The Falkirk FC Thread

I think it was that year that they were crying about refereeing decisions (shock!!).

Every time we got a throw in or the tamest free kick the South Stand started chanting "It's a conspiracy, it's a conspiracy!" 😄

Their wee faces were frothing away something wonderful to behold in the coconut shy that day.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I've nothing but bad memories of him, an absolute disaster at crosses which is kinda fundamental to goalkeeping.

I've no doubt he had some good moments but all I can remember are the bad ones.    

My abiding memory of Boaby was the time at Motherwell when he slid out to collect a through ball only to slide right out of his box then, realising that he couldn't handle it, he let the ball run by him to allow their striker a tap-in!

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Always thought Boaby was an ok keeper and ended up in the Championship down south for a good spell after us.  

Rated Krul over Kasper at the time as recall KS being an excellent shot stopper but never coming for crosses.  

All were far better than Lambers, Higgins and Butter Flinders.  

Lambers done ok when he finally got a run, always though Glennon was good till Yogi fell out with him and sent him packing

My abiding memory of Boaby was the time at Motherwell when he slid out to collect a through ball only to slide right out of his box then, realising that he couldn't handle it, he let the ball run by him to allow their striker a tap-in!
Likewise, Gordon Marshall, at East End, on Hogmanay, chucking them in.

I've nothing but bad memories of him, an absolute disaster at crosses which is kinda fundamental to goalkeeping.
I've no doubt he had some good moments but all I can remember are the bad ones.    
Aye, that best ever finish in the Premier League. #Disaster!

2 hours ago, kiddy said:
4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Likewise, Gordon Marshall, at East End, on Hogmanay, chucking them in.

Canny remember that, maybe I wasn't there? I do remember that Marshall had a habit of charging out of his box to assault opposing forwards though. Often toward the bye line too when there wasn't much danger. Great goalie though.

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye the cockup at Motherwell was a cracker.  Was a tight game too. Did we end up losing 3 2 or something like that.

Yes, Steve Lovell &Graham Barrett scored that day. The next game there that season was a 1-1 draw with Dean Holden scoring.

CelebrationvWell(a2).jpg

ROlejnikvWell(a2)2.jpg

Supporters joyvWell(a).jpg

I was at the game when he slid out of the box at Motherwell, released the ball and gifted their striker a goal. We'd only equalised about a minute beforehand IIRC

I also remember him punching a cross in to his own net against Hamilton in the last minute when we were already 4-0 up.

Other than that I think he was a solid enough keeper. His best moment for us was the following season with the double penalty save against McGeady in the 3-3 game

I certainly wouldn't pin any blame on him for our relegation. We were fine at the back and had something like 6 or 7 0-0 draws, not being able to stick it in the net at the other end was definitely our problem that season

21 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I was at the game when he slid out of the box at Motherwell, released the ball and gifted their striker a goal. We'd only equalised about a minute beforehand IIRC

I also remember him punching a cross in to his own net against Hamilton in the last minute when we were already 4-0 up.

Other than that I think he was a solid enough keeper. His best moment for us was the following season with the double penalty save against McGeady in the 3-3 game

I certainly wouldn't pin any blame on him for our relegation. We were fine at the back and had something like 6 or 7 0-0 draws, not being able to stick it in the net at the other end was definitely our problem that season

He was no more than competent, and often less than that.

Maybe you've forgotten the post split game against 10 man St Mirren when he flapped at, and missed, a cross with 5 or 10 minutes to go for a vital equaliser. 2 points dropped and we went down by 1 or 2.

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

You're right, I'd forgotten that he'd actually gathered the ball then let it go when he left the box.

I remember 

8 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I always mind a big fat b*****d tic fan in the temp stand near us in the South going ballistic every time we got a decision that didn’t please him. He was jumping about like a fecking madman, looking at him it was probably the most exercise he’d had in his life.

The temp stands were always fun for winding up next to some greasy old firm fans that had bought tickets for the home end. Our family/friend group would always wind up any of them that were sat near us to the absolute max.

A couple of old boys who were clearly Celtic fans sat in front of us when we won 1-0 in the game Kasper saved a penalty. Every now and then we'd make snarky remarks about Celtic players, their ground or their fans and the two old duffers would turn round and glare at us. It wasn't exactly hard either given they had Lennon, Presley and Hartley playing for them that day. A proper gallery of utter p***ks that would surround the ref at every decision either protesting innocence or looking for bookings to be dished out to Falkirk players.

Good times.