoning.

It’s been a downward spiral for a good few seasons, but by God, it hasn’t half accelerated under this BoD and Holt. His recruitment buoyed by data analytics is woeful to say the least. The sooner he leaves our club the better. I was all for giving Sheerin a chance, but his time is up too. If we still have ambitions to go up, the whole club from top to bottom needs a clear out and start afresh! 

5 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I'm not sure about this Data Analytics chat. 

Having seen out scouting report 'Left back likes to kick the ball with left foot' there's no danger anyone at this sham of a club even knows what a primary key is.

It’s apparently what Holt is using to identify players. His lad must have hacked into his laptop. 

21 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

It’s been a downward spiral for a good few seasons, but by God, it hasn’t half accelerated under this BoD and Holt. His recruitment buoyed by data analytics is woeful to say the least. The sooner he leaves our club the better. I was all for giving Sheerin a chance, but his time is up too. If we still have ambitions to go up, the whole club from top to bottom needs a clear out and start afresh! 

Its a self fulfilling cycle. Sack manager* = New manager = clear out = new signings = few in - few out = failure in league = repeat*.

The club desperately needs stability for a manager to be given a run of 3 - 4 seasons.

Manager and players that have been punted have proved they did not fail because of not being good enough but because of the structure and leadership in the club in general.

FFC will not progress before every last one of the board are ousted.

Changing managers will not solve the problem.

Whimper.

Totally unacceptable. Sadly I think Sheerin's time is up but I can't see where the cash is coming from to pay him off. We had the chance to really kick on but, predictably, completely blew it.

Too many tanner baw players in the squad. Morrison, McGuffie, McDaid, Nesbitt, Ross, Telfer, Weekes, Ruth, all too similar while we've got nothing different to change things.

The Montrose centre backs would have had a more uncomfortable afternoon if I had been playing against them. Ruth rarely challenged them and was often on his arse. My Granny would have done better and they're baith deed!

Montrose thoroughly merited their win and I think they could be challenging if they can find some consistency.

Free hit next week where he's surely got to try something different. Got to bring in Williamson, Krasniqi and Keena and play a back three. Won't happen though.