The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

How did the development squads do in their recent games?

The game at Newcastle on Saturday apparently went extremely well until the usual wholesale changes that you get in friendlies. It was 1-1 for something like 60 minutes and then after bringing on a pile of subs they lost a number of goals in the last half hour. Or so I understand from speaking to Ian Fergus on Sunday morning.  

The Under 16s won 3-2 on Sunday in the 1000 kickoff. Goals from Aaron Ramage, Jazib Khaliq and Blair Nelson. In my (admittedly very biased) eyes it was 3-2 going on 5 or 6 as their goalie played a blinder.  

I wasn't at the U18s game - I left after the 16s ended to head for Livingston to watch the women - but from texts with Ian yesterday they lost 2-1. I believe both teams have a lot of walking wounded so maybe it's just as well the league season is over, bar one final U18 game away to Montrose. It was meant to be tonight but is off and will be rearranged.  

I presume there will be reports or maybe a video interview with IF at some point this week. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's a parody account. There seems to be a few of them around. I was told today that one has been made up for Clyde FC saying that their signing of Benjamin Mendy is imminent. 

Sure that’s true but just had a look and it’s a pretty crap parody account. Apart from that one tweet the rest is pretty believable, plus there are new pictures. 

Confused as if it’s real then why on Earth would you write that and if it’s a parody then where did the photos come from and why not more of the same instead of the other benign tweets?

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sure that’s true but just had a look and it’s a pretty crap parody account. Apart from that one tweet the rest is pretty believable, plus there are new pictures. 

Confused as if it’s real then why on Earth would you write that and if it’s a parody then where did the photos come from and why not more of the same instead of the other benign tweets?

No idea. I haven't looked at it and as I'm not a twitter person I wouldn't know where to start in terms of verifying it. I have a twitter account but it was set up so I could watch the output of a few media companies. 

A friend who's much younger and more tech-savvy than I am told me it was fake and I have no reason to doubt her, hence my reply. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No idea. I haven't looked at it and as I'm not a twitter person I wouldn't know where to start in terms of verifying it. I have a twitter account but it was set up so I could watch the output of a few media companies. 

A friend who's much younger and more tech-savvy than I am told me it was fake and I have no reason to doubt her, hence my reply. 

Have a look and see what you think yourself? Unless your friend knows for sure then we’re all just guessing. 

9 hours ago, kiddy said:

Whos record behind the same defence was worse than Olejnik's.

Pulled off one of the best saves I've seen at Dens (Olejnik that is). Player took a shot, he'd dived for it, deflected off a player and he spun in the air to push it away.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pulled off one of the best saves I've seen at Dens (Olejnik that is). Player took a shot, he'd dived for it, deflected off a player and he spun in the air to push it away.

I've nothing but bad memories of him, an absolute disaster at crosses which is kinda fundamental to goalkeeping.

I've no doubt he had some good moments but all I can remember are the bad ones.    

27 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I've nothing but bad memories of him, an absolute disaster at crosses which is kinda fundamental to goalkeeping.

I've no doubt he had some good moments but all I can remember are the bad ones.    

Played a blinder in the remeberance Sunday game against Celtic

Remember that game more for the way an element of their support disgraced themselves during the minutes silence and how Sky muted it and Peter Lawwell sat shaking his head during it. Loved how when their latecomer fans entered the ground after the minutes silence the full South and Main stands greeted them with chants of “scum scum scum”.